Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 11:57 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,698,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
well if he brags that's defenitely being a dick.

but nonetheless there are few things to blame you for.

why are working at the same place as your "husband"?
why do you expect to be involved with your husband's job.

There are plenty of men who like to keep business just business. and keep life just life. there is nothing wrong with a man or woman not including their spouse in their work functions.

I suggest that you both need to stop wishing the other person was somebody else.
There is nothing wrong with working at the same place as your husband...my husband and I have done it for years....completely different areas...and no overlapp....but it's very much a non-isdue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 11:58 AM

102,177 posts, read 107,735,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That's really unreal, really. Doesn't happen.

It's also a bit odd to be truly upper middle class and not go to college.

But yeah, not buying the Ivy assistant coach and professor bit.
That was my first reaction, too. But Princess Di and her sister were never expected to go to college. They were only expected to be pretty ornaments.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:01 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,878,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That's really unreal, really. Doesn't happen.

It's also a bit odd to be truly upper middle class and not go to college.
...or know how to type.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:02 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,610,153 times
Have you met his family?

Old 01-07-2015, 12:03 PM

88,492 posts, read 84,635,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
What are you missing?
The center of the doorway. Turn around, aim at the center and walk out, and either be content without a fiancé or find a real man who isn't an insufferable putz. Best wishes.
Wonderful answer!

Old 01-07-2015, 12:03 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,920,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That was my first reaction, too. But Princess Di and her sister were never expected to go to college. They were only expected to be pretty ornaments.

Princess Di, even before being a princess, wasn't born into an upper middle class family. It was a very well to do aristocratic family. Some may consider them upper middle class, I guess, but not I.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:07 PM

245 posts, read 219,211 times
Why are you engaged to this guy?

Old 01-07-2015, 12:21 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,220,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
University of Virginia is conside red one of the "public ivies".....so it may refer to that.

Personally the guy sounds like a douche-bag and the OP would do well to get rid of the status-seeking, insecure , puffed-up jerk.
Yeah... I was thinking of UVA when I posted. He sounds like he might be even more of a puffed up jerk BECAUSE he's not quite good enough to get an actual ivy league job.

I know people like that... kings and queens of their own, lesser ponds. I know plenty who are ivy leaguers who are quite down to earth. People who act like the guy the OP is describing are to be avoided.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:23 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,220,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Plenty of people think they were raised upper middle class because in the town they came from, they were the upper middle class. In another town/city, they'd probably be middle class or blue-collar types of families.

Which, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but still. Just something I thought might apply to the OP's situation.

I have friends who most definitely grew up upper middle class (country club and the whole deal) who didn't go to college, but most tried it... didn't like it... joined the family business... or found some other type of vocation (hairdressers, restaurateurs, etc)

Old 01-07-2015, 12:30 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,007,531 times
REDZIN gave the good answer OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships