Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 11:55 AM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
The men (who complain) tend to complain about getting rejected by women, but rarely admit to doing much of the rejecting. Nobody wants them, according to them.

The women (who complain) tend to complain about rejecting men, but rarely admit to getting rejected themselves. They're always in hot demand, according to them.

Pretty interesting dichotomy if you ask me. Thoughts?
I'll let you in on the hot tip.

Most people are full of **** either way........ I don't believe most men get blown off as much as they think and I don't think that the women that talk about the hoards after the aren't necessarily saying it right either...

Old 01-10-2015, 12:00 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I basically said word for word what you said. You wonder if women have a hard time admitting that they are getting rejected so that they have to act like they are being chased. I'm not sure what you think I have wrong. I don't have any questions. Your thread is simply giving me a good chuckle!

Dating is about finding the right person. Men are still usually the ones that ask women out. Therefore, it makes sense that men face more rejection while women have a harder time with getting the right men to approach them.
No, not exactly.

I also mentioned (and what you left out is) that men may have women chasing them, too, but they don't consider them because they're not the women they necessarily want. At least that's been my case.

Whereas the women who complain here always seem to have guys chasing after them and are rarely rejected.

This is just an observation, not necessarily an explanation. That's what the discussion is for.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'll let you in on the hot tip.

Most people are full of **** either way........ I don't believe most men get blown off as much as they think and I don't think that the women that talk about the hoards after the aren't necessarily saying it right either...
I think you're right.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:05 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times
I've been rejected by men, but it's not such a big deal that I feel I need to complain about it or blame anyone.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:06 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
The men (who complain) tend to complain about getting rejected by women, but rarely admit to doing much of the rejecting. Nobody wants them, according to them.

The women (who complain) tend to complain about rejecting men, but rarely admit to getting rejected themselves. They're always in hot demand, according to them.

Pretty interesting dichotomy if you ask me. Thoughts?
I've, as a man, admitted I've rejected women in the past. Hell, I may be an undesirable a-hole but I'm allowed to have standards like everyone else.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I've been rejected by men, but it's not such a big deal that I feel I need to complain about it or blame anyone.
I love your status btw. It seems to fit the stereotype perfectly.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:08 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,297 times
When I was online dating, I noticed a lot of the same trends there from women. You had your women who were naturally pretty good catches. They got online and got offline pretty quickly. They either met the right guy they wanted or they realized the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

Then you would have the women who were tired of just being messaged for their boobs or to hook up. I would go and read their profiles and analyze their pictures, and what I noticed is they are poor communicators of what they want. The reason they attracted bad guys, is because the type of guy they wanted didn't really exist. Say a mixture of 50 Shades of Grey and Duck Dynasty. You are likely not going to find the Duck Dynasty type guy who can clean up in a suit and make 6 figure income. They're two different mindsets all together. What they wanted was a fantasy.

Men fall into the same trap of wanting a woman who's slender, big boobs, smart, and can cook a 5 course meal. Quite frankly, you're looking for a needle in a haystack instead of a plank in a bush. It's all about mindset. It's really hard to get the best of both worlds. Most people excel in one area in their life and need help from others to improve on the part of their life they suck in. For instance, I'm very career driven, yet I'm a bit of a dating nightmare. Dating has never came easy for me, while obtaining a career has been pretty easy. That's because dedication in a career goes a lot further than dedication in dating.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:10 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Please quote specific posts that prove that the women who visit this forum say they are in hot demand.
Yes. This isn't what I've seen, not on a consistent enough basis to constitute a distinct pattern. Some women don't have trouble attracting male attention. Others do. However, what I have noticed is that on the rare occasion women complain about struggling to get dates in the same way some of the men here do, they're disbelieved. They're hit with a barrage of posts that say women have it made in dating, they have guys lined up daily asking for dates, all they have to do is choose among the dozens of daily offers. One gets the impression that only men are allowed to complain of being dateless, on C-D.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
When I was online dating, I noticed a lot of the same trends there from women. You had your women who were naturally pretty good catches. They got online and got offline pretty quickly. They either met the right guy they wanted or they realized the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

Then you would have the women who were tired of just being messaged for their boobs or to hook up. I would go and read their profiles and analyze their pictures, and what I noticed is they are poor communicators of what they want. The reason they attracted bad guys, is because the type of guy they wanted didn't really exist. Say a mixture of 50 Shades of Grey and Duck Dynasty. You are likely not going to find the Duck Dynasty type guy who can clean up in a suit and make 6 figure income. They're two different mindsets all together. What they wanted was a fantasy.

Men fall into the same trap of wanting a woman who's slender, big boobs, smart, and can cook a 5 course meal. Quite frankly, you're looking for a needle in a haystack instead of a plank in a bush. It's all about mindset. It's really hard to get the best of both worlds. Most people excel in one area in their life and need help from others to improve on the part of their life they suck in. For instance, I'm very career driven, yet I'm a bit of a dating nightmare. Dating has never came easy for me, while obtaining a career has been pretty easy. That's because dedication in a career goes a lot further than dedication in dating.
You, sir, are wise beyond your years. I like your perspectives.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:12 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Not verbatim ("hot demand"), but I've observed several female posters who've made sure to specify in their posts that they always have men chasing them, just not the men they are interested in.
So? That does happen to some women. Why is that a problem? There are men here who say they have women hitting on them, but not women they're into. As I recall, you've said that yourself, on occasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships