Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2015, 06:54 PM

1,917 posts, read 1,278,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Some guys rely solely on their looks and women get bored with men who have no personality and nothing really interesting to contribute to a conversation. By definition, a pretty boy is just a pretty face if he has nothing for show. Not saying you weren't being genuine with these women, but for some of us we really do look for kindness and a host of experiences and traits that make people well-rounded as individuals.
I have worked on my personality alot over the years. I'm kinda sorta talking to a girl now that thinks I am hilarious. And there is also a girl that is absolutely nuts over me(i dont feel the same for her). She loves my personality. I do bring more to the table. I'm just not a "smooth operator" like most women want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 06:57 PM

And people, please stop giving me the, "its cause your black" advice. LOL trust me, I've heard that for a little over 20 years now in every aspect haha.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:00 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
You're preaching to the chior. I go after any race. Most of my previous GF were not black though...... But a small part of me does wish that I was programmed to only date in my race. It would make life easier.
Have you always been "programmed" to date interracially? I remember having crushes on a few black celebrities when I was a kid, but I fell really hard for Joey McIntyre from New Kids on the Block when I was about 8 or 9 years old. After that, I mostly had crushes on non-black guys with a few black guys mixed in there. And I still have a soft spot for Joey after all these years. When we met, he called me "sweetheart" and I got to take a picture with him!

Old 01-13-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Have you always been "programmed" to date interracially? I remember having crushes on a few black celebrities when I was a kid, but I fell really hard for Joey McIntyre from New Kids on the Block when I was about 8 or 9 years old. After that, I mostly had crushes on non-black guys with a few black guys mixed in there. And I still have a soft spot for Joey after all these years. When we met, he called me "sweetheart" and I got to take a picture with him!
Hell no! Stacey Dash, Alecia Keys, Sana Lathan.... Those are hottie's LOL.
I just "notice" ( I don't have a better way to put it) girls outside my race quicker. If that makes sense.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:15 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,799 times
Quote:
And people, please stop giving me the, "its cause your black" advice. LOL trust me, I've heard that for a little over 20 years now in every aspect haha.
I don't really think it's because you're black. The black guys that I know do VERY well with women. I think things would be way more difficult if you were Asian.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
I don't really think it's because you're black. The black guys that I know do VERY well with women. I think things would be way more difficult if you were Asian.
Hmmm... I never thought about that. Yea, there could be some truth to that

Old 01-13-2015, 07:24 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,237 times
Women tell me im good looking kind of alot..not as often as they did when i was in shape, but i still hear it pretty often, or theyll just flat out say: "you seem really cool, and i find you attractive"...so i cant really say i have a hard time dating because women are generally pretty receptive of me...but this is because i have a relatively cool personality in real life...women also tell me all the time that i look mean, or scary, which is interesting because you'd think that would keep them from talking to me or asking for my phone number...but i noticed, after women realize im not the serial killer they thought i was, they tend to move in for the kill lol.. (see how i set that up?) Point being, OP, maybe your personality blows?...idk.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:28 PM

378 posts, read 441,607 times
Default Are there many Japanese girls in your area?

Quote:
Hmmm... I never thought about that. Yea, there could be some truth to that
Is it true Asian and Japanese women like only American men and black men

Old 01-13-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Women tell me im good looking kind of alot..not as often as they did when i was in shape, but i still hear it pretty often, or theyll just flat out say: "you seem really cool, and i find you attractive"...so i cant really say i have a hard time dating because women are generally pretty receptive of me...but this is because i have a relatively cool personality in real life...women also tell me all the time that i look mean, or scary, which is interesting because you'd think that would keep them from talking to me or asking for my phone number...but i noticed, after women realize im not the serial killer they thought i was, they tend to move in for the kill lol.. (see how i set that up?) Point being, OP, maybe your personality blows?...idk.
I dont think so at all..... Women are receptive to me, just not at a high frequency. I can make women laugh, which I think is a big deal. I know this because I like funny women myself. If a girl can make me laugh, her looks are not even part of the equation for me anymore, seriously.

General question for alot of the guys in here. When you were single(or if you still are), how many women a week did you try to talk to? And please be honest(dont give me nonsense about "oh I talked to 15 a day"). Im starting to think maybe I need to try to talk to more women at a higher volume(only if I have a good opportunity. Im not much for talking to women at a gas station or grocery store).

Old 01-13-2015, 07:43 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
I dont think so at all..... Women are receptive to me, just not at a high frequency. I can make women laugh, which I think is a big deal. I know this because I like funny women myself. If a girl can make me laugh, her looks are not even part of the equation for me anymore, seriously.

General question for alot of the guys in here. When you were single(or if you still are), how many women a week did you try to talk to? And please be honest(dont give me nonsense about "oh I talked to 15 a day"). Im starting to think maybe I need to try to talk to more women at a higher volume(only if I have a good opportunity. Im not much for talking to women at a gas station or grocery store).

Zero. I never, ever went anywhere thinking I'm going to try to chat someone up or meet someone. There would be many weeks where I didn't talk to anyone new because of what I was doing or where I was in my head, some weeks where I talked to a few as I was out at events and it just happened, but I never just tried to go out and meet people or talk to women; it just came as a byproduct of what I was doing in my life. I can't imagine it happening any other way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships