Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2015, 09:54 AM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
This is what I think is best for now.

Call this nice woman you went out with, tell her youre sorry you didnt get in touch with her sooner, but that you had a great time with her and that you were afraid of coming on too strong. Tell her you would love to go out again as you planned because you like her a lot. IF she would like to again.

Something along the lines of how you honestly feel and not how you want her to perceive you.
Only do this If that is really how you feel. If you are not getting a good sense of chemistry by the third date, then certainly do not pursue.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:56 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,210,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Overthink much?
Yes. Every. Single. Day.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
You have said yourself that you use this place to vent. Can you blame us for thinking that you are bitter when that is exactly what you use CD for most of the time? We don't know you. We haven't spent time with you. All we know about you is what you post here.
Most of what I post here is not venting though. I probably have a few threads that can be considered genuine venting. Most other things I post are responses to other poster's threads or general inquiries about a topic.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:58 AM

11,784 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
But you said it right there. See the bold. If you're not doing that, then I don't know how you feel.

OTOH, I've been initiating all the dates and most of the communication. If you don't get that I'm into you after all that, then you're clueless and are probably better off single.
You hadn't communicated since Sunday. That shows as much disinterest to her as you're blaming her for. But you are right that you need to take a break because what you're doing isn't working.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:01 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
At some point in time - you need to listen to yourself and decide what is right for you. Everyone is different. I think it's a bit silly to end things with someone after you have had a great time with them because you think it's a possibility that she's not interested in you even though you don't know for sure.

Dating out of fear, or just going through life out of fear is rough. I think for the OP, he appears to follow the same model. He has a thought process of what dating is to him. Just like the woman has a thought process of what dating is to her.

I have absolutely no patience in dating. It's absolutely the one vice I have. If I really like and care for someone, I can't contain it. If I don't have those feelings for someone, then my patience will runneth over. Maybe this is the OP? He knows when he's really into someone, but the women he's attracted to tend to be the exact opposite. Just like for me, I've never been attracted to the woman who's over the top into me. Those women tended to always be dependent on a man and I'm VERY ATTRACTED to independent women.

The next woman I date who ends up being what I'm after independence wise, I'm going to have to wrestle with my inability to be patient. To give a woman time to warm up to me, even if it's not how my mind works. Maybe the OPs experience is that he's always known immediately that the women were into him and vice versa? There wasn't this feel each other out stage, to where it builds up his insecurities.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Dating out of fear, or just going through life out of fear is rough. I think for the OP, he appears to follow the same model. He has a thought process of what dating is to him. Just like the woman has a thought process of what dating is to her.

I have absolutely no patience in dating. It's absolutely the one vice I have. If I really like and care for someone, I can't contain it. If I don't have those feelings for someone, then my patience will runneth over. Maybe this is the OP? He knows when he's really into someone, but the women he's attracted to tend to be the exact opposite. Just like for me, I've never been attracted to the woman who's over the top into me. Those women tended to always be dependent on a man and I'm VERY ATTRACTED to independent women.

The next woman I date who ends up being what I'm after independence wise, I'm going to have to wrestle with my inability to be patient. To give a woman time to warm up to me, even if it's not how my mind works. Maybe the OPs experience is that he's always known immediately that the women were into him and vice versa? There wasn't this feel each other out stage, to where it builds up his insecurities.
I'm the same way. At least I know I'm not alone in responding this way.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Only do this If that is really how you feel. If you are not getting a good sense of chemistry by the third date, then certainly do not pursue.
Well, we spent the entire day together and slept together on the 3rd date, so I don't know. What do you think?

Old 01-14-2015, 10:10 AM

245 posts, read 219,281 times
I think you would be better off if you just ignored jillabean's advice, she seems to be in her own little world when it comes to expectations. Sorry she is put off by a guy texting her more than once a day, lol...

Old 01-14-2015, 10:11 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Well, we spent the entire day together and slept together on the 3rd date, so I don't know. What do you think?
I think a lot of women might still be afraid that she is being used for sex if she doesn't hear from a guy right after she sleeps with him.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:11 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
I'm the same way. At least I know I'm not alone in responding this way.
And that's our problem. It can push women away who are really into us. It's a balancing act of still having your needs met, but also meeting the needs of your partner too. You don't get to go back and clean up spilled milk, but next time you can either spill much less or not spill any at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships