Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2015, 12:40 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
He's not looking to date (what you mean is sleep with, not date) multiple people. He's looking for a relationship.

I hope that someday you can understand why he might want that.

Sleeping with a bunch of people is freaking easy compared with having one real relationship with a person that you care about (and vice versa).
Yeah, been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.

It's not the same as having a relationship. I don't care about sleeping around. I had enough fun in my early and mid-20s. I want to settle down and eventually start a family.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
What kind of flowers did you buy?
No flowers. This time. On the next date though...

I texted her and established that I'm going to call her later tonight. She said yes to that.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:46 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times

Old 01-14-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wait, wait, whoa. You slept with her on the 3rd date, and then didn't contact her afterwards? That is a HUGE faux pas! She may well have concluded, when she didn't hear from you the next day, nor the next (until late evening), that you're one of those guys who, when he gets what he wants, puts another notch on his belt and moves on. You do NOT f*** a woman, then disappear!

Fleur, tell me you're not THIS clueless! Please!

It's your overthinking that's getting in the way in these situations.

Also, explain to me please, how contacting a woman the day after a date to thank her or say you had a great time, is being clingy? Do you understand the difference between Jillabean's situations, where guys she hardly knows blow up her phone with messages and texts, vs. your texting or calling once to let your date know you had a great time? I know you're smart, so you should be able to see the difference in those 2 scenarios, but you don't seem to. Why is that? That's not normal, to not be able to distinguish between those two extremes.
Well, it's the perception that I picked up here, as well as other places; that a guy who is all over her after sex is clingy. It's not only from Jillabean's posts. I've heard and read it elsewhere as well. "OMG, I slept with this guy and now he's hitting me up!" Sorry, but it's the ladies who complain about this that set the precedence. If you think for one moment that I don't want to contact a girl daily whom I'm really into, then you're sorely mistaken my friend.

People tell me if I do this, I'm ****ed. People tell me if I do that, I'm ****ed. Damn I wish there was a set of official rules, then this thing wouldn't be so darn difficult to interpret. Instead, I have different people telling me in either ear what to do and what not to do, and often times, it's conflicting information. I'm trying to do the right thing as to not to scare this woman off. F*** me, right?

Old 01-14-2015, 12:48 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
F*** me, right?
She already did that.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:51 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Well, it's the perception that I picked up here, as well as other places; that a guy who is all over her after sex is clingy. It's not only from Jillabean's posts. I've heard and read it elsewhere as well. "OMG, I slept with this guy and now he's hitting me up!" Sorry, but it's the ladies who complain about this that set the precedence. If you think for one moment that I don't want to contact a girl daily whom I'm really into, then you're sorely mistaken my friend.

People tell me if I do this, I'm ****ed. People tell me if I do that, I'm ****ed. Damn I wish there was a set of official rules, then this thing wouldn't be so darn difficult to interpret. Instead, I have different people telling me in either ear what to do and what not to do, and often times, it's conflicting information. I'm trying to do the right thing as to not to scare this woman off. F*** me, right?

Its about being in between extremes. Official rules don't exist because you and I are different, and every woman is different. It is about being yourself (shouldn't be hard) and then tempering your actions based on the verbal and non verbal feedback you're getting with each individual person. It can be challenging, sure, and if it is too challenging it wasn't a good match and you move on. You just seem to take things to extremes and want people to be the same and expect the same. That's not real (and it would be boring if it were).

Old 01-14-2015, 12:54 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:

Why are you dependent on rules and on what other people say? Are you not able to discern on your own what is appropriate when, and what types of interactions (SEX, for god's sake!) require some delicacy and thoughtfulness afterwards, more than other types of interactions?

Why are you perceiving giving one phone call or sending 1 text, after a date that involved sex, as being "all over her"? That is not normal. Why would a single communication, after a fairly momentous event, no less, be considered "being all over her"? That's the explanation I need. Why is your mind making that connection?

Fleur, you're starting to come across like someone with very mild autism, or something; someone who's missing some very basic understanding about human nature and how men and women relate. I'm not being snarky, I'm serious. This is unusual. It must be related to whatever it is in you that causes the overthinking. There's a mental issue, here.

And btw, you're not officially off the dating market, because you'd already set a date with her for the weekend before you even posted here. So for some reason, you're dramatizing. (That's the polite word, in this instance, for "lying".) Try to relax and enjoy the date on the weekend. And for heaven's sake, give her a phone call to chat, like a normal person would, after a woman just surrendered her body to him.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-14-2015 at 01:12 PM..

Old 01-14-2015, 12:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
No flowers. This time. On the next date though...

I texted her and established that I'm going to call her later tonight. She said yes to that.
There ya go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
She already did that.
That's what he said.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:57 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,695,348 times
Check what you are buying prior to the sale. It appears you purchased a ticket to a dinner theater instead of a romantic dinner. Sometimes the product cannot be identified and is not refundable. Life does have risks. In future when there are unknowns downgrade dinner to a stop at the hotdog stand.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:01 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
So very true.
Seconded. I can get it whenever I want, but when it comes to relationships, its hard to get in one. Heck, either it's me, or it's her. Looks are fluid for me, it's just the compatibilit...

What's happened to me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships