Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2015, 02:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
To answer your question, no. And I typically would break things off before sex if I felt they weren't going well.

The girl from October was flakey and didn't reciprocate much at all. I broke it off before we got to that point. We went on several dates, but she indicated she wasn't ready for another relationship after her previous one. So I pulled back and explained that I was going to do that. She seemed fine with it, but recently she has been contacting me again to hang out. Oddly enough...

Another girl I just dated was very difficult after the first date. She said she had a great time the day after our first date. However, when I attempted to set up a second date, she seemed to never have time. So I broke things off and explained to her why I was doing that. I don't want to date someone who doesn't have time for the very activity we're trying to do.

With this girl, it was completely different. We hit it off right away. We had a great time during our first meeting. We actually met at a singles/dating event. Had a great second date that lasted all day. And finally, our third date went really well also. She's the only one I slept with out of the last few, and that's because things were going so well. But she's been pretty passive the past few weeks in terms of contacting me. I thought nothing of it the first couple weeks, figured this is the way it goes. But after three weeks, it seems like there might be something wrong. Maybe she's not feeling it with me. So I have to wonder why I'm wasting any more time on this one if that is the case.
The first girl sounds like she told you exactly what was going on - she wasn't ready for another relationship. The second girl - that makes sense.

The third girl - it doesn't make any sense why you would have this reaction to her. She slept with you. That is a better indication of how she feels about you than a text message.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:53 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Why don't you just ask the girl if she's interested or not so you don't waste each other's time?

Old 01-14-2015, 03:28 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,210,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Why don't you just ask the girl if she's interested or not so you don't waste each other's time?
I mean, I will eventually. It didn't seem to be the right question to jump to after a few dates. Would you not be weirded out a little if a guy asked you if you were interested in him after a few dates? Again, I'm just trying not to be pushy and let this play out naturally without her feeling like I'm rushing her. It seems to be a better question to ask after having several dates, when you're deciding to move on to the next step.

Last edited by Lafleur; 01-14-2015 at 03:37 PM..

Old 01-14-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I mean, I will eventually. It didn't seem to be the right question to jump to after a few dates. Would you not be weirded out a little if a guy asked you if you were interested in him after a few dates? Again, I'm just trying to to be pushy and let this play out naturally without her feeling like I'm rushing her. It seems to be a better question to ask after having several dates, when you're deciding to move on to the next step.

If you end up going out on several dates, I think it's safe to say she's interested.

If you tell/ask her to contact you and she does, then she's interested. Example "Give me a call or shoot me a text this week so we can plan to hang out again!" If you don't hear from her, attempt contact one more time. If she answers or responds, it's all good. If she doesn't answer or respond, she's not interested.

(Then again, maybe I'm the wrong chick to give advice because I would rather be home alone than wasting time with somebody I did not enjoy being with. )

Old 01-14-2015, 03:52 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
What "lacklustre" response are you talking about? If the women are sleeping with you, that's huge. That's a heck of a lot more than most guys get. The ultimate way for a woman to let a guy know she's into him is to sleep with him. So if that's not enough for you, the problem is squarely with you, my friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
The third girl - it doesn't make any sense why you would have this reaction to her. She slept with you. That is a better indication of how she feels about you than a text message.
Yup. I don't understand why the OP wouldn't think that things were going great with this particular girl unless he's had experiences in the past where women have decided that they were no longer interested right after having sex with him.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:52 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,081 times
Women frustrate the hell out of me sometimes, but I won't give up on them. I realize it's difficult but give them a chance.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:54 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Not every guy can ask a woman out. Some guys are shy, some guys are introverted, some prefer being by themselves, and some flat out aren't interested.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:02 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
I mean, I will eventually. It didn't seem to be the right question to jump to after a few dates. Would you not be weirded out a little if a guy asked you if you were interested in him after a few dates? Again, I'm just trying not to be pushy and let this play out naturally without her feeling like I'm rushing her. It seems to be a better question to ask after having several dates, when you're deciding to move on to the next step.
Not if I was SLEEPING WITH HIM for God's sake. Surely after crossing that rubicon you should be able to manage a simple conversation about where the relationship is going?

Old 01-14-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Not every guy can ask a woman out. Some guys are shy, some guys are introverted, some prefer being by themselves, and some flat out aren't interested.

As a shy person riddled with social anxiety, I totally get it. But if I was already at a point where I had been on a few dates with someone, I think I would be able to figure out if there was interest or not just based on reciprocal communication.

If a guy was decreasing the amount of communication he had with me or had reasons to not get together without followup plans, then I'd take that as a sign of disinterest. I don't think women are any different. At least I wasn't.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:03 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Are you in the right thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships