Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2015, 01:11 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,210,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Are you excited about her?

It's really hard to tell that from only written words. It comes across to me as more that you're relieved to have someone to go out with on a regular basis than feeling you might have found "The One", and I hope that's not the case.
OMG! I CAN'T EVEN DESCRIBE THESE FEELS! IT'S LIKE, IT'S LIKE, IT'S LIKE SOMEONE FLIPPED ON A LIGHT SWITCH IN MY LIFE!

Better?

You tell me to stop reading so much into these text messages, or lack thereof. Can I suggest you take your own advice and do the same here?

Yes, I'm thrilled about her being in my life. We get along great. We have a lot of common interests and opinions. She's awesome to be around. She's the perfect balance for me, because she's actually able to carry a conversation unlike many of the women I've dated in the past who were boring and/or reserved. She's already started talking about things to do this summer, so I think there's a strong possibility of a future with her. I look forward to every second I get to spend around her, because she brings so much more to the table. I told my friend this morning that I feel honored and privileged that someone so cool finds me cool and fun enough to hang out with.

All is good with her right now. I'm going to enjoy it for what it is at this moment.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:37 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
No, I already stated that I'm no longer posting any new threads on this forum. New Years' resolution. I'm going to stick to it and rely on friends and family from now on. Strangers who don't know me are not the people I need to talk to about these things.

So rest assured. This is the final Lafleur thread you'll ever see on this sub-forum.
Ooh, you promise?

Quote:
Honestly, I think some of these women need to put down Fifty Shades of Gray and get some rough, nasty sex and their minds will be at ease about the content of my text messages.
Oh, lawd, with the text messages. Is that what this is about? No, I'm not reading 40+ pages. But obsessing over text messages has got to be the STUPIDEST thing people do on these threads. Text messages are for telling people you're late, or reminding a spouse to pick up some butter on the way home. Using it to express or gauge romantic interest is weak.

And if that book was printed on Charmin, I still wouldn't wipe my backside with it.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:39 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,714,545 times
Good, now quit documenting everything and go focus on her.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:44 PM

11,784 posts, read 12,020,964 times
Quote:
OMG! I CAN'T EVEN DESCRIBE THESE FEELS! IT'S LIKE, IT'S LIKE, IT'S LIKE SOMEONE FLIPPED ON A LIGHT SWITCH IN MY LIFE!

Better?

You tell me to stop reading so much into these text messages, or lack thereof. Can I suggest you take your own advice and do the same here?

Yes, I'm thrilled about her being in my life. We get along great. We have a lot of common interests and opinions. She's awesome to be around. She's the perfect balance for me, because she's actually able to carry a conversation unlike many of the women I've dated in the past who were boring and/or reserved. She's already started talking about things to do this summer, so I think there's a strong possibility of a future with her. I look forward to every second I get to spend around her, because she brings so much more to the table. I told my friend this morning that I feel honored and privileged that someone so cool finds me cool and fun enough to hang out with.

All is good with her right now. I'm going to enjoy it for what it is at this moment.
Yes, much better.

It's nice that you've elaborated. Because the other day you made this bitter, frustrated and jaded thread, lamenting that you'd had a couple of dates, sex, and then sat back expecting her to contact you, that she wasn't following the rules you'd created in your head. Nowhere did you indicate that you had the type of connection that you described above.

I'm glad for you that this is someone you feel a real connection with and see potential. Best of luck.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:04 PM

37,585 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
Thanks, I'm there with you. It's like they're trying to gauge this "relationship" from hundreds of miles away without having met either of us. I know what cues to pick up on and I can go from there.

Honestly, I think some of these women need to put down Fifty Shades of Gray and get some rough, nasty sex and their minds will be at ease about the content of my text messages.
I have never read that book. My son did, and he said the writing was so bad it was hard to finish.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:10 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
I lose respect for anyone who tells me they read and enjoyed those books.

I like how LeFleur is telling is that we don't know enough to comment about HIS relationship (that he posted details of) while also telling us that OUR relationships (which we have never posted about at all) lack passion.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I lose respect for anyone who tells me they read and enjoyed those books.

I like how LeFleur is telling is that we don't know enough to comment about HIS relationship (that he posted details of) while also telling us that OUR relationships (which we have never posted about at all) lack passion.
Oh come on. He is KIDDING.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:39 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:

Better?
Much. You see, this is what your readership needs to hear. Toss us the occasional cookie, and we're happy. Hopefully, this will go well for you. She sounds like fun. Best wishes. What a great way to start off the New Year! We'll just pretend all that angsty stuff didn't happen.

I knew you weren't really "off the dating market".

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-17-2015 at 03:01 PM..

Old 01-17-2015, 03:54 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,210,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You can dish it, you just can't take it?

C'mon, you've been hammering me throughout the thread. Lighten up.

Last edited by Lafleur; 01-17-2015 at 04:26 PM..

Old 01-17-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Much. You see, this is what your readership needs to hear. Toss us the occasional cookie, and we're happy. Hopefully, this will go well for you. She sounds like fun. Best wishes. What a great way to start off the New Year! We'll just pretend all that angsty stuff didn't happen.

I knew you weren't really "off the dating market".
LOL @ "your readership". Have to say it's been a great thread. Started out all negative but clearly things have turned around. Woot woot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.