Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 12:29 PM

6 posts, read 18,976 times

Advertisements

Hi There, I'm single now after my divorce in 07' .I'm independent and I've decided that the best match for me will be a military guy. He can be away ,(I'm ok with that) because I'm doing good by myself and I'm okay with long distance relation.
Is there any online dating website ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 03:43 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,634,349 times
Google says there's MilitaryCupid, MilitaryDating, and MilitaryFriends to name a few. There's a review of military datings sites on YouTube.

Buyer Beware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfgGg3ZA4UI

Old 01-18-2015, 05:41 PM

assuming there is no good dating site ...... so sad

Old 01-18-2015, 06:03 PM

244 posts, read 247,898 times
If I may make a suggestion, if you are looking to make contact with a military man, skip the on-line dating sites and participate instead in one of the many organizations dedicated to sending cards, letters, gifts, books and sundries to our troops overseas. I would leave the dating angle out of any cards or letters, personally, just make it light and breezy. Perhaps a friendship will develop naturally -- as naturally as it can be when corresponding with a young man in a war zone or hot zone. You may or may not make a love connection but you will make a soldier's day.

Old 01-18-2015, 06:15 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,103,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
If I may make a suggestion, if you are looking to make contact with a military man, skip the on-line dating sites and participate instead in one of the many organizations dedicated to sending cards, letters, gifts, books and sundries to our troops overseas. I would leave the dating angle out of any cards or letters, personally, just make it light and breezy. Perhaps a friendship will develop naturally -- as naturally as it can be when corresponding with a young man in a war zone or hot zone. You may or may not make a love connection but you will make a soldier's day.
Guess this could work for those of us guys wanting to meet single military women.

Works both ways and there's nothing better than good old fashioned, pen-paling.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:20 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,079,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BountyHunter15 View Post
Hi There, I'm single now after my divorce in 07' .I'm independent and I've decided that the best match for me will be a military guy. He can be away ,(I'm ok with that) because I'm doing good by myself and I'm okay with long distance relation.
Is there any online dating website ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BountyHunter15 View Post
assuming there is no good dating site ...... so sad
Sorry but this is just filled with many red flags we warn our Soldiers about.

Words such as BAH and Tricare come to mind as well as someone looking to become a dependapotamus.

The warning signs are there: claims to be doing good by herself and okay with a long distance relation. This is a leaders worst nightmare here.

Joe marries someone like this, signs over a power of attorney, leaves for deployment and comes back to nothing and no one. The senior leaders in here have seen this before.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:31 PM

595 posts, read 2,702,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
Sorry but this is just filled with many red flags we warn our Soldiers about.

Words such as BAH and Tricare come to mind as well as someone looking to become a dependapotamus.

The warning signs are there: claims to be doing good by herself and okay with a long distance relation. This is a leaders worst nightmare here.

Joe marries someone like this, signs over a power of attorney, leaves for deployment and comes back to nothing and no one. The senior leaders in here have seen this before.
This was my exact thought as well. Call me cynical and skeptical, but I've seen it happen one time too many.

I just find it sort of funny that the OP has DECIDED that a military guy is the right match for her. It's just sort of weird.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:39 PM

I don't need anything from any poor soldier .I'm doing good by my own. The only one difference is I am real and I don't have a bad intentions. I had a bff at the Army long time ago and I found myself that I will be doing good with the Army man.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:21 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,518,987 times
Please don't feed this. The men in our military have enough to worry about without adding to it.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:23 AM

207 posts, read 226,495 times
Go to a military post, and post an add on the internet looking for a relationship (do not hint anything about money). Make sure you add the desire to get married.

Otherwise, get work as a civilian on a military post (think nurse, defac lady).

The key is to go where the source is at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships