U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 08:40 AM

1,524 posts, read 783,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucia199024 View Post
So ive been dating my boyfriend for almost a year. Ive had previous relationships and they failed because of me cuz i would always get bored of the guy after a year or so. My relationship with my current boyfriend was doing good but ive always had those feelings of doubt that i was not in love w him. But the strangest thing is that overall i was feeling like i was in love! Is just little details...when we hug, or hold our hands, make love or stare at each other it just feels right, i know i feel love! But then other times i dont feel anything, i feel like i dont connect with him because he is a really cold guy. Sometimes he is with me but he would be somewhere else, thinking about work (he thinks about all that stuff a lot) or idk most of the time he looks gone , is hard for me to feel loved because he sometimes acts like he does not love me. He introduced me to his family and friends, he took me to mexico, he bought me a lot of clothes for christmas....but he is quiet most of the time nd i really think thats what is turning me off....because at this point i feel like i got tired of him and i dont feel anything, Is it because he is not the right person for me? I dont understand how i felt love all this time and now i feel like im done with this relationship. What should i do?
So you don't feel love when his mind is elsewhere, or he's not talking to you. Looks like you need constant attention shower on you to feel loved. What you need is attention, not love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 08:50 AM

35,828 posts, read 39,555,909 times
If your interest fades once the relationship's no longer brand new and you aren't getting 100% of somebody's attention all the time, it's probably a good indication that you aren't really in the market for relationships. You probably are more suited to crushes and dating new guys all the time. Nobody is ever going to be able t give you all of their attention for very long. People have lives to lead outside of infatuation

Old 01-19-2015, 10:20 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,521,785 times
You sound like the type of person who needs 100% attention and can't except anything below that. You also sound like the type of person who likes that high of "failing in love", once that feeling is gone....you are gone too!

I got news for you, if you need a "high" to be in a relationship, you will be disappointed through out life and will always be jumping from one to another until one day, you are old and there is nothing left. You need to work on yourself and find your inner self or there will be a lot of disappointment in your future.

Overall, I don't think you even know what love is. You think you do but you don't actually know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships