Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 08:02 AM

757 posts, read 1,089,653 times

Advertisements

So recently met a very nice lady from an on-line dating site. Excellent manners and very kind. We have a lot in common and enjoy many of the same things like dogs and spending time outdoors. Most importantly, we share many of the same values and are close in age (mid-40's). That's important to me.

But...

The problem is that I am not sure I am sexually attracted to her. I know this is common and there's a lot of different opinions. Some say to stick with it and see where it goes while others say move on now.

We've been communicating for about a month, met up twice for daily activities and after every date, I just scratch my head on what to do and how I feel. I don't want to waste her time (or mine) but also don't want to just "call it" w/o thinking it through.

Opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 08:04 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,599,006 times
Have you ALWAYS felt an initial spark with women in the past?

Old 01-19-2015, 08:09 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,743,887 times
I don't understand the question. If you don't know if it isn't there, it isn't there. These things are obvious. This isn't about thinking, it is about feeling. If you're not feeling it, you're not. The end.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:13 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,780,694 times
If you're not feeling it with her already then don't waste either of your time with it.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:16 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,432,452 times
If you're not feeling it after a month, I don't think you ever will. I've always known within the first few dates whether there is an attraction.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:22 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,183,497 times
Exactly as the above....if you're not sure, it's not there.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Have you ALWAYS felt an initial spark with women in the past?
Yes, I have always felt an initial spark. However, I'm not sure it should be the overriding factor. Another words, maybe the attraction part will come and the other things (like sharing the same values, likes, etc.) is what makes a long term relationship work. Case in point, I'm single now At the same time, I know physical attraction is important and is key.

For others, no, we have not been dating for a month. Due to schedules, we only recently began to have in-person contact. Twice now. Before two weeks ago, we just communicated via email/phone.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:49 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,129,919 times
In order to figure this out, you need to spend more time together in person.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:02 AM

818 posts, read 913,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
In order to figure this out, you need to spend more time together in person.
I agree with this ^

It comes down to what you want / need in a relationship. Same for her.
Personally , I need a certain amount of looks to be physically attracted, but if they are shallow, crazy, unstable , like the old saying looks are only skin deep.

Is she unattractive in some way ? Are you embarrassed to be seen with her ? Does she have some habit /quirk that turns you off ? Are you in the same "league " looks wise ?

Old 01-19-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
I agree with this ^

It comes down to what you want / need in a relationship. Same for her.
Personally , I need a certain amount of looks to be physically attracted, but if they are shallow, crazy, unstable , like the old saying looks are only skin deep.

Is she unattractive in some way ? Are you embarrassed to be seen with her ? Does she have some habit /quirk that turns you off ? Are you in the same "league " looks wise ?
She's a little heavy on the bottom. Her pictures, while somewhat recent, showed a different body type. I'm guessing she's gone through a recent body change. She has a stockier build that didn't come through in her pics.

No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships