Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 11:18 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,776,695 times

Advertisements

I decided to stop trying. By that I mean, I am not actively looking for a man in my life anymore. It seems like when I use these avenues where you actively meet other singles, I end up finding men that have serious issues (AKA messed up in the head) or are looking for too serious a relationship (men who are looking for marriage). I just want to date decent/good man and get to know someone over time without an agenda or a timeline of relationship "goals."

So for me, not trying means:

- No online dating
- No speed dating
- No singles groups
- No going out places "looking" for dates

I am not giving up though. If a man shows interest in me and I am interested in him, I will give things a shot. Chances are I won't meet anywhere near as many single men let alone date them (which is fine, I rather meet less men, but men who are better match than meet a lot of men). But the upside is by not participating in some of the dating stuff listed above; it frees up my time to be more involved in other clubs and activities (that aren't singles/dating focused, but have a fair share of single people or people who know single people... so who knows).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 11:20 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,257,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
For those of you who are single and/or dating, what will you do differently in 2015?
Are you dating the same people with different faces?
Do you find yourself on the short end of the stick?
Do you date down consistently or go for the same women to experience the same outcome?

In 2015 what do you plan to do differently for more favorable outcomes when dating?
Listen to the gut feeling more often. Be more proactive about who/what people are really about.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:11 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,388,408 times
Trying new things something as simple as a german language course...but first I need to get a new job really. That's my first and foremost goal. Dating can wait.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:47 PM

356 posts, read 363,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
I'm just going to try and get OUT more... and not fear rejection.
Yup like a girl once told me
if she rejects you it's not your fault, that girl is just being a Bbleep.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:49 PM

79 posts, read 64,491 times
Not gonna change much. Don't really give self proclaimed feminists or entitled princesses the time of day anymore, except for maybe one night if the sexual vibe is there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships