Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2015, 08:59 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I was referring quite clearly to the guys on this forum who have created entire threads around the fact that they can't get a 2nd date, only first dates. It's a niche. Apparently. The OP was also addressing those guys. It wasn't a bad idea for an OP.
The OP was poorly written, as well as OP's follow ups, because it implies that it's a man's job to do X, Y, and Z on a date as opposed to "this is how anyone should act in a social situation" as per Mikala43's comment.

I think that's where there's a disconnect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 09:01 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
That's her experience. And it's pretty accurate.

Again, her experience.

I was referring quite clearly to the guys on this forum who have created entire threads around the fact that they can't get a 2nd date, only first dates. It's a niche. Apparently. The OP was also addressing those guys. It wasn't a bad idea for an OP.
1) And yet, every guy here will maintain otherwise. So we're left with 2 options: either a) OP is wrong, or b) we have to admit that not everyone around here is truly honest with themselves, which means that a WHOLE lot of garbage being spewed in other threads about their "experiences" is crap.

2) Again.

3) The OP wasn't "addressing" anybody. She was venting about not being catered to in a way she wanted. Those aforementioned "can't get a second date" threads pale by comparison to the first, to the point of almost uselessness.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:01 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
The OP was poorly written, as well as OP's follow ups, because it implies that it's a man's job to do X, Y, and Z on a date as opposed to "this is how anyone should act in a social situation" as per Mikala43's comment.

I wouldn't entirely disagree with that. I'd like to hear from the OP as to what she did to try to get the date on track. We don't even know what kind of date this was: a lunch or dinner date where they both sat awkwardly at the table in silence for the entire meal? Some kind of activity date, where there at least was a distraction? More info needed.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:

My responses have mostly been directed at Yiuppy, who hasn't indicated anything close to "it's both parties' responsibility". Some of the OP's followups involved some backpedaling, but not anything near the same level.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:04 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,628 times
Quote:
Yes, because the fact that I let one day slip after we slept together negates the fact that I took the girl on four dates and have initiated everything. Doesn't really speak to the fact that I didn't sleep with the previous two women before her. But yeah, you were saying...
Then youre trying with women who arent interested in you. If she feels secure in opening up to a man whos into her then she will. Like I said.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
My responses have mostly been directed at Yiuppy, who hasn't indicated anything close to "it's both parties' responsibility". Some of the OP's followups involved some backpedaling, but not anything near the same level.
Well, Yiuppy is a very special poster.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:05 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't entirely disagree with that. I'd like to hear from the OP as to what she did to try to get the date on track. We don't even know what kind of date this was: a lunch or dinner date where they both sat awkwardly at the table in silence for the entire meal? Some kind of activity date, where there at least was a distraction? More info needed.
As indicated, you won't get it. At least not accurately. Pretend that they did, in fact, sit in silence, for an awkward dinner. OP has 2 options:

1) Admit it, and look silly
2) Lie her face off, so that we may proclaim her the truly righteous member of the party.

Alternatively, maybe she really did try everything, but you can tell from the tone of the original post that this wasn't the case. At this point, it's all backpedaling.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Then youre trying with women who arent interested in you. If she feels secure in opening up to a man whos into her then she will. Like I said.
Oh, no, they're interested in me taking them out on dates and paying for them, sleeping with them in some instances. But they're not interested in stepping up to the plate and making any effort whatsoever to show they're interested in me by initiating anything. Essentially, I feel like I've been used in the last three dating scenarios.

Again, like I said before, people are selfish and will use you for their own self-interests.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:06 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
You havent read all my replies. Youre just bitter, hate women and are trolling. If any of your replies to me were based in truth or a sincere opinion then I would care.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:07 PM

On a loosely related note, the women that are up in arms about how men "should" behave on dates are the ones most susceptible to being "played" by the men who know how this behavior works, and simply don't care. Expect equality (in date mannerisms, not the "greater political level" equality, which is a larger topic), get equality. Expect one-sided behavior, and men will (temporarily) provide it to get laid, then drop you because you're not worth the long-haul effort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships