Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2015, 09:09 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31;
1) And yet, every guy here will maintain otherwise. So we're left with 2 options: either a) OP is wrong, or b) we have to admit that not everyone around here is truly honest with themselves, which means that a WHOLE lot of garbage being spewed in other threads about their "experiences" is crap.

2) Again.

3) The OP wasn't "addressing" anybody. She was venting about not being catered to in a way she wanted. Those aforementioned "can't get a second date" threads pale by comparison to the first, to the point of almost uselessness.
You wouldn't know what women's experience is. The advantage to participating on a co-ed forum is that you have a chance to find out. You have a window onto women's lives and how they think about their experience. As I recall, you're the guy who said he doesn't believe men walk away from women who approach them, walk away without speaking to them or giving themselves a chance to find out what the approach is about (for example--sex). Women don't make this stuff up. The 3rd option you left out is simply that you, and some of the other guys here, haven't witnessed what the poster has experienced. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Quoted below. The first bolded is a form of address. She's speaking directly to her target audience in her post. Using the second person form of the verb is = addressing one or more people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
I had a date this weekend that was probably the biggest dud of a date I've ever been on. Let me tell the men something that will help you get to the second date:

MAKE HER FEEL COMFORTABLE. Ask questions about her. Make an effort to put her at ease. Act interested.

Yes, you might be shy or horribly nervous. Maybe your social skills aren't that great. But a first date is the time to put these shortcomings aside and make an effort to make HER feel special. The more you get stuck in yourself, paralyzed by your insecurities, the less your date is going to feel welcome, safe, and wanted in your presence. She doesn't know that you're nervous - all she knows is that you seem uncomfortable and can't get out of your own head enough to focus on her needs.

Make it a point to practice selflessness on your next date. Think along the lines of, "How can I make this night great for HER? How can I show her that she is special to me?" THAT is the way to a woman's heart.

Simple, but you'd be surprised how many guys don't get this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 09:09 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
You havent read all my replies. Youre just bitter, hate women and are trolling. If any of your replies to me were based in truth or a sincere opinion then I would care.
They actually become more self-centered and entitled as the thread continues. It's like reading the slow descent of a mad(woman). Somehow, men can continue to get dates despite the insane demands of the entitled.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You wouldn't know what women's experience is. The advantage to participating on a co-ed forum is that you have a chance to find out. You have a window onto women's lives and how they think about their experience. As I recall, you're the guy who said he doesn't believe men walk away from women who approach them, walk away without speaking to them or giving themselves a chance to find out what the approach is about (for example--sex). Women don't make this stuff up. The 3rd option you left out is simply that you, and some of the other guys here, haven't witnessed what the poster has experienced. That doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Quoted below. The first bolded is a form of address. She's speaking directly to her target audience in her post.
Conversely, you wouldn't know the OP's experience as well, seeing as we're both strangers to her. You feel more empathic towards her because of your gender, but despite that, we both have an equivalent insight to the truthfulness of her experience.

However, they absolutely DO make these things up, just as men can and do.

Regarding the form of address; many a diatribe has been written with the proverbial "you" in mind, without needing an actual recipient. The OP is far more concerned with her own well being than assisting all those poor men here on CD that are having trouble with second dates. It is far more easily venting than advice of any kind.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:17 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Perhaps we should wait for the OP to elaborate before another 14 pages of speculation?

Or not.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-19-2015, 09:17 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,640,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
On a loosely related note, the women that are up in arms about how men "should" behave on dates are the ones most susceptible to being "played" by the men who know how this behavior works, and simply don't care. Expect equality (in date mannerisms, not the "greater political level" equality, which is a larger topic), get equality. Expect one-sided behavior, and men will (temporarily) provide it to get laid, then drop you because you're not worth the long-haul effort.
So you just assume women arent keen to men who play pretend in order to just have sex with us?

Old 01-19-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
So you just assume women arent keen to men who play pretend in order to just have sex with us?
There's no need to assume, let's just leave it at that. The suckers can be spotted a mile away, making statements like we see in this thread.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Perhaps we should wait for the OP to elaborate before another 14 pages of speculation?

Or not.
14 pages? You need to change your thread settings...I'm on page 4

Old 01-19-2015, 09:22 PM

Personally, if a guy were after sex, I would just prefer he be upfront. um...err.... theoretically.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Personally, if a guy were after sex, I would just prefer he be upfront. um...err.... theoretically.
Everyone would! But the teenage/college years are a bit of a "learning" period for us all. An older, wiser Hivemind doesn't have to resort to silliness like that anymore.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
14 pages? You need to change your thread settings...I'm on page 4
Seriously?!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships