Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 10:28 AM

943 posts, read 3,325,305 times

Advertisements

I met this very attractive man at an art gallery a little while ago and we went on our first date and everything was just great..I went home grinning from ear to ear , the guy is a total sweetheart and gentleman, funny, charming, very family oriented and is looking to settle down in the near future and last but not least the CHEMISTRY is off the meter. Now from what I've observed over the past few weeks, this guy is def seems like he's husband material.

Now the catch is that he's a musician and has a day job and is very driven but he doesn't have college education and 4 yrs younger (which blew my mind when I found out). I generally date professionals but looking back those guys didn't bring half of the characteristics that this guy brings, they just had nice resumes. Now I'm not a gold digger but at 26 I know I want a partner that can provide stability and take care of his family. Love doesn't pay the bills but money doesn't buy happiness.

Sigh....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 10:34 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,576,328 times
I say if you see potential with this guy, then go for it! They are hard to find. I`m sure the bills will get paid, you just won`t be able to go buy new clothes every month.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:35 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,604,359 times
A 22 year old kid without a college degree. You are looking to settle, right? This is only flattering you to deceive.

Well, I can bet on one year's paycheque he is not becoming another Steve Jobs.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:41 AM

42,831 posts, read 87,912,088 times
money doesn't buy happiness

I've always wondered which wealthy mastermind sold this hoax to the poor public and when.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:46 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,594,399 times
I think what matters here is: Is he a good person. I know plenty of people that make a lot of money but are jackasses to the core (male and female)-I think character is more important don't you?

Old 10-01-2010, 10:48 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,604,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

I've always wondered which wealthy mastermind sold this hoax to the poor public and when.
For sure. The number one reason relationships go haywire is finance. When the money dries out, disaster follows.

Money doesn't buy happiness reads well in the proverb book. And it makes the credit card users happy. Well, enjoy that debt, sheeple. Look at that new iThing over there, it's Christmas. Let's go max out on money we do not have LMAO. Maybe it does buy happiness

Old 10-01-2010, 10:49 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,302,425 times
Is he paying his bills now? You mention he is driven at work so that says alot about his work ethic. No one can predict what will happen in the future and as we've all seen with this economy, job security is rare.

When you get to the point of discussing a potential future together, I would let him know of my goals (personally and professionally) and see where his are. You need to have a plan for long after the "butterflies" are gone.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:50 AM

943 posts, read 3,325,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

LOL..I have a friend who's engaged to doctor who makes half a million a yr and she is not happy. She says she barely sees him, they barely have sex (he'd rather watch the news than have sex) and she's away from all of her family and friends so she's lonely. Her Louis Vuitton handbags do not keep her warm or make her laugh.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:50 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,789,722 times
I flunked college my first year and am rolling in money. I have friends with four year degrees on unemployment. College doesn't equte to anything but a piece of paper.

And you seriously want your husband to be a musician? He's either a closet homosexual who will later come out and ruin your family or he spends large amounts of time dreaming of having his own musical grouping of sorts. You'd be better off picking up an abusive alcoholic from the local biker bar and just getting it over with quicker.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:51 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,329,430 times
OP, I understand that you like him and feel the chemistry. My thing is his age. He seems so young still, for a guy to settle at 22, that's pretty rare.

In terms of finances, again, it's too early to tell! He is only 22. My aunt married a struggling musician, now they are swimming in money as he opened his own business.

Money cannot buy happieness, but it sure buys comfort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships