Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 02:03 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
That's still not an excuse to cheat. Yes that plays a part but no one MADE that person cheat, they made that choice all on their own.

There is also a marital "duty" to talk to your partner if something is wrong. Cheating is just a sign that the person was too much of a coward to say something. It's also a sign of greed thinking they can get their sexual needs met with someone else and still keep their marriage. That's just messed up. Either say something or leave.

Don't cheat.
Fortunately, Im a man of resolve and have the balls to voice my unhappiness. And of it can't be worked out, I also have the balls to leave the relationship.

It's only "not so easy" when you don't have the balls.

And whoever rep'd me, I have this to say to you.... Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 02:38 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
It's only "not so easy" when you don't have the balls.
And no children.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:54 PM

513 posts, read 897,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
so she cheated and YOU did all the work to fix it
she had NO consequences and really no reason NOT to do it again

basic rule...spouse cheats, YOU FILE FOR DIVORCE...doesn't mean you have to follow through but be prepared to...if cheater wants to fix it, THEY do all the work...the heavy lifting...if they don't then the D goes through...the cheater HAS to have serious consequences or they WILL DO IT AGAIN
I did not do all the work. i simply did my share of it and made sure to show her i still loved her. SHE came around when she realized what she nearly threw away. Filing for divorce is almost never the FIRST thing you should do. Sure if they kill your family, but short of that nearly everything else can be worked thru. Sorry but some folks like me believe in repairing something that breaks instead of tossing it aside like nothing, especially with kids involved. With that attitude you can never expect to be truly happily married.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:07 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesux View Post
I did not do all the work. i simply did my share of it and made sure to show her i still loved her. SHE came around when she realized what she nearly threw away. Filing for divorce is almost never the FIRST thing you should do. Sure if they kill your family, but short of that nearly everything else can be worked thru. Sorry but some folks like me believe in repairing something that breaks instead of tossing it aside like nothing, especially with kids involved. With that attitude you can never expect to be truly happily married.
Just don't throw your life away. I stayed 10 years past the "expiration," date. Sometimes, thankfully, things work out for the best. In my case things over the years, got much worse. Good luck to you and yours!!!!!

Old 04-19-2015, 11:05 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,381,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Just don't throw your life away. I stayed 10 years past the "expiration," date. Sometimes, thankfully, things work out for the best. In my case things over the years, got much worse. Good luck to you and yours!!!!!
That happened to a friend of mine. Her husband cheated. They went onto have two kids -- her ex-husband didn't want kids, but I think he agreed to it because he felt so guilty about the cheating. Ten years later, they divorced. Not really because of the affair -- she had forgiven him for that. But everything in the marriage that was truly bad and that caused an extreme emotional and physical disconnect between her and her ex-husband was never resolved. It couldn't be resolved, given their differences. They were one of those couples who should have never married in the first place.

Now both of them are much happier -- and their kids are much happier, too! Ironically, their (minor) children pressured them into getting divorced, if you can believe it.

Old 12-12-2015, 11:42 PM

161 posts, read 136,996 times
So you cheat just because you are able to??!

She probably already knows you're cheating and loves you enough to put up with it. However, eventually she's going to tire of it. It's not even about meeting someone else, it's about your girlfriend having her fill of you cheating; and dumping you without even looking back.

At that point you'll be looking at her and thinking, "If only I was able to have her back.."

If you were able to...

Old 12-13-2015, 01:29 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
There is really no point in staying with someone who would allow themsleves to take a realtionship with another so far that it would end up in that way.

there are other personal or incidental factors involved in the choice to reconcile or keep things "official"
This is where you will find all the offshoots and side steps that people talk about when trying to iterate how the topic can be "difficult" or not black and white.

Last edited by rego00123; 12-13-2015 at 01:42 AM..

Old 12-14-2015, 05:47 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,287 times
cheating is the CHEATERS fault...period
if you want to cheat, get divorce, break up, whatever...monogamy aint for you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships