Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 02:22 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
. And you seem to be making general assumptions about older men-younger women relationships based on your individual experiences with an older husband. Your experiences are not necessarily the norm. And you say an older guy has to work hard to stay young, energetic, in-shape, etc, so what does the younger girl have to do? Simply just be young?

Nope, never said that all a younger girl has to do is to be young. I said nothing of the kind. Might I remind you that it's you guys on this thread who are hung up on youth, not I, so you might want to ask yourself that question, Anthony.

I also never said that a man has to "work hard" to stay young. I said that if he's not prepared to keep up with a younger woman and to be adaptable to what is important to her (and part of that is, yes, staying reasonably active and fit. I think that's a fair request), then he should NOT marry a younger woman.

Third, I'm not making generalizations about younger women-older men at all. I've already said in this thread, as I have in other threads, that the significance of an age difference depends on the people involved. It might be irrelevant; then again it might not be. I'd still be willing to date a man about 10 years older. IF I were attracted to him and felt we were compatible (part of which means he's flexible, adaptable, and willing to compromise), then his age wouldn't bother me.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 01-24-2015 at 02:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 02:36 PM

4 posts, read 2,817 times
Betty ,age is not really a factor in your case ,at least to me .I would seem he is not too worried about you being able to keep up intellectually . Just realize who you are ,what you have to offer and don't worry so much .Men like a woman with confidence .Look at what you know you have not what you think you don't have .Good luck .

Old 01-24-2015, 02:57 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,430 times
well I'm a dude of a certain age and I have no idea why a man around 40 would be interested in an 18 yr old or even a 20 yr old

an 18 yr old is like a senior inhigh school or barely out of high school

its almost like trying to score with chicks you couldnt pull back when you were 18, but now that you got 20 yrs on em you might have accumulated a car, house etc some shiny object that you can dangle in their faces to entice em

age does matter, i'd say that between 18 and 25 you change alot, your mindset, your tastes etc

if my daughter was 18 and some 40yr old dude showed up trying to do things with my daughter we gonna have a serious problem, dude would be a "dirty old man" in my eyes

Old 01-24-2015, 05:21 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,317,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Nope, never said that all a younger girl has to do is to be young. I said nothing of the kind. Might I remind you that it's you guys on this thread who are hung up on youth, not I, so you might want to ask yourself that question, Anthony.

I also never said that a man has to "work hard" to stay young. I said that if he's not prepared to keep up with a younger woman and to be adaptable to what is important to her (and part of that is, yes, staying reasonably active and fit. I think that's a fair request), then he should NOT marry a younger woman.

Third, I'm not making generalizations about younger women-older men at all. I've already said in this thread, as I have in other threads, that the significance of an age difference depends on the people involved. It might be irrelevant; then again it might not be. I'd still be willing to date a man about 10 years older. IF I were attracted to him and felt we were compatible (part of which means he's flexible, adaptable, and willing to compromise), then his age wouldn't bother me.
"us guys on this thread?" All of us are identical, have the same opinions, outlooks, beliefs, etc? Come on!

And nice touch using my name in direct address; that let's me know you are serious -- in much the same way a teacher or parent uses a kid's first name to sound authoritative! Lol.

No, in all seriousness, people are as different as the stars in the sky. When you say 'you guys' or 'men', you can't really believe that all men are the same. Or that all guys are on one side of the net, and all the girls on the other.

And I don't get why an older guy has to necessarily do anything special in regards to romancing or dating or marrying a younger woman. I don't look at it as if the younger girl is worth more than the older guy or should be catered to particularly just because she's younger. I see two people as being equal. They should both respect each other equally. Many people believe a younger ( and presumably hot) female deserves to be placed on a pedestal and that her youth should afford her special privilege.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:56 AM

128 posts, read 183,483 times
As long as the two people are adults happy and in love age doesn't matter who are you to judge?

Old 01-26-2015, 08:19 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycupcakes View Post
As long as the two people are adults happy and in love age doesn't matter who are you to judge?
She went on internet forum get an opinion if she didnot want get judge she should never posted it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships