U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2015, 04:18 PM

30,877 posts, read 24,200,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

This is why I do not like FWB situations
same with me. OP and others, you can claim to be friends with benefits, but in reality all you are really doing is having your one night stands on a regular basis with one particular person. once one engages in sex in a relationship, it changes EVERYTHING. emotional attachments are made, regardless of the fact that some claim otherwise.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 05:40 PM

12,544 posts, read 11,913,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelle212 View Post
No commitment, no strings.
Right. He doesn't owe you anything.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:40 PM

783 posts, read 598,949 times
Quote:
No commitment, no strings. He was what I call a classy casual guy. We would go on dates sometimes, sit around for a few hours, sometimes even see each other multiple times a day. Neither of us were ready to commit so we agreed to be casual. I didn't pressure him, i supported him, and we just had fun when we were together. No confrontations.

We spend quite a bit of time together 2-3x a week. I was having fun.

I saw him last week, 2x in one day. We sat on the couch cuddling watching our favorite show together. He asked me to stay the night, I couldn't, and so I left. I gave him a kiss goodbye and told him that I would see him soon.

We dated for over a little two months like this.

As far as I know there was nothing wrong. Then he just uped and vanished on me. Ignored my text asking me to see, and never responded after that.

I'm sorry but that is totally lame. If you can lie in bed and look me in the eye, then you can tell me you don't want to see me anymore.

Now i'm stuck here wondering what the hell went wrong.

Why does this seem to be a new breakup technique. I am sorry, but I find it to be extremely cowardly and unacceptable.

I get that we were not in a relationship, but am I wrong to feel that I was entitled to a little respect and an explanation?
Well I would never do that for even casual relationships. I like to have closure at least.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:27 PM

3,749 posts, read 2,903,476 times
You're getting all bent because he hasnt answered you since yesterday? Barely one day?

You are far more involved than you know.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:29 PM

32,716 posts, read 22,656,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

This is why I do not like FWB situations

This was no a FWB. MAybe casual dating. Maybe FB. But not FWB.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:44 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,398,375 times
FB or fwb sounds stupid.OP go find a "real man" one that treats you right.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:09 PM

26,831 posts, read 57,830,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
OP go find a "real man" one that treats you right.
Or... someone enough of an adult to call when the sex is over.
Or at least until MrRight shows up.
Attached Thumbnails
My FWB just pulled the vanish act on me-waiting.jpg  

Old 01-21-2015, 07:13 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,398,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Or... someone enough of an adult to call when the sex is over.
Or at least until MrRight shows up.
Mmmmmm I'm the one with the wine bottle.At least my girls are with me until death.Lindsey looks good by the way.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:15 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,790,060 times
Quote:
No commitment, no strings. He was what I call a classy casual guy. We would go on dates sometimes, sit around for a few hours, sometimes even see each other multiple times a day. Neither of us were ready to commit so we agreed to be casual. I didn't pressure him, i supported him, and we just had fun when we were together. No confrontations.

We spend quite a bit of time together 2-3x a week. I was having fun.

I saw him last week, 2x in one day. We sat on the couch cuddling watching our favorite show together. He asked me to stay the night, I couldn't, and so I left. I gave him a kiss goodbye and told him that I would see him soon.

We dated for over a little two months like this.

As far as I know there was nothing wrong. Then he just uped and vanished on me. Ignored my text asking me to see, and never responded after that.

I'm sorry but that is totally lame. If you can lie in bed and look me in the eye, then you can tell me you don't want to see me anymore.

Now i'm stuck here wondering what the hell went wrong.

Why does this seem to be a new breakup technique. I am sorry, but I find it to be extremely cowardly and unacceptable.

I get that we were not in a relationship, but am I wrong to feel that I was entitled to a little respect and an explanation?
Lame? Your first sentence said no commitment no strings he owes you nothing, especially an explaination why he disappeared.

This is the exact reason that "Friends With Benefits" does NOT EXIST..........someone gets attached and expects things outside of the initial "no commitments, no strings" agreement.

You were a sex partner, nothing more, he owes you nothing.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:18 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,790,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Well I would never do that for even casual relationships. I like to have closure at least.

What part of sex only isn't anyone understanding? He owes her nothing, no closure, no phone call, no explaination, it is done, he is not responding, she should take the hint and leave the guy alone.

This is why there is no such thing as friends with benefits, it does not exist because most humans cannot handle not getting emotionally involved. Even though that is what they agreed to from the start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or