Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 12:35 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelle212 View Post
I get that we were not in a relationship, but am I wrong to feel that I was entitled to a little respect and an explanation?
It's funny, it always depends on what time of the day you post and who responds to your post.. Others are sifting through your post trying to find contradictions but then let you post this on a different day and this guy would be labeled all types of names.

Yes, although not "entitled" in every sense of the word, you deserve some type of courtesy. Just as it is common courtesy to wave goodbye and or open your mouth when somebody says hello, or even say thank you when given a plate of food at a local restaurant. It all comes down to common courtesy. Seeing each other for 3 Xs per week then to all of a sudden go dark is very strange. I wouldn’t simply write him off as bailing just yet, unless you know he is doing so purposely.

But still, as humans interacting with each other, it is shady of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 12:39 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
OP, I am w/ you 100% like I said before. I'm kind of disappointed in the responses saying it's okay. Even if you both mutually agreed it was just no strings attached fun, you are still a human being and as a human being the very least he could have done was shoot you a quick text he was no longer interested in seeing you. To me, that's just the decent courteous thing to do no matter what kind of relationship you are in whether it's booty call, friends with benefits, casual dating, whatever.

OP isn't pining for this guy, she wasn't planning their wedding hoping he would fall for her. She just thinks it sucks he couldn't even be bothered to answer her when he decided he didn't want to continue. I would be mad too, but it is what it is. Nothing you can do but move on.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Op, just move on
I had one night stand and the guy got gf a week later.
But I found other guys.
This has nothing to do with her situation. They had been seeing each other at least 3xs per week regardless of having the label of FWB, GF, BF or any other 3 letter word. It is difficult to give the proper advice when your situation has nothing to do with the OP's

Old 01-22-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
OP, I am w/ you 100% like I said before. I'm kind of disappointed in the responses saying it's okay. Even if you both mutually agreed it was just no strings attached fun, you are still a human being and as a human being the very least he could have done was shoot you a quick text he was no longer interested in seeing you. To me, that's just the decent courteous thing to do no matter what kind of relationship you are in whether it's booty call, friends with benefits, casual dating, whatever.
^^Bottom line. Common freaking courtesy.

Yes, many people do it. Heck I have even done it. But it's not cool and I openly admit that.

Old 01-22-2015, 01:49 PM

245 posts, read 219,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelle212 View Post
Ok first of all people who say i'm owed nothing I still do not agree.
You don't have to agree.

You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong you actually are... I think we have all spoken pretty loudly about it, it's your right, I guess to not agree with us

Old 01-22-2015, 02:23 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Sorry you don't agree.

That being said, a bit out courtesy is apt. However, it isn't an expectation.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:26 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Sorry you don't agree.

It should be an expectation. And that is what is wrong with the world these days.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Sorry you don't agree.

That being said, a bit of courtesy, while shouldn't be expected according to discourteous folk, is more common practice among courteous folk. This is especially when two individuals have been interacting for at least 3 X’s per week. It's a relationship, regardless of the 2 or 3 letter label. That is what we as humans employ, courtesy.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:36 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Also a main reason us guys completely cut contact all of a sudden is we don't want the emotional drama (or worse) women provide when breaking it off with them. Its the worst.
I will add to this: I just recently had a friend of the opposite sex who was just that: a friend, but he started being inappropriate to the point he wanted to hold my hand, and said he wished I would be his date to his birthday party.

I am married! He knows my husband!

I walked away and never contacted him again, won't answer his phone calls or texts, etc. I cut him off at the quick.

Is it possible you went too far (in his eyes) regarding your relationship?

Old 01-22-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
You weren't dating, and FWB aren't really "friends", per se.

He probably found someone he wants to be with exclusively, and he doesn't want his girlfriend to find out he had a FWB.
2 or 3 letter words doesn't exclude a person from being courteous especially after having spent at least 3 times a week with each other and hanging out. Call it what you want... It's not who we are as beings. Yes, I have done it and prolly will do it again to a lesser extent. Spending 3 times per week and cutting out without saying anything is a bit coward like. But deep down inside, I know and admit that it's not reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships