U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 02:39 PM

14 posts, read 16,186 times

Advertisements

No commitment, no strings. He was what I call a classy casual guy. We would go on dates sometimes, sit around for a few hours, sometimes even see each other multiple times a day. Neither of us were ready to commit so we agreed to be casual. I didn't pressure him, i supported him, and we just had fun when we were together. No confrontations.

We spend quite a bit of time together 2-3x a week. I was having fun.

I saw him last week, 2x in one day. We sat on the couch cuddling watching our favorite show together. He asked me to stay the night, I couldn't, and so I left. I gave him a kiss goodbye and told him that I would see him soon.

We dated for over a little two months like this.

As far as I know there was nothing wrong. Then he just uped and vanished on me. Ignored my text asking me to see, and never responded after that.

I'm sorry but that is totally lame. If you can lie in bed and look me in the eye, then you can tell me you don't want to see me anymore.

Now i'm stuck here wondering what the hell went wrong.

Why does this seem to be a new breakup technique. I am sorry, but I find it to be extremely cowardly and unacceptable.

I get that we were not in a relationship, but am I wrong to feel that I was entitled to a little respect and an explanation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 02:47 PM

3,749 posts, read 2,904,872 times
No, you're not entitled to respect and an explanation. You were FWB. You're talking like he was a boyfriend. He wasnt.

Likely he found a girlfriend.

15,871 posts, read 13,429,678 times
Are you sure you were actually "friends"?

356 posts, read 259,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelle212 View Post
No commitment, no strings. He was what I call a classy casual guy. We would go on dates sometimes, sit around for a few hours, sometimes even see each other multiple times a day. Neither of us were ready to commit so we agreed to be casual. I didn't pressure him, i supported him, and we just had fun when we were together. No confrontations.

I saw him last week, 2x in one day. We sat on the couch cuddling watching our favorite show together. He asked me to stay the night, I couldn't, and so I left. I gave him a kiss goodbye and told him that I would see him soon.

As far as I know there was nothing wrong. Then he just uped and vanished on me. Ignored my text asking me to see, and never responded after that.

I'm sorry but that is totally lame. If you can lie in bed and look me in the eye, then you can tell me you don't want to see me anymore.

Why does this seem to be a new breakup technique. I am sorry, but I find it to be extremely cowardly and unacceptable.

I get that we were not in a relationship, but am I wrong to feel that I was entitled to a little respect and an explanation?
Forget that guy and get with me ASAP

Old 01-21-2015, 02:52 PM

39,034 posts, read 37,675,762 times
Quote:

Were you friends first?

You call yourselves FWB, yet you use words like "dated" and "breakup." Doesn't make sense.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:52 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,854,149 times
OP:

This is why I do not like FWB situations

Old 01-21-2015, 03:00 PM

14 posts, read 16,186 times
well were both out of long term relationships. We did go on dates, we started off as dating with the possibility of long term. We mutually agreed to break that up because neither of us were ready for that. Somehow we got back together and continued to see each other with no labels or expectations. I was still dating other people but not sleeping with them, he claimed he wasn't, but who knows it really didn't matter to me.

FWB is still a type of relationship so of course when you stop seeing each other it is breaking up the relationship. Whatever type of relationship it was.

Of course I think i'm entitled to respect regardless of the situation. If you decide that you will not see someone anymore, they deserve to be told that, not left hanging.

Why is that only reserved for people who have labels.

We hung out and spent time together like other couples do, just without the label or expectations. I didn't want a label and neither did he. He wasn't the guy I wanted to spend my life with, but I am sorry I don't think it's ok to leave anyone hanging whatever the nature of their relationship.

If he met someone say so, or whatever other reason. I would have given him that courtesy.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:01 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,049,777 times
Quote:

OP, you contradict yourself here.

You dated, but you weren't in a relationship? Which is it? You were in a relationship? Or you werent?

You made a willing decision when you decided to sleep with him. You made a choice to allow someone inside of you without requiring a commitment.

And contrary to what you say, if he can lie in bed and look you in the eye and you have a FWB relationship, "no strings attached," as you describe, then he doesn't need to tell you that he doesn't want you anymore.

He owes you NOTHING... no explanation , no reasoning...no nothing.

Be a big girl and accept that you set yourself up for this. Hold yourself and the men you lie with to better standards.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:01 PM

16,227 posts, read 21,981,509 times
Move on!

Old 01-21-2015, 03:02 PM

26,847 posts, read 57,851,863 times
FWB = being friends before and exclusive of the sex.
And it is NOT dating ...even if you might do date like things together sometimes.
And it's not a romance or a "relationship".

The sounds like they found a Booty Buddy and needed to pretend
that there was more to it than that. Lesson learned.

More detail:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/262749422.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or