U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 03:39 PM

128 posts, read 150,454 times

Advertisements

I probably shouldn't have even created this thread I just needed to vent because this has been bothering me. I'll have to figure this out on my own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 04:25 PM

33,058 posts, read 26,870,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycupcakes View Post
He didn't tell me that specifically he wrote about it and I can tell that he's weird like I said I've known of him for years.
That fact that you can tell he is weird and you want to pursue a sexual relationship with this dude tells me that you need therapy, OP.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:28 PM

8,224 posts, read 6,552,131 times
You have to accept the fact you are no longer "friends" wih this man.
You gave him everything but your physical touch. This is not a friendship anymore.

You sound like you understand this isn't what you should be doing, but are far too personally invested to back away now. You may have to let your ego take a bruise on this one if you are to talk yourself out of doing something you do not feel is the right thing.

Do not let you desire to have something overshadow the truth of what is right in front of you.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:28 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,383,435 times
you're conflicted about whether you should get involved sexually with someone you met online who you say has a mental illness?

you live at home, are in your 20's and the dude is 40

does anything sound good about any of what i just repeated?

good luck!

Old 01-21-2015, 04:31 PM

Is it a problem that I still live at home in my 20's? I'm sure other people probably do as well I really don't think that's a real problem. Some women like younger men and some younger women like older men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
you're conflicted about whether you should get involved sexually with someone you met online who you say has a mental illness?

you live at home, are in your 20's and the dude is 40

does anything sound good about any of what i just repeated?

good luck!

Old 01-21-2015, 04:37 PM

I haven't been sexually involved with him so why aren't we still friends? I know people meet in real life other wise online dating wouldn't exist. Why do you think this is wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
You have to accept the fact you are no longer "friends" wih this man.
You gave him everything but your physical touch. This is not a friendship anymore.

You sound like you understand this isn't what you should be doing, but are far too personally invested to back away now. You may have to let your ego take a bruise on this one if you are to talk yourself out of doing something you do not feel is the right thing.

Do not let you desire to have something overshadow the truth of what is right in front of you.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:39 PM

Why do I need therapy? People who are mentally ill can't have sexual relationships?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
That fact that you can tell he is weird and you want to pursue a sexual relationship with this dude tells me that you need therapy, OP.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:39 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,854,149 times
Quote:
Is it a problem that I still live at home in my 20's? I'm sure other people probably do as well I really don't think that's a real problem. Some women like younger men and some younger women like older men.
OP:

You are not getting it.

He is mentally unstable.

Regardless of whether or not some women like younger men and some young women like older men, he is mentally unstable, and you are emotionally involved with him.

That is a red flag.

You are not getting it.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:40 PM

33,058 posts, read 26,870,396 times
Quote:
But... you are purposely seeking out a sexual relationship (with no sort of romantic involvement) with a man who is older than you AND has a mental illness.

It sounds like a textbook case of something unpleasant, honestly.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:41 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,854,149 times
Quote:
Why do I need therapy? People who are mentally ill can't have sexual relationships?
OP:

It would highly benefit you to speak to a therapist about your entire original post as well as all of your replies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or