U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 04:43 PM

917 posts, read 969,269 times

Advertisements

People catfish people all the time so dont rush into anything. Have you skyped with him or anything to see how he physically he looks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 04:43 PM

33,064 posts, read 26,880,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycupcakes View Post
Why do I need therapy? People who are mentally ill can't have sexual relationships?
No... they can. But, you're actively seeking to be sexually involved with a man who is mentally ill and older than you and you've stated that you have no desire to date him, so it's not like you're in love with the guy.

Absent some serious emotional attachment, why on earth would anyone risk getting into a kinky sexual thing with a man who has a mental problem?

You live at home and seem to be a bit scared of being out on your own, and your screen name suggests a childlike thought process.

Serious question (don't answer it, but I have to say it)...

Were you molested as a child/young adult?

Because that might explain some of this odd behavior and your leanings toward this highly unconventional relationship idea.

Like I said, don't answer my question because it's really your business, but I do want you to think about what made you want to get tangled up in this mess.

And get help.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:56 PM

128 posts, read 150,497 times
I do have feelings for him I'm not using him for a sexual relationship I genuinely like him. Otherwise I wouldn't be talking to him for this long. I have had several conversations with him and it hasn't been all about sex either. I do like him but I feel that being in a romantic relationship with him would be too much for me to deal with. This is why I said I didn't want to be in a relationship with him it's not a kinky sexual thing. The reason why I said I wouldn't want to live alone is because I've been told that living alone is unsafe for example if I were to get chocked who would be there to help? What's wrong with my sceenname? I like Candy and Cupcakes it has nothing to do with my personality. No I wasn't molested as a child I had a good childhood both parents in my household I was cared for and loved nothing tragic as happened to me. I've known for awhile now that this guy has mental issues he said people always made fun of him and I just wanted to be nice to him. I felt like maybe he and I could be friends that was all. I don't think I need help what's wrong with being nice to someone who's different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
No... they can. But, you're actively seeking to be sexually involved with a man who is mentally ill and older than you and you've stated that you have no desire to date him, so it's not like you're in love with the guy.

Absent some serious emotional attachment, why on earth would anyone risk getting into a kinky sexual thing with a man who has a mental problem?

You live at home and seem to be a bit scared of being out on your own, and your screen name suggests a childlike thought process.

Serious question (don't answer it, but I have to say it)...

Were you molested as a child/young adult?

Because that might explain some of this odd behavior and your leanings toward this highly unconventional relationship idea.

Like I said, don't answer my question because it's really your business, but I do want you to think about what made you want to get tangled up in this mess.

And get help.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:26 PM

Why is it a big deal about me living at home?

Old 01-21-2015, 05:34 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,854,941 times
Quote:
Why is it a big deal about me living at home?
You want your own life.

The posters who replied feel that you should move out if you want your own life.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:43 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,143,055 times
Quote:
I've been talking to this guy online since May he's in his 40's and I'm in my late 20's in a few months he and I live in different states. We've talked a lot but we are not in a relationship. He has mental issues and he spends a lot of time alone. I told him that I wanted to explore and try new things with him sexually. He called me a couple of times last night but I missed the call. He sent me a text letting me know who he was. I don't want to be in a relationship with him. I really wish he and I lived closer I think I would enjoy his company. I just don't know what to think I know I'm still really young. I know most people say older men only like younger women for sex etc. I guess I'm feeling conflicted I still live at home with my parents. I would like to meet him in person but I'm not sure what would end up happening. I suppose that people can have sexual encounters without any feelings developing. I'm hoping to move out in a couple of years by then I'll be in my early 30's. Maybe I am just over thinking this and should just forget about it. I know long distance relationships do not work out at all I don't even want to be in a long distance relationship honestly. I would rather just remain friends and then move closer but moving requires a lot of work and planning, money etc.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
This guy is bad news.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:00 PM

He's bad news because he has mental issues?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
This guy is bad news.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:18 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,143,055 times
Quote:
Somewhat, Why he would even contract you when you live another state?

Old 01-21-2015, 06:20 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,854,941 times
Quote:
OP:

You seem intent on getting involved with an older guy whom you have not met face to face.

Have not spoken to face to face.

Have not done anything together outside the internet.

An older guy who has mental issues.

I get the feeling that no-one will talk you out of this.

If you are so determined to get involved with him, then have at it.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:20 PM

4,112 posts, read 3,450,347 times
This is like the opening scene of the latest serial killer movie. Run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or