U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 08:40 PM

128 posts, read 150,396 times

Advertisements

Yes I was in a 9 year relationship and yes I was a teenager. Is that a problem I don't see what that has to do with anything? I don't have any mental issues It's you all that aren't acknowledging the things I say. Instead you over look it and just give your opinions ignoring anything I have said. You asked me if I had brain damage because I talk to someone who live in another state. How does that make me have brain injury? I don't see how that was necessary people talk online with people in different countries that's not a problem. I don't know where you come from but maybe where you are from it is.

I'm repetitive? Yet you've stated several times that you think I have brain injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You seem to have problems answering simple questions and a lack of understanding of basic human interaction. The tone of your posts and repetitive nature of your answers made me wonder if you were developmentally delayed, OK?? Your posts don't make you sound very smart. Sorry. I'm honestly not trying to insult you. I'm trying to figure out what your deal is.

If you were in a 9-year relationship and you're 27, you were a teenager when you started, and it kind of sounds like you stayed that age emotionally.

People have given you very good reasons that this "thing" with this guy is a bad idea. Heed them or not. It's your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 08:45 PM

39,021 posts, read 37,656,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycupcakes View Post
Yes I was in a 9 year relationship and yes I was a teenager. Is that a problem I don't see what that has to do with anything? I don't have any mental issues I have answered all of these questions. It's you all that aren't acknowledging the things I say. Instead you over look it and just give your opinions ignoring anything I have said. You asked me if I had brain damage because I talk to someone who lives in another state. How does that make me have brain injury? I don't see how that was necessary people talk online with people in different countries that's not a problem. I don't know where you come from but maybe where you are from it is.

I'm repetitive? Yet you've stated several times that you think I have brain injury.
Oh, nevermind.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:48 PM

Everyone has completely looked over everything I said and did not acknowledge my responses instead just give out opinions nothing positive what so ever.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:57 PM

39,021 posts, read 37,656,456 times
Quote:
I've been talking to this guy online since May he's in his 40's and I'm in my late 20's in a few months he and I live in different states. We've talked a lot but we are not in a relationship. He has mental issues and he spends a lot of time alone. I told him that I wanted to explore and try new things with him sexually. He called me a couple of times last night but I missed the call. He sent me a text letting me know who he was. I don't want to be in a relationship with him. I really wish he and I lived closer I think I would enjoy his company. I just don't know what to think I know I'm still really young. I know most people say older men only like younger women for sex etc. I guess I'm feeling conflicted I still live at home with my parents. I would like to meet him in person but I'm not sure what would end up happening. I suppose that people can have sexual encounters without any feelings developing. I'm hoping to move out in a couple of years by then I'll be in my early 30's. Maybe I am just over thinking this and should just forget about it. I know long distance relationships do not work out at all I don't even want to be in a long distance relationship honestly. I would rather just remain friends and then move closer but moving requires a lot of work and planning, money etc.
Quote:
I do have a job but I really wouldn't feel comfortable living alone.
Quote:
He's not 20 years older than me 12 or 13 years older and yes he does have mental issues. My ex of 9 years did too and just because I want to explore new things with him sexually does not mean I want to be more than friends. I'll admit that I went off the deep in telling him about my fantasies I should have kept it to myself.
All of the things in bold are reasons this is a bad idea.

If it's not obvious to you, then I cannot offer anything else.

No one has said anything positive because it is NOT a positive situation.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:27 PM

I replied to everything that is posted in bold.

1. We live in different states so that means he and I can't be friends? People talk to and become friends with people online all he time.

2. He's older than me and? Why is that a problem? I've read threads on here where people talk about dating older men or younger men. I know sometimes age is an issue but If I'm only friends with him what is the problem? If anything it's good to be friends with people who are older than you. You learn things from older people but I guess that doesn't make sense right?

3. Ok he has mental issues does that mean he's not worth being cared about? Have none of you ever had relatives or loved ones who have mental issues? I guess because a person is different that means they aren't worth being cared about.

4. Yes I said I didn't want to be in a relationship with him is that a problem? If so why? Can't men and women be friends and not be in a romantic relationship?

5. Long distance relationships are difficult but as I said we are not in a relationship I guess that was overlooked too right?

6. Yes I would like to move closer to him in the near future and the problem with that is?

7. Did you not read what I said about living alone? Have you never read an article about someone living alone and having issues. I even gave an example as to why I wouldn't. If I were to get chocked who would be there to assist me or call 911? That doesn't make much sense either though does it?

8. Yes moving does cost money that doesn't mean it's impossible

I just think you people like to be negative you seem to think just because a person has mental issues they should be treated badly. I'd hate for any of your children or someone you love dearly to ever have a mental illness.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:31 PM

379 posts, read 312,379 times
Default Your 'V' and His 'D'

Quote:
I replied to everything that is posted in bold.

1. We live in different states so that means he and I can't be friends? People talk to and become friends with people online all he time.

2. He's older than me and? Why is that a problem? I've read threads on here where people talk about dating older men or younger men. I know sometimes age is an issue but If I'm only friends with him what is the problem? If anything it's good to be friends with people who are older than you. You learn things from older people but I guess that doesn't make sense right?

3. Ok he has mental issues does that mean he's not worth being cared about? Have none of you ever had relatives or loved ones who have mental issues? I guess because a person is different that means they aren't worth being cared about.

4. Yes I said I didn't want to be in a relationship with him is that a problem? If so why? Can't men and women be friends and not be in a romantic relationship?

5. Long distance relationships are difficult but as I said we are not in a relationship I guess that was overlooked too right?

6. Yes I would like to move closer to him in the near future and the problem with that is?

7. Did you no read what I said about living alone? Have you never read an article about someone living alone and having issues. I even gave an example as to why I wouldn't. If I were to get chocked who would be there to assist me or call 911? That doesn't make much sense either though does it?

8. Yes moving does cost money that doesn't mean it's impossible

I just think you people like to be negative you seem to think just because a person has mental issues they should be treated badly. I'd hate for any of your children or someone you love dearly o ever have a mental illness.
Stop listening to what people said your business and intention here. It is your vagina and his d*ck. You both are grown-up adults. Look him up and hook him up: enjoy your time together.

Walk about from this forum and hunt him down and get down!

Old 01-22-2015, 01:10 PM

6 posts, read 3,833 times
Perhaps you are an experiential learner. I pursued the same kind of relationship once... very controversial in nature. My attempt was ill-fated, but it was truly the only way I could prove to myself that it was not going to work. Maybe you have to do the same thing to figure things out with this potential relationship. It probably won't be worth the risk, but do what you have to do to see if it works...and if not..then you can move on to the next thing. You might get stuck in the process; you'll have to keep yourself in check. Difficult relationships should always be heeded with caution. You definitely have your mind set on it...so go and see.

Old 01-22-2015, 01:18 PM

Did you read the part where I said I didn't want to be in a relationship with the guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady daydream View Post
Perhaps you are an experiential learner. I pursued the same kind of relationship once... very controversial in nature. My attempt was ill-fated, but it was truly the only way I could prove to myself that it was not going to work. Maybe you have to do the same thing to figure things out with this potential relationship. It probably won't be worth the risk, but do what you have to do to see if it works...and if not..then you can move on to the next thing. You might get stuck in the process; you'll have to keep yourself in check. Difficult relationships should always be heeded with caution. You definitely have your mind set on it...so go and see.

Old 01-22-2015, 01:57 PM

6 posts, read 3,833 times
Sorry for using the forbidden word, lol . In the sense that there is mutual communication and interaction between you two, what you have is some form of a human relationship. So hopefully my original message makes more sense to you now.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:05 PM

Lol honestly I am just looking to have some fun with him I don't want anything long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady daydream View Post
Sorry for using the forbidden word, lol . In the sense that there is mutual communication and interaction between you two, what you have is some form of a human relationship. So hopefully my original message makes more sense to you now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or