Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 09:03 PM

324 posts, read 427,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsdap View Post
Having sex with someone once after the first date is hardly entertaining a relationship, or anything further for that matter.
Would that count you out for anything further as well?

Old 01-21-2015, 09:04 PM

79 posts, read 64,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by introspectguy View Post
Would that count you out for anything further as well?
Not sure I understand your phrasing. Her sleeping with me night one has no bearing on me not seeing her again. It was her annoying entitlement and princess attitude.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:05 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
Quote:
She brought it up. She literally said " I am traditional" which I know is almost always BS so I asked her to clarify and she explained the $$$ and shopping. Then we covered cooking which she doesn't know how at all.

Which is sad.

I'm a single dude and cook 3/4 times a week, take leftovers to work etc. Much healthier that way.
Saves money too.

Honestly, I wouldn't waste too much time thinking about this... unless you keep running into this kind of woman over and over again. In which case, you have to ask yourself: is it bad luck or am I somehow drawing in this type that I don't like? Trust me, I've been asking the same thing about the men I've been dating recently.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Saves money too.

Honestly, I wouldn't waste too much time thinking about this... unless you keep running into this kind of woman over and over again. In which case, you have to ask yourself: is it bad luck or am I somehow drawing in this type that I don't like? Trust me, I've been asking the same thing about the men I've been dating recently.
True but come on guys. I'm not on the internet for therapy. I'm here to kill some time with discussion.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:09 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Yes. We know. Men do it too. Go away now please, you are contributing nothing here.
So are you seeing the chick still?

Old 01-21-2015, 09:19 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,830,784 times
Quote:
Thanks. Not lookin for advice. Curious if anyone else had ssimilar experiences with women using this comical line.
Well, I haven't seen anyone jump in to say that they've had similar experiences with women using this comical line. But the thread is still young. Don't worry, I feel confident that another male will soon appear with whom you can swap horror stories.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Well, I haven't seen anyone jump in to say that they've had similar experiences with women using this comical line. But the thread is still young. Don't worry, I feel confident that another male will soon appear with whom you can swap horror stories.
Thanks, its very comforting to hear that.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:24 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
She brought it up. She literally said " I am traditional" which I know is almost always BS so I asked her to clarify and she explained the $$$ and shopping. Then we covered cooking which she doesn't know how at all.

Which is sad.

I'm a single dude and cook 3/4 times a week, take leftovers to work etc. Much healthier that way.
Mod cut.

At any rate, if she made it sound as if she'd never cook (or fill in any typical traditional role), I'd question how traditional she is as well.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-22-2015 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:30 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
Quote:
Thanks. Not lookin for advice. Curious if anyone else had ssimilar experiences with women using this comical line.
Sorry, can't help then. I have run into a few men who use this line. It generally means they are politically conservative. It doesn't seem to line up with expected gender roles. In either case, doesn't sound like this women is the least bit traditional to me from what you've said.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Sorry, can't help then. I have run into a few men who use this line. It generally means they are politically conservative. It doesn't seem to line up with expected gender roles. In either case, doesn't sound like this women is the least bit traditional to me from what you've said.
She wasn't. It's just a lline she used to try and justify getting perks she believes "traditional" women of old got
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships