U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 09:47 PM

336 posts, read 339,110 times

Advertisements

Ok, so I am a little frustrated with my situation and I am tired of every girl that I seem to date or that I am interested in does these things. I am going to put what they do, and then my reaction. I am hoping that I can get some good advice from guys on what to do or how to handle these situations that annoy me. Maybe there is just a better way, Idk.

Situation 1: The woman acts like she is ALL THAT(even when its obvious that she is not).

This really and I mean really aggravates me. I actually lowered my standards because I was tired of going out with women that were high maintenance. Now, it seems that every woman that I seem to meet thinks that they are a 10. I mean, I am not trying to be mean, but I date a 6 or a 7 because I want a 6 or a 7, not a 10.

My reaction: When a woman does this, I will say something such as she is "ok" or alright and that I have dated hotter women. I will try in some nice way to let her know that she is not all that. I feel like they do that to either try to impress me(not needed if we are on a date already) or they are just doing it to lower my value and raise theirs at my expense, which is not cool.

Situation 2: They complain...about EVERYTHING!

Ok this has happened to me and to others. While eating out, I have been sat by four couples over the past two weeks. The woman griped, complained and gossiped about everyone she did not like or who made her mad while the guy feigned interest. I actually for sorry for the guys.

My reactions: If this happens, I try to change the subject because I don't want to hear this unless we are serious. I am not your therapist. If it gets too bad, I will excuse myself and walk out.

Situation 3: They are always and I mean ALWAYS right.

Another issue that I can't stand is when a woman always have to be right. The last girl that I was talking to actually told me this verbatim. It's annoying because there is not one person in this world that is right 100% of the time.

My reaction: The only thing that I can do is just leave. Sometimes, I ask if they are God as he/she is the only one that can be right lol. I can't make someone see my side. I have won before but by the time it was said and done, we were both emotionally exhausted. I don't like this either and will just excuse myself.

I do have a girl that I am talking to now, she does the 1st and 3rd situation, but that's it. Still, we were good, but it moved too fast, she has a bf I found out that's long distance that she is in the middle of breaking of with and we talked and cleared that up. A day later, we had barely spoken and her friend texted me and asked for me to back off and said that I was bugging her. I got aggravated because I hadn't done anything. So I call the friend and he tells me that she thinks that I am bugging her and I told him that she is a grown adult and she can tell me herself. When I finally do talk to her, she told me it was a misunderstanding and apologized and then implied that what the friend did was of his own volition. I was very annoyed with her. The next day, I put on fb that I was in heaven and she said that was not possible because she was not there(3rd situation). I told her exactly! She told me that she felt awkward afterwards(i guess I hurt her feelings). Now instead of texting, we are back to fb communication and I feel like the relationship is going backwards instead of forwards. Apart from these situations, guys, how do you handle this? I feel bad if I hurt her feelings. I just feel like if I don't get a handle on this, that I will be single forever as I am already out of college now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 09:49 PM

9,010 posts, read 14,224,428 times
You need to find some different women!

Old 01-22-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
You need to find some different women!
Maybe it is this area, though I hate to say that because that's generalizing and I don't think that all women are this way, just the ones that I meet. I have tried everything from online dating, to meeting girls through friends, none of it works.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:56 PM

72,873 posts, read 64,340,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
Situation 1: The woman acts like she is ALL THAT(even when its obvious that she is not).
Do not date this type. At all. Not even a first date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia;
Situation 2: They complain...about EVERYTHING!
You have a good strategy; try to change the subject, so you can at least get through the date without going crazy, then never speak to her again. Steer clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia;
Situation 3: They are always and I mean ALWAYS right.
Same as situation 2: do whatever you have to do to get through the date with your sanity intact, then bail, and don't look back.

In the future: be more selective about who you invite on a date. Try to get to know them to some extent first. Keep an eye out for those red flags. Try to meet women through shared activities, so you have a chance to scope them out before you decide if you want to date them. If you've been going for a certain type, appearance-wise, try a different type. As you're finding out, personality is at least as important as looks, if not more so. You have to be able to get through a date with them, at the very least, for god's sake.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:58 PM

1,024 posts, read 817,706 times
If you're truly keen on avoiding all of that, celibacy or homosexuality are pretty much your only options.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:02 PM

11,780 posts, read 8,220,405 times
1. Won't happen if you insult them the right way. When you run your game you have to get them to know that you are the badass and they are just along for the ride. Maybe they sense a lack of confidence or perhaps they think they aren't good enough for you.
2. Women are catty. Change topic or ignore, you aren't there to be their friend, therapist, etc.
3. This is rare. I've only encountered this once.

Something is up if all the women you meet fall into categories 1, 2, 3 or some combo thereof.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Do not date this type. At all. Not even a first date.
You have a good strategy; try to change the subject, so you can at least get through the date without going crazy, then never speak to her again. Steer clear.
Same as situation 2: do whatever you have to do to get through the date with your sanity intact, then bail, and don't look back.

In the future: be more selective about who you invite on a date. Try to get to know them to some extent first. Keep an eye out for those red flags. Try to meet women through shared activities, so you have a chance to scope them out before you decide if you want to date them. If you've been going for a certain type, appearance-wise, try a different type. As you're finding out, personality is at least as important as looks, if not more so. You have to be able to get through a date with them, at the very least, for god's sake.
Thank you Ruth. I will try to be more selective. You are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
If you're truly keen on avoiding all of that, celibacy or homosexuality are pretty much your only options.
I hope you are wrong

Old 01-22-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
1. Won't happen if you insult them the right way. When you run your game you have to get them to know that you are the badass and they are just along for the ride. Maybe they sense a lack of confidence or perhaps they think they aren't good enough for you.
2. Women are catty. Change topic or ignore, you aren't there to be their friend, therapist, etc.
3. This is rare. I've only encountered this once.

Something is up if all the women you meet fall into categories 1, 2, 3 or some combo thereof.
Bingo. I think that you are onto something here. I think its a mix of lack of confidence on their part and maybe them thinking that they are not good enough for me. I am hispanic and they are caucasian if that means anything. Btw, how do I get them to think or know that I am the "badass" and they are just along for the ride? I have a friend that has a girlfriend that is crazy about him. I can never get a girl to act that way about me.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:26 PM

11,780 posts, read 8,220,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
Bingo. I think that you are onto something here. I think its a mix of lack of confidence on their part and maybe them thinking that they are not good enough for me. I am hispanic and they are caucasian if that means anything. Btw, how do I get them to think or know that I am the "badass" and they are just along for the ride? I have a friend that has a girlfriend that is crazy about him. I can never get a girl to act that way about me.
I don't know man. I chalk that up to game and that's not something you can really explain on the web. There are just too many subtle details. What works for me is having a "I don't give a ****" attitude, but my friend takes a completely different approach and gets mad results.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:32 PM

9,729 posts, read 5,647,958 times
I avoid these types of women like the bubonic plague.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or