U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 11:55 PM

620 posts, read 444,730 times

Advertisements

So why do gay men have to be perfect to get any sort of attention from other gay dudes, but lesbian and heterosexual relationships have more leniency?
Checklist: dress perfectly, be rippling in muscles, have a big package. Gahhhhh. Do any other gay guys agree this hype is annoying? It's a prerequisite for almost every encounter. I think a reason a lot of gay men are so bitter is due to repeated rejection and being crushed by other gay men who can't seem to put any sort of investment into more than casual sex. All dick, no heart.
The only places outside of bars to meet other dudes are dumb apps like grindr and scruff… to hook up.
Does anyone know of resources to meet other dudes that are more dating or relationship oriented?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 09:33 AM

1,668 posts, read 2,249,815 times
"Rainbow dating" isnt any different than dating in general, and rejection is a part of that. Even the so called "perfect men" are rejected because they aren't every gay guys definition of perfection.

As you get older, dating will become much easier.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:37 AM

1,668 posts, read 2,249,815 times
As for where to meet men other than the apps and the bars. It depend on where you live really.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:52 AM

5,121 posts, read 5,286,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
As for where to meet men other than the apps and the bars. It depend on where you live really.
Check out Meetup.com Groups. In my area there are tons of them (and there are ones specifically for gay people... like gay runners clubs, gay book clubs, etc.) I am not saying date men you meet on those sites, but it can expand your social circle so you meet more people in general (and meet more men to date).

Old 01-23-2015, 01:17 PM

13,349 posts, read 7,115,490 times
Apparently, whether guys are dating women or other men, they still can be really visual and pretty shallow! Yes, this is what it's like to be a woman - guys want to date someone at least 10 years younger than they are and preferably a couple or three points higher than them on a scale from 1-10.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:57 AM

68 posts, read 65,054 times
I wholeheartedly disagree with this. Gay men are not a single entity with uniform aspects. That is the same as me calling all straight dating shallow, its absurd. You may have met more shallow gay men, but maybe you should consider making some changes to that. If you go to a club, or use grindr, then yes, you will find a lot of shallow gay men. But there are many of us out there who are not shallow, who have met awesome people for who they are and have settled into amazing relationships. Please don't let gay be a curse, in that you are doomed to never experience a loving relationship until you're 50 or something. Try using online dating sites, asking friends of friends or even going to community events that tend to attract gay men. I found my fiance online, and believe it or not our 4 year anniversary is around the corner and my life has changed in every single way. Also, it doesn't matter how you look. I am attractive, or so i'd like to believe, and yet I have met many men who I wouldn't call "super hot" but had tremendous charisma and confidence that people gravitated towards them. Meet people for who they are and not what they look like and you will see a world of different gay people who don't fit the stereotypes.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:27 AM

245 posts, read 162,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
"Rainbow dating" isnt any different than dating in general, and rejection is a part of that. Even the so called "perfect men" are rejected because they aren't every gay guys definition of perfection.

As you get older, dating will become much easier.
THIS...

Not being gay, I guess I have no idea, but it sure sounds to me just like normal dating, lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships