U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 03:52 AM

33,688 posts, read 51,962,169 times

Advertisements

What kind of LIFE CRISIS can someone possibly have at age 25??? And who cares what others do? Do you feel compelled to keep up with the Joneses in every aspect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 06:25 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,393,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
What kind of LIFE CRISIS can someone possibly have at age 25??? And who cares what others do? Do you feel compelled to keep up with the Joneses in every aspect?
unfortunately, this is how so many go about life. Its always about "keeping" up with the joneses or at least wanting the appearance

Old 01-29-2015, 07:41 AM

2,181 posts, read 2,042,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You for real? 25 is a hard age. Youth is quickly slipping away, all of a sudden marriage and children are a reality, you usually aren't in the profession you want to be or making the kind of money you want to be, most people are still in debt from school, your body starts changing (metabolism slows down, hair starts to fall out, etc). I could keep going but you get the point.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:04 AM

398 posts, read 531,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
You for real? 25 is a hard age. Youth is quickly slipping away, all of a sudden marriage and children are a reality, you usually aren't in the profession you want to be or making the kind of money you want to be, most people are still in debt from school, your body starts changing (metabolism slows down, hair starts to fall out, etc). I could keep going but you get the point.
Youth is def slipping away!!! Can I be in my 20's forever
25 is definitely a hard age.. even if I wasn't comparing myself to others or trying to "keep up", it's the age where I would say most people reflect and say "ok, can't really fool around anymore" or even think "was this how I imagined I would be at 25?"

Old 01-29-2015, 10:41 AM

2,073 posts, read 1,899,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Uni View Post
? Wtf, Your point? You really care so much and went thru the pages? Lmao. You must care about me.

I'm eating some sushi atm, spicy tuna and spider.
This took me like one minute to post so don't flatter yourself. I had responded to your post in the revenge thread and advised you to stop with your revenge plans because I knew it wouldn't make you feel better, and you ignored my post and those of others so you could continue living a high school fantasy.

Overall, when people post threads like these, then I feel the people who respond should know the whole story, which is why I link to previous posts. Like CapsChick said, you have growing up to do - and I'm actually younger than 25 and saying that...

Old 01-29-2015, 01:25 PM

72,985 posts, read 64,465,955 times
Quote:
What are you talking about? In what way are marriage and kids a reality to a 25-year-old? How is youth "slipping away"? You mean, suddenly one has to take on adult responsibilities, no more (supposedly) carefree life just going to school and hanging out with friends? That doesn't mean your youth is slipping away. You still have another good 10 years left of "youth", if not more. 25 is way too young for metabolic changes to start. Good grief! The things people find to fret about! Enjoy your 20's!

Old 01-29-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Uni View Post
Youth is def slipping away!!! Can I be in my 20's forever
25 is definitely a hard age.. even if I wasn't comparing myself to others or trying to "keep up", it's the age where I would say most people reflect and say "ok, can't really fool around anymore" or even think "was this how I imagined I would be at 25?"
It's all in your head, OP. Don't compare yourself to other people, and enjoy your life. Forget about marriage, get involved in some community activities or hobby groups, so you can meet people. Congrats on being solid in your career! That's a huge achievement!

Enjoy your independence. There is no crisis except the one you allow yourself to create in your mind. If you live in a conservative area, where it's all about marriage and babies, consider moving to a more liberal region, where it's normal to be single in your mid-20's, and no one bats an eye at that.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:34 PM

2,181 posts, read 2,042,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What are you talking about? In what way are marriage and kids a reality to a 25-year-old? How is youth "slipping away"? You mean, suddenly one has to take on adult responsibilities, no more (supposedly) carefree life just going to school and hanging out with friends? That doesn't mean your youth is slipping away. You still have another good 10 years left of "youth", if not more. 25 is way too young for metabolic changes to start. Good grief! The things people find to fret about! Enjoy your 20's!
lol, it's a mental thing really. 25 is a lot different then 22 or 23. A couple years from now the 25 yr old will be 28, which is way too close to the early 30's. People get married and have kids in their late 20's/early 30's. It's kind of a wake up call age. And lots of people metabolisms start changing in their mid-late 20's, and lots of guys start losing their hair in the second half of their 20's and into the early 30's. It's the beginning of the end, tis' very sad.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:41 PM

Quote:
lol, it's a mental thing really. 25 is a lot different then 22 or 23. A couple years from now the 25 yr old will be 28, which is way too close to the early 30's. People get married and have kids in their late 20's/early 30's. It's kind of a wake up call age. And lots of people metabolisms start changing in their mid-late 20's, and lots of guys start losing their hair in the second half of their 20's and into the early 30's. It's the beginning of the end, tis' very sad.
I guess for guys, the clock can start ticking very early--even at 18, hair-wise. I can see how that might be a little freaky. But don't jump ahead too much in your mind. You'll cheat yourself of the ability to be in-the-moment, and enjoy where you're at right now.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:42 PM

398 posts, read 531,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
This took me like one minute to post so don't flatter yourself. I had responded to your post in the revenge thread and advised you to stop with your revenge plans because I knew it wouldn't make you feel better, and you ignored my post and those of others so you could continue living a high school fantasy.

Overall, when people post threads like these, then I feel the people who respond should know the whole story, which is why I link to previous posts. Like CapsChick said, you have growing up to do - and I'm actually younger than 25 and saying that...
A minute but you still took the time and went out of your way. I am indeed very important because I don't remember you at all or your username lolol. So yes, pretty flattered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's all in your head, OP. Don't compare yourself to other people, and enjoy your life. Forget about marriage, get involved in some community activities or hobby groups, so you can meet people. Congrats on being solid in your career! That's a huge achievement!

Enjoy your independence. There is no crisis except the one you allow yourself to create in your mind. If you live in a conservative area, where it's all about marriage and babies, consider moving to a more liberal region, where it's normal to be single in your mid-20's, and no one bats an eye at that.
Hahaha thank you! I am very blessed in the career-aspect. I am ahead of the game with a very high-level position for my age so I am thankful for that. And I actually live far from a conservative area haha. You are right, I will take my time and enjoy life.. it's getting better by day.

Quote:
This is true. I'm going to be honest, when I turned 25 I noticed A LOT has changed about me (not talk physical changes) but my mentality on a lot of things compared to when I was 22-23. I can only imagine how I am once I turn 27-28.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships