Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2015, 11:42 AM

951 posts, read 1,135,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
You mean like women do all the time? Complaining about being single while refusing to take the initiative beyond "signs" and "signals."?
This thread partially proves why there's so many single people out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 11:54 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,090,283 times
Quote:
It makes perfect sense. As I've stated, in a perfect world, I'd like to start a family.

I've looked at going overseas as a possible way to mitigate some of the risks. I think finding a woman who is not poisoned by US entitlement culture, like most of the women here are, could be one way to do that.

Highly unlikely that I'd bring her here, I'd more than likely expatriate, so I could also avoid the man-hating court system here and the ridiculous and toxic state of gender affairs.
What are you waiting for? Why not move now if you hate it here and you hate the women here? Staying here doesn't really make sense if you are so miserable here.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:56 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,264,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_land View Post
Well, tough luck, shy guys. You either risk a blow to your ego or risk being alone (I repeat ALONE) for the rest of your lives or at least many, many years. My own brother is like this and he is in his early 30's and never had a girlfriend. One of my exes, who actually has a great personality once you get to know him, but he rarely makes any move because of fear. He was single for over ten years and finally found someone (a guaranteed bride from overseas!).

I used to be shy as well, but experiences have changed me a bit. My first relationship was with a guy who was very outgoing and I learned a few things from him. Life is too damn short to live in fear of rejection and getting the ego bruised. You know, that too shall pass...
easy to say for a gender that is not expected to initiate anything

Old 01-29-2015, 12:03 PM

376 posts, read 316,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
What are you waiting for? Why not move now if you hate it here and you hate the women here? Staying here doesn't really make sense if you are so miserable here.
Woah, woah, woah. You've jumped to an awful lot of conclusions there, let me correct them for you:

~I don't hate it here.
~I don't hate the women here, or anybody for that matter.
~I am not miserable.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Woah, woah, woah. You've jumped to an awful lot of conclusions there, let me correct them for you:

~I don't hate it here.
~I don't hate the women here, or anybody for that matter.
~I am not miserable.
Your posts would indicate otherwise but if you say so.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_land View Post
This thread partially proves why there's so many single people out there.
It sure does. The OP is bashing a man for being unwilling to do something that she herself is unwilling to do.

The entire thread has been largely a barrage of sexist double standards hurled at men who don't fit the super-extroverted alpha male role that OP apparently prefers.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Your posts would indicate otherwise but if you say so.
My posts indicate otherwise in your opinion, and it's wrong.

Why is that what it comes down to? You can't converse rationally with me, so you resort to "you're miserable and you hate women."

Old 01-29-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
My posts indicate otherwise in your opinion, and it's wrong.

Why is that what it comes down to? You can't converse rationally with me, so you resort to "you're miserable and you hate women."
Like I said - your posts are painting a different picture of yourself than the one that you are saying is accurate. And that's understandable. You know yourself better than anyone on here does. And there is a lot more to people than what they post. I don't think that I am the only one on here that has deduced that you are miserable and that you hate American women. You used the words "poisoned" and "entitlement" in one of your more recent posts. Can you blame people for thinking that you sound a bit averse to American women and in fact, America? You also keep harping on this supposed gender war and how gender relationship are abominable here. I don't know what else you like to do in your spare time. I don't know what your favorite food is. All I know is what I am reading from your posts. You also won't listen to any other opinions or facts other than those you have decided upon yourself - such as some men want to get married, some men are good at reading signals, etc.

I am fully capable of having a rational discourse with you - it just doesn't seem like we are getting anywhere.

If you aren't miserable and if you view women as fellow human beings and judge them on who they are instead of what genitalia they possess - then great!

Old 01-29-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Like I said - your posts are painting a different picture of yourself than the one that you are saying is accurate. And that's understandable. You know yourself better than anyone on here does. And there is a lot more to people than what they post. I don't think that I am the only one on here that has deduced that you are miserable and that you hate American women. You used the words "poisoned" and "entitlement" in one of your more recent posts. Can you blame people for thinking that you sound a bit averse to American women and in fact, America? You also keep harping on this supposed gender war and how gender relationship are abominable here. I don't know what else you like to do in your spare time. I don't know what your favorite food is. All I know is what I am reading from your posts. You also won't listen to any other opinions or facts other than those you have decided upon yourself - such as some men want to get married, some men are good at reading signals, etc.

I am fully capable of having a rational discourse with you - it just doesn't seem like we are getting anywhere.

If you aren't miserable and if you view women as fellow human beings and judge them on who they are instead of what genitalia they possess - then great!

Fair enough. Perhaps I haven't provided enough context. I've been all over the world and experienced many different cultures and the women thereof.

I do definitely believe the US and Americans (not just women) are inferior for many reasons, but that doesn't mean I "hate" any of same.

Let me tell you, worldwide, American (and really more broadly "Western") women are regarded as the bottom of the barrel: boorish, drunkards, promiscuous, unfeminine, entitled, self-centered, rude and the list goes on.

I simply agree with that assessment. Still doesn't mean I hate anyone.

And before you go down the road of, "oh, you just want a submissive, uneducated doormat and a domestic slave." Also untrue. Take Brazilian women, for example. A lot of highly-educated professionals, intelligent and successful women who manage to also be very feminine and know how to treat a man.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:34 PM

29,652 posts, read 34,150,999 times
You don't hate American women, but you think they're inferior, boorish, drunk, promiscuous, unfeminine, entitled, self-centered, and rude. Got it. Obviously it's completely different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships