U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2015, 01:37 PM

376 posts, read 235,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You don't hate American women, but you think they're inferior, boorish, drunk, promiscuous, unfeminine, entitled, self-centered, and rude. Got it. Obviously it's completely different.
That list is what I've heard from other people in my travels, or travails, if you will.

Like I said, I just happen to agree, and I agree from a first-hand perspective of a person who is US-born and seen the alternative. Still doesn't add up to hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 01:38 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,200,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
Fair enough. Perhaps I haven't provided enough context. I've been all over the world and experienced many different cultures and the women thereof.

I do definitely believe the US and Americans (not just women) are inferior for many reasons, but that doesn't mean I "hate" any of same.

Let me tell you, worldwide, American (and really more broadly "Western") women are regarded as the bottom of the barrel: boorish, drunkards, promiscuous, unfeminine, entitled, self-centered, rude and the list goes on.

I simply agree with that assessment. Still doesn't mean I hate anyone.

And before you go down the road of, "oh, you just want a submissive, uneducated doormat and a domestic slave." Also untrue. Take Brazilian women, for example. A lot of highly-educated professionals, intelligent and successful women who manage to also be very feminine and know how to treat a man.
I've been all over the world, too. I guess we haven't talked to the same people! And what, please do tell, is the opinion of American men worldwide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You don't hate American women, but you think they're inferior, boorish, drunk, promiscuous, unfeminine, entitled, self-centered, and rude. Got it. Obviously it's completely different.
Come on, fleetie, those are compliments!

Old 01-29-2015, 01:38 PM

9,753 posts, read 5,682,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
It sure does. The OP is bashing a man for being unwilling to do something that she herself is unwilling to do.

The entire thread has been largely a barrage of sexist double standards hurled at men who don't fit the super-extroverted alpha male role that OP apparently prefers.
I find it funny. If women love super outgoing men then why don't they date them? Shy guys usually do not care to be honest and don't even know the woman.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I find it funny. If women love super outgoing men then why don't they date them? Shy guys usually do not care to be honest and don't even know the woman.
If shy guys don't care - then they wouldn't care if they were 30 years old and have never kissed a woman - correct?

Like I said before - "shy guys" aren't only one type of guy. And shyness can be overcome. It's not a permanent condition.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
If shy guys don't care - then they wouldn't care if they were 30 years old and have never kissed a woman - correct?

Like I said before - "shy guys" aren't only one type of guy. And shyness can be overcome. It's not a permanent condition.
I said they usually don't care. Some do and some don't. Personally, If a woman doesn't like me because I'm shy, she's not worth it anyways. My point is that if women are gonna bash shy men for being themselves, why even try to date one?

Old 01-29-2015, 02:09 PM

545 posts, read 433,753 times
Truth is white americans are racist against all minorities, even other white minorities.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightDelivery View Post
Truth is white americans are racist against all minorities, even other white minorities.
That right there was racist.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:21 PM

2,181 posts, read 2,047,630 times
Quote:

I love (cool) asian people, for the record.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Where did that come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I said they usually don't care. Some do and some don't. Personally, If a woman doesn't like me because I'm shy, she's not worth it anyways. My point is that if women are gonna bash shy men for being themselves, why even try to date one?
I do agree with that. If you like someone, you can't fault them for being who they are - in terms of shyness. You can wish that they would make a move but you can't get mad at them for not doing so - anymore than they can get mad at you for not doing so.

I will say this though - and I've shared this before on here - but an example from my own life always comes to mind when I read threads on here. I was at a party one time and I was talking to these two guys. One of them was traditionally "hot" and the other one was probably average or so. Well, the average guy was really witty and funny - and I was actually more attracted to him than to the hot guy. But the hot guy made a move, so I left with the hot guy. Now, I was in an open relationship at the time so I wasn't looking for a relationship - so while I would have rather left with the average guy, I was okay leaving with the hot guy. Now, maybe the average guy was shyer or maybe he thought that he didn't have a chance against his hot friend - but I was more attracted to the average guy. But since the hot guy made a move - and I enjoyed talking with him as well - just not as much as the average guy - I left with the hot guy. If neither one of them had made a move - would I have made a move? I don't know and I'll never know. But just something to think about!

Old 01-29-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Where did that come from?

I do agree with that. If you like someone, you can't fault them for being who they are - in terms of shyness. You can wish that they would make a move but you can't get mad at them for not doing so - anymore than they can get mad at you for not doing so.

I will say this though - and I've shared this before on here - but an example from my own life always comes to mind when I read threads on here. I was at a party one time and I was talking to these two guys. One of them was traditionally "hot" and the other one was probably average or so. Well, the average guy was really witty and funny - and I was actually more attracted to him than to the hot guy. But the hot guy made a move, so I left with the hot guy. Now, I was in an open relationship at the time so I wasn't looking for a relationship - so while I would have rather left with the average guy, I was okay leaving with the hot guy. Now, maybe the average guy was shyer or maybe he thought that he didn't have a chance against his hot friend - but I was more attracted to the average guy. But since the hot guy made a move - and I enjoyed talking with him as well - just not as much as the average guy - I left with the hot guy. If neither one of them had made a move - would I have made a move? I don't know and I'll never know. But just something to think about!
Good to know. I personally don't like parties and I don't want to meet women there. I haven't approached a woman in 3 months, I don't like the party type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships