U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2015, 04:22 PM

788 posts, read 1,020,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Good to know. I personally don't like parties and I don't want to meet women there. I haven't approached a woman in 3 months, I don't like the party type.
She didn't state it was a loud, raucous party and simply attending a party doesn't imply that one who attends a party is a "party type." I don't particularly go for wild partying these days, but I attend my friend's annual St. Patty's Day party, which is anything but loud and obnoxious. She and her husband and most of their friends and family are quiet intellectual types and I've met some really nice people there. Don't be so quick to judge!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 05:18 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,108,653 times
Quote:
Good to know. I personally don't like parties and I don't want to meet women there. I haven't approached a woman in 3 months, I don't like the party type.
You don't like parties? All parties? How many people constitutes a party? If people ask you over, do you inquire as to how many people are going to be there and then decline if it's more than 3 or 4? What is the "party" type? If someone goes to a few parties a year - including birthday parties and dinner parties, does that make them the "party" type? I had some of my neighbors over for my birthday this year. There were 9 of us ranging from my age to 80 years old. Do you consider us the "party" type?

My point was that the "average" guy had a better shot at me than the "hot" guy did but he didn't take it.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:27 PM

9,709 posts, read 5,628,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
You don't like parties? All parties? How many people constitutes a party? If people ask you over, do you inquire as to how many people are going to be there and then decline if it's more than 3 or 4? What is the "party" type? If someone goes to a few parties a year - including birthday parties and dinner parties, does that make them the "party" type? I had some of my neighbors over for my birthday this year. There were 9 of us ranging from my age to 80 years old. Do you consider us the "party" type?

My point was that the "average" guy had a better shot at me than the "hot" guy did but he didn't take it.
I've been to parties before at my college. I was so bored at them that I told my friends it was not my scene. Unless it's a birthday party for a friend or family member, I won't attend one. I prefer staying and watching Netflix.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
She didn't state it was a loud, raucous party and simply attending a party doesn't imply that one who attends a party is a "party type." I don't particularly go for wild partying these days, but I attend my friend's annual St. Patty's Day party, which is anything but loud and obnoxious. She and her husband and most of their friends and family are quiet intellectual types and I've met some really nice people there. Don't be so quick to judge!
I'm not judging. If I came off that way, I apologize. I've tried going to parties before and I just didn't like it. Drunk women passing out and the guys make asses of themselves.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:43 PM

11,780 posts, read 8,207,985 times
Quote:
I'm not judging. If I came off that way, I apologize. I've tried going to parties before and I just didn't like it. Drunk women passing out and the guys make asses of themselves.
Were you the sober guy? That might explain it.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:51 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,108,653 times
Quote:
I've been to parties before at my college. I was so bored at them that I told my friends it was not my scene. Unless it's a birthday party for a friend or family member, I won't attend one. I prefer staying and watching Netflix.
Well, you are missing the point of my story - and you are also missing my point about "parties." There are lots of different types of parties. The party that I was at in my story was at a friend's house - and I was sitting on the porch outside talking to two guys. There were only 3 of us on the porch. There are some parties that I enjoy and some that I don't. I don't think anyone has ever called me the "party" type - but then again, I'm not sure what that even means. But I'll let my 80 year old neighbors know that they are the "party" type!

Old 01-29-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Well, you are missing the point of my story - and you are also missing my point about "parties." There are lots of different types of parties. The party that I was at in my story was at a friend's house - and I was sitting on the porch outside talking to two guys. There were only 3 of us on the porch. There are some parties that I enjoy and some that I don't. I don't think anyone has ever called me the "party" type - but then again, I'm not sure what that even means. But I'll let my 80 year old neighbors know that they are the "party" type!
I understand what you're saying completely. The more outgoing guy made a move on you and the shy guy didn't.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:06 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,858,662 times
Quote:
I understand what you're saying completely. The more outgoing guy made a move on you and the shy guy didn't.
The OP wishes shy guys would be more like the outgoing guys and somehow overcome their inherent shyness, modify their personalities, and become extroverts which of course is never going to happen.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:08 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,043,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
The OP wishes shy guys would be more like the outgoing guys and somehow overcome their inherent shyness, modify their personalities, and become extroverts which of course is never going to happen.
Yes, it would be great if that could happen. But no, I don't expect that shy guys will do this.

What I'm saying is, it's sad that the behavior of a shy guy can create a lose-lose situation for both him and the girl he likes.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:13 PM

38,749 posts, read 37,911,931 times
I recall a sort of running theme with the OP and men that are shy....

Simple solution..... go for the guys that are outgoing

Win win... some poor shy guy doesn't' have to jump thru hurdles and the OP get what she wants.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships