Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2015, 01:02 PM

947 posts, read 1,186,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Well, I asked her out and she said yes. We are going to a movie tonight. I've got to take a chance right?
Now there you go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 01:55 PM

376 posts, read 317,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post

All I think when I see/hear of a woman being like this is that she's just as likely to pull the same crap once were in a relationship. Some dude will pursue her hardcore and she'll just go along with it. No apparent free will. "I like this dude more but this other guy is being forward and pursuing me, guess I have to go with the second guy. Sucks, I liked the first guy more. If only I had some say in the matter"

lol. What a joke.
Exactly. Spot on. And the real kicker is that the shy guy gets shamed. "Why won't he just man up and do what I, myself, refuse to do?!?!?"

Old 01-30-2015, 02:04 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
Exactly. Spot on. And the real kicker is that the shy guy gets shamed. "Why won't he just man up and do what I, myself, refuse to do?!?!?"
If you are happy with your life - then that's great! If you aren't happy then you are the one with the power to change it. This isn't a shaming thing. This isn't a gender thing. This is a "this is your life" thing. But like I said - if you are happy and if your life is the way you want it to be - then that's great!

Old 01-30-2015, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
If you are happy with your life - then that's great! If you aren't happy then you are the one with the power to change it. This isn't a shaming thing. This isn't a gender thing. This is a "this is your life" thing. But like I said - if you are happy and if your life is the way you want it to be - then that's great!
No, I do not have the power to change the state of gender relations or the sexist expectations of an entire gender.

That's why I'm sitting on the sidelines.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:23 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Can I ask you this then? I have a female friend named Alyssa and I have known her for along time. She told me for awhile she has had feelings for me. I don't think I've been this comfortable around a woman. I know you're married but should I officially ask her out?

Old 01-30-2015, 02:41 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
That made me laugh so hard!

Old 01-30-2015, 02:58 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
No, I do not have the power to change the state of gender relations or the sexist expectations of an entire gender.

That's why I'm sitting on the sidelines.
You are in control of your life. You are in control of the choices that you make. You are choosing to not participate. If that makes you happy - that's great. If it doesn't make you happy, you can make different choices. If you aren't happy and are choosing to stay unhappy - that's a choice as well. You can blame it on whatever you choose to blame it on - but it's your life.

I mean - we can go round and round on every thread. You have your mind made up - nobody is going to change it or even open it up at all. You think that there is a huge gender war, that gender relationships are responsible for your unhappiness, and that American women are horrible. I know I'm not going to change your mind about any of this. But I do hope that you find your way out of this someday!

Old 01-30-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
You are in control of your life. You are in control of the choices that you make. You are choosing to not participate. If that makes you happy - that's great. If it doesn't make you happy, you can make different choices. If you aren't happy and are choosing to stay unhappy - that's a choice as well. You can blame it on whatever you choose to blame it on - but it's your life.

I mean - we can go round and round on every thread. You have your mind made up - nobody is going to change it or even open it up at all. You think that there is a huge gender war, that gender relationships are responsible for your unhappiness, and that American women are horrible. I know I'm not going to change your mind about any of this. But I do hope that you find your way out of this someday!
For the record - not unhappy. Would I prefer to be in a relationship/married/family? Yes, I would.

But I'm 35 and despite being relatively successful, stable...even if I were to start getting serious now, the sun is setting on that. Besides, most of what's left on the market are single moms, divorcees...not that interested.

Nor do I have any interest in dating/relating in the current "climate."

Old 01-30-2015, 03:24 PM

378 posts, read 441,507 times
Default "most of what's left on the market are single moms, divorcees"

Quote:
For the record - not unhappy. Would I prefer to be in a relationship/married/family? Yes, I would.

But I'm 35 and despite being relatively successful, stable...even if I were to start getting serious now, the sun is setting on that. Besides, most of what's left on the market are single moms, divorcees...not that interested.

Nor do I have any interest in dating/relating in the current "climate."
where do you live?

Old 01-30-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeinca View Post
where do you live?
Upper Midwest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships