U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-25-2015, 08:24 AM
 
2,181 posts, read 2,037,836 times
Reputation: 3138

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Because he really does have everything, he has money, he's not bad looking and he has some sort of power. I do wonder what he sees in her. She's pretty and all but she is desperate and obviously he isn't otherwise he would have married one of his other girlfriends. I don't think he's a bad guy just question a lot of his lifestyle.
lol. Women who think everything is "money, looks and power" are the ones who end up beaten, cheated on, abused, neglected and kicked to the curb wondering what happened.

 
Old 01-25-2015, 08:28 AM
 
5,917 posts, read 4,061,917 times
Reputation: 16282
Way jealous!!
 
Old 01-25-2015, 08:46 AM
 
Location: My House
33,083 posts, read 26,901,384 times
Reputation: 24448
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I have think a lot of female celebrities are attractive. But dating them seems like a lot of work seeing that their lives are always in the public eye. A firm no for me.
Same here. Only, swap male for female.
__________________
When in doubt, check it out: FAQ
 
Old 01-25-2015, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Pa
42,565 posts, read 42,434,760 times
Reputation: 24873
Iddy you want him.
 
Old 01-25-2015, 11:07 AM
 
10,026 posts, read 8,861,872 times
Reputation: 5888
Actually, no I don't want him. Met him before and he's not my type really. I suppose most would say he was a better choice than Taco Man but to his credit Taco Man doesn't have a rep for having lots of girlfriends. Then again the media blows up things and maybe many of those girlfriends really weren't.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Just congratulate her and wish her well.

I would date a celebrity, but the chances of that is slim to none.
Yeah I probably shouldn't worry about her. It's her life and who knows, it might be the one. Or not but maybe it'll be a great relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
so what? a "celebrity" generally only means that person might make alot more money than you, they are still flawed humans like joe blow down the block
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
finds *one* of what? a date or a celeb? you seem a bit too excited
I meant a date not a celeb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
smh... and people here on c-d wonders why they will often see comments where men, especially men with means dont want to marry women as many are diggers looking to hit the 'jackpot' as you say.
props to that man for staying unhitched @ 50+ yrs old or whatever and keeping his paper and livelyhood intact, hopefully he continues to prosper and avoid getting sucked into the abyss of divorce, spousal and child support

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, yep she's different.
She has her own money and makes good money. Her family is well off and she has a job that she loves. She is different than women he has dated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
You probably need to stay out of it. You're wayyyy too interested in her personal business all ready.
Yeah I need to stop thinking since it doesn't affect me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
I must know what this is. I tried searching for it to no avail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
It's a saga... The OP is engaged to an alcholic who lives with his mom because she's so infuriatingly picky and impractical about her other criteria for eligible men that this is all she's left with.

It's been going on for years.
Well I have other choices but I love him. I'm not picky just have one requirement I won't bend on. While he sounds like a horrible guy he's not and he's going through AA. I am proud of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
lol. Women who think everything is "money, looks and power" are the ones who end up beaten, cheated on, abused, neglected and kicked to the curb wondering what happened.
But here's the thing, men who are ugly and poor really don't have much. Yes they may be great boyfriends but sometimes it does mean settling. I don't care about money or looks personally, but some women do, just like some men do.
 
Old 01-25-2015, 12:24 PM
 
4,608 posts, read 3,567,594 times
Reputation: 4037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
She's very conservative, and he's not. She wants a baby and is desperate to get married but I'm not so sure he is since he has dated quite a bit and probably in his 50's or so. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled for her because if it lasts she hit the jackpot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
If they don't have a whole lot in common, how is he the jackpot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Because he really does have everything, he has money, he's not bad looking and he has some sort of power.
Keep it classy, CD.
 
Old 01-25-2015, 12:29 PM
 
9,415 posts, read 11,281,002 times
Reputation: 20186
Are you jealous because taco man is an alcoholic who gets in trouble with the law?
 
Old 01-25-2015, 12:38 PM
 
10,026 posts, read 8,861,872 times
Reputation: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Are you jealous because taco man is an alcoholic who gets in trouble with the law?
Not at all. I have met this guy years ago and he never seemed my type. Taco Man is going through counseling and I have faith in him.
 
Old 01-25-2015, 12:43 PM
 
1,287 posts, read 890,050 times
Reputation: 1716
Being desperate to get married, is no reason to get married to anyone. If the guy is 50 years old, having a family is probably the last thing on his mind. If he has shown a pattern of not being willing to commit to something like a marriage, then it's unlikely to happen. I predict that she is going to smother him and drive him away.
 
Old 01-25-2015, 12:44 PM
 
9,415 posts, read 11,281,002 times
Reputation: 20186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Not at all. I have met this guy years ago and he never seemed my type. Taco Man is going through counseling and I have faith in him.
I'm really happy to hear he's geting some help. Have you set a date for the wedding yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top