U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 09:54 AM

2,784 posts, read 1,683,268 times

Advertisements

This has happened to me more than once and yes it sucks, especially when you thought things were going well only to be blindsided. I know it sounds cliche, but you just have to keep trying. I personally never had much luck with those meet-up things, but I agree they are a very good way to meet other people and socialize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 10:54 AM

699 posts, read 714,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Skywalker2014 is right. Tagging along as a single in all 3 outings is usually 2 types of personalities. 1- Very receptive and open to anyone and communicates her interests and follows through. 2, looking for Mr. right, the way she wants it, when she wants, and how she wants it- basically is confused. She is most likely #2 and you already knew that since day one with her attitude but you didn't approach accordingly.

But let's put things into perspective senecaman. I too grew up in northern NJ around a lot of Italos aka Italian Americans so I know the deal.

To put it in simple terms, you didn't put your Italo "D" out. You simply didn't and she smelled your innocence and purity. You didn't lay out your intentions or try to slightly impose your intentions and that is what she needs. You didn’t give her that Guido personality. However, it is not necessarily a good thing. She is more likely the type that often deals with drama because of her multiple personalities. Had you spent more time with her the last time, you prolly would be even more messed up thinking what the heck just happened... So just be glad you dodged a bullet.

Women like her are often single mothers with lots of family support from their sisters and mother. They are very close to them. You as a man have to be really on it and have to be able to deal with the multiple personalities while being slightly on the abrasive side- a yeller. Her type needs a real leader, someone that can put her in her place- a bad boy in disguise.

The problem is you noticed her attitude from day 1 and still pursued her. You know you aren't the type to take her personality on but you tried anyway and look where you are now. Just be glad she knocked you off otherwise, this would have been you....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ2c59hnhrg
Thanks !Your making me laugh cause your describing her to a tee! As far as what I knew at first I though she was a pain (nice then sort of sarcastic) and I had no idea what she thought of me.The second time after we talked I thought maybe I had her wrong and she that she seemed pretty nice.Now I think she just wants what she wants and I will steer clear.BUT I won't walk on eggshells if we are both at future singles events.Not going to happen.I think you are right about one thing-she sees being nice as being weak and it brings out the manipulative side in her.I guess she sees "nice" even just a little bit as boring . The strange thing is I see myself not so much as being "too nice" ( I have my own wild side that surprises people once they get to know me) its just that I am not ruthless.So from what you are saying it sounds like she wants a bit of a tough guy caveman and its definitely true that's not me.I will approach a woman and let her know I am interested but I only go so far and I throw the ball into their court so they can decide for themselves what they want to do.To this woman I assume that's just being a wuss. lol

BTW originally from NYC (Queens) and have family there.Was up in Sept with my brother.We saw Jeter's last home run.We are both Met fans but that was cool and was great to see the new stadium for the first time.

Last edited by senecaman; 01-28-2015 at 11:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or