Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 12:12 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times

Advertisements

So this weekend, the Diss has had a friend form outta town sleep on his couch for a convention that is in town. Last night, after I returned from a night out, he comes back from his convention and we have a chat before going to sleep. The topic of relationships comes up, he gets into his relationship dilemma. I figure it would be good to get insight since he and I are friends with my woman friend in question and since he is early 30s he has more experience in dealing with women.

The story I told him is about the night that my friend got drunk and was kissing and touching all over me. Then I lay out more aspects of my woman friend's and I relationship like me being the only male friend that she invites out to events alone. She calls me for advice on relationships. She seems to really trust me, even inviting me to her place on a one on one basis a couple of times.

He says there is a lot of compelling evidence that she may like me more than a friend. Then, he asks if I am her friend because I have a crush on her or really have a friendship with her? I answered the latter. I say she has a lot of what I would want in a woman. I say the reason why I haven't been more wanting to figure this out is because I value her friendship and I hate to have it turn awkward if I read her incorrectly and/or we don't work out otherwise.

He says if I want to be more than her friend I should show more interest in that romantic direction.

I just don't know C-D nation. I don't even know if I want to date at all this time. But a pretty compatible person who may actually reciprocate my interest doesn't come along every day.

Anyone care to contribute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 12:21 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqhQGYwZYB4

Old 01-25-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Hell naw that ain't me. #1 I'd never do that type of delicate in public. #2 I'm working on a Master's degree. I'd like to think I would find a lot better wording to use. #3 If she has said ONCE she ain't interested, I drop the matter.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:40 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,000 times
If this is something that doesn't happen all the time, and you like her, then you need to act on it. No matter what the outcome, if you have interest, you should always make the move. Having "what ifs" in our short lives, is unacceptable.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:07 PM

318 posts, read 516,214 times
.... My thought is to enjoy the one you really, truly enjoy talking with. Everything else is just extra gravy. Time will tell...

Old 01-25-2015, 02:11 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
So this weekend, the Diss has had a friend form outta town sleep on his couch for a convention that is in town. Last night, after I returned from a night out, he comes back from his convention and we have a chat before going to sleep. The topic of relationships comes up, he gets into his relationship dilemma. I figure it would be good to get insight since he and I are friends with my woman friend in question and since he is early 30s he has more experience in dealing with women.

The story I told him is about the night that my friend got drunk and was kissing and touching all over me. Then I lay out more aspects of my woman friend's and I relationship like me being the only male friend that she invites out to events alone. She calls me for advice on relationships. She seems to really trust me, even inviting me to her place on a one on one basis a couple of times.

He says there is a lot of compelling evidence that she may like me more than a friend. Then, he asks if I am her friend because I have a crush on her or really have a friendship with her? I answered the latter. I say she has a lot of what I would want in a woman. I say the reason why I haven't been more wanting to figure this out is because I value her friendship and I hate to have it turn awkward if I read her incorrectly and/or we don't work out otherwise.

He says if I want to be more than her friend I should show more interest in that romantic direction.

I just don't know C-D nation. I don't even know if I want to date at all this time. But a pretty compatible person who may actually reciprocate my interest doesn't come along every day.

Anyone care to contribute.

Why don't you just ask her instead of telling your friends about your semi intimate moments when she was kissing you etc? It seems to me it would be easier and quicker to find out what she wants and less embarassing for her if/when she finds out you have been telling your friends what she has done in private.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Why don't you just ask her instead of telling your friends about your semi intimate moments when she was kissing you etc? It seems to me it would be easier and quicker to find out what she wants and less embarassing for her if/when she finds out you have been telling your friends what she has done in private.
Because I don't even know if I want to pursue this. Once the genie leaves the lamp on this matter you ain't getting him back in. I've told one friend who is very trustworthy. Also, the semi intimate moment was at a club so not like it is a big secret.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:29 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
I think I'd leave this one alone. You don't even know if you want to be dating right now and, if you're unsure, you could torpedo your friendship with this woman for nothing. How long have you been friends with her?

Old 01-25-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I think I'd leave this one alone. You don't even know if you want to be dating right now and, if you're unsure, you could torpedo your friendship with this woman for nothing. How long have you been friends with her?
We've been friends the same amount of time I've been back in DC. About three years. I'm sorta leaning leave this alone as well.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:43 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Ask her out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships