Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 08:38 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,921,685 times

Advertisements

I suppose this thread is mostly for people who went to traditional four year colleges. I had a brief stint at a commuter community college and it was definitely not a place to find single attractive women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 08:47 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,921,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Totally depends on your location. If you live in a city like New York or Miami, you will be surrounded by young beautiful women the rest of your life.

True, and if you can afford to live in the inner metro area you're probably already doing well for yourself (engineer, doctor, lawyer, stock broker, etc) and should have no trouble getting women. On the flip side, you can be a starving artist or musician and still be swimming in women in a big city. One thing is certain though, you cannot be boring or average in any way.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:52 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,259,799 times
Quote:
Nobody is saying that SOME women don't go after status. They're saying that not all women do, plenty don't care and just want someone who treats them well and loves them, who will make a good father, etc...
No, the argument that was made is that high status women do not go for high status males.

Quote:
I know a victorias secret angel who married a nobody. He's a 6'4'' good looking nobody, but a nobody all the same.

It's way more common then you think. When you have status and money you don't necessarily require it in your mate.
It's not about requiring it so much as being attracted to it and women are hardwired to be attracted to high status males. They can't change it anymore than a man can change the fact they they are attracted to pretty women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
What about the millions of other average people who are married or in relationships or dating? Last time I checked, even poor people were in committed relationships.
What about them? Average isn't high status, but even an average women is going to look for a higher status male. This is true throughout the animal kingdom and has been true for humans for 100's of thousands of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Is there a reason you think these examples represent millions of average women? A lot of women don't care about status. Look at the people around you. You'll notice there are ordinary women with ordinary husbands. Or do you live in isolation? Is that why you have to look up celebrities' lives on the internet and use them as examples?
A poster claimed that high status women do not go for high status men, but instead go for looks. Supermodels have the highest status, so if there was any truth to the previous statement we would see models dating down, but that isn't what happens. If that were the case then we would see poor guys in KY with pretty supermodels or at least attractive women, but instead we see those guys with fat women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
And women with status go for men with looks. Not all of us need a guy for his status ok.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:54 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Seriously, out side of this ridiculous (most of the time) forum, have any of you ever talked to a friend about dating or other people and used the term "high status" when discussing someone?

Me neither.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Seriously, out side of this ridiculous (most of the time) forum, have any of you ever talked to a friend about dating or other people and used the term "high status" when discussing someone?

Me neither.
People don't talk about how water is wet either, but that doesn't mean water isn't wet.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:06 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
People don't talk about how water is wet either, but that doesn't mean water isn't wet.

And thank you for the number one totally off base analogy of the day. You win the prize.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:17 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,974 times
Most girls who are my age do not care about" status" except for the shallow *******.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Most girls who are my age do not care about" status" except for the shallow *******.
So they date down?

That's not very typical at all.

http://www.epjournal.net/wp-content/...ep06328341.pdf

Old 01-26-2015, 11:19 AM

248 posts, read 259,142 times
It's definitely not quite as easy to meet women once you're out of college, but I'm sure it's still possible to be successful with them, you just have to put a little more effort with them.
I'm 23 and I've never really been successful with women.. I had one gf in college and a few hookups. Since I graduated last year I haven't really met any women. But at this point I've kind of come to terms with the fact that I'll probably never be the kind of guy who hooks up with a different girl every week, as much as I'd like to. Right now I'm just taking some time to focus on other stuff like my job and hobbies.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:26 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
So they date down?

That's not very typical at all.

http://www.epjournal.net/wp-content/...ep06328341.pdf
Op is college grad so he is good place
Have you guys thought op might be the problem not the women?

Last edited by Sommie789; 01-26-2015 at 11:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships