U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2015, 06:25 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,398,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yes. It is a well known fact that only hot chicks get massages.
Only hot chicks get massages?
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 12:27 AM

321 posts, read 268,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Only hot chicks get massages?
I sense a broken sarcasm detector.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:29 AM

321 posts, read 268,549 times
I have to assume that anyone who would have a problem with their partner being a massage therapist either a) Does not understand what massage therapy is, or b) is extremely controlling. Possibly both.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:00 AM

42,565 posts, read 42,398,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UC18 View Post
I sense a broken sarcasm detector.
Lol, naaaah.I was being goofy as well.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:13 AM

14,648 posts, read 29,685,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yes. It is a well known fact that only hot chicks get massages.
Ooooo - I love to get massages - I guess that makes me a "hot chick!"

Old 01-28-2015, 08:30 AM

20,014 posts, read 20,504,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corva View Post
Would you be comfortable if your partner was a massage therapist or interested in becoming one? This question is mostly for men but women are welcome as well.

I am considering some general interest courses in massage therapy, and if I enjoy it, maybe a career change as well (this would be far down the road if at all). My partner has expressed that it would make him uncomfortable knowing that I could be massaging men, even in a therapeutic setting.

Just curious if this is at all a common thought for men, even if just in the back of your mind.
Would he also be uncomfortable if you became a proctologist or urologist?

I had a friend who ended up with his main duties being preforming testicular ultrasounds.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:57 AM

1,512 posts, read 2,544,726 times
I was married to a massage therapist. She taught me a lot of very nice techniques and other women in my life have benefited from that teaching. That said, I will state that when she performed massages for clients, it was always clinical and professional. She never did house calls and usually worked out of a chiropractor's office (service was either standalone or part of a patient's treatment plan).

--Dim

Old 01-28-2015, 05:29 PM

14,933 posts, read 16,520,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Are you male? If so, I bet you have never requested a male massage therapist, regardless of your comment.
Yes, I am male.

When I first went in , I stated 'either'. Then after several massages, I started making appointments with a specific massage therapist, a man. His height (for leverage) and strength allowed him to more effectively 'get into' some of my muscles.

But thanks for the assumption.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:49 AM

96 posts, read 82,727 times
There's always a possibility that she may cheat on you if your relationship is on the rocks because she has access to so many men. For example (and I'm being honest), I've had 3 occasions within two decades where the masseuse initiated and had sex with me on the massage table when i never even had that on my mind. I was surprised but i never turned it down. Three times in twenty years. And, no, i didn't give them any extra tip afterward because i didn't ask for it. and neither did they hint at a tip for what they did. it was a freebie!

Old 01-29-2015, 09:17 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,334,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
What about a flabby granny with sciatica? I've yet to see a "no fat chicks" massage place.
Exactly.

I give my mother-in-law a spa gift certificate every year for Christmas. She's fit, but she's 71. She's not a member of a revival cast of Baywatch.

Massage therapist clientele is out-of-shape people with back and joint problems, elderly folks and people with diabetes with circulation issues, you name it. There are people with wrinkles, people with bad skin, obese people, people who smell, etc. All kinds of people get massages. There seems to be some sort misconception that if you're a massage therapist, you're doing hands-on with swimsuit models all day or something.

My husband and I both have spa memberships where we get at least monthly massages. We both get massages by therapists of either gender (though my husband has noted that while, if a male therapist is who's available for when we make our appointment, he's fine with it, but given the choice, he's less comfortable with a male therapist). Most of the time, I have male therapists, because I like pretty heavy-duty pressure, and in my experience, with that in my file, I typically get guy therapists. I have no doubt that there are female therapists out there who can throw some muscle into it, but my experience is that when I say "deep pressure," I get guy therapists. Usually pretty brawny ones, lol. We usually do couples massages, so we are together in the same room, anyway.

I also don't know where these people who get solicited for sex by their massage therapists are going for massages. Every place I have ever been to is run professionally, the therapists are clinicians and businesslike, and it's a health-related procedure. It would be like getting solicited for sex by my dentist or my dermatologist. Employing therapists who proposition clients during sessions is asking for the business to be shut down, sexual assault charges, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or