U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 08:58 PM

535 posts, read 366,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSmith357 View Post
So here's a question for the ladies.

Long term relationship, living together: How much "facebook" involvement do you post to her on Valentines day, if any?

I am on facebook, but don't do a whole lot on it or social media in general. She is on it all the time, checks us in when we go places, the whole 9...

Having never posted anything on Valentines day in the past to her or anyone else, what is expected?

I have a gift / card and will get flowers, but these days, people seem all crazy about facebook and stuff
She will expect you to say something on FB if she's like that. Say happy valentine's day. And some other nice stuff that's shortish and not too over the top, a few sentences. I'm assuming you've told her you love her, say that. Maybe post a cute song? That's good too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 09:08 PM

7,108 posts, read 2,889,270 times
Oh please! These holidays are really for fools and their money to part. Get her a card at the dollar store and be done with it. Just because you are a big spender on Valentine's day doesn't make her love you any more. Who dreams up holidays like this anyway??

Old 01-28-2015, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Oh please! These holidays are really for fools and their money to part. Get her a card at the dollar store and be done with it. Just because you are a big spender on Valentine's day doesn't make her love you any more. Who dreams up holidays like this anyway??
Some people like celebrating love, family, their religion... There, I just explained every holiday to you. I don't know why some people have to rain on other people's parade. It's just fun and feels good. Chill

Old 01-29-2015, 11:34 AM

6,056 posts, read 7,954,291 times
I'm not big on Valentine's Day. No idea what I will get. A card would be nice, but I won't make a big deal of it and wouldn't at any stage of the relationship.

I hate gushing Facebook posts! I deactivated my Facebook anyway. Gushing about your SO on Facebook is nothing but putting on a show.

Old 01-30-2015, 04:48 AM

42,203 posts, read 49,740,662 times
What do women want for Valentines Day ??

Well, since women aren't all one blob of mindless clone that likes the same thing, I'm not sure you're going to get anything useful here.
Notice your woman - her likes, dislikes, hobbies, interests.

Me? For your examples:

1 Just dating - Ok, if we just started dating, I wouldn't really expect much. A cute card, a mix tape, bottle of alcohol...

2 dating exclusive for a few months - By now, you should know me. Spend time with me doing something I like - make me dinner. Take me to an arcade or bowling or laser tag or to shoot pool. Buy me drinks and laugh with me.

3 living together or married - Maybe some flowers and a nice bottle of wine. Make sure there's something we can do in the house that night - watch a movie? Play some video games together? Something different from the usual dealing with the kids and dogs hassle. Oh, and some of my favorite food delivered to the house would be great.

Simple.

Old 01-30-2015, 04:57 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,382,499 times
guess yall arent familiar with that gif i posted of that classic commercial

oh well, i thought it was funny and it made perfect sense based on the thread topic

Old 01-30-2015, 07:41 AM

I think it's important to note that the people who are saying not to post anything on Facebook are people who don't like Facebook or don't have one. SHE is very into it and constantly checks in when she arrives places and posts a lot. People should try giving advice based on what people describe about their SO, not what they personally like.
"My gf loves horses, should we go horseback riding together?"
"No!! Horses are stinky and dangerous!"
See how that isn't good advice?

Old 01-30-2015, 08:02 AM

1,789 posts, read 1,923,652 times
I am in the dating exclusively for a few months category. And I am having flowers and a card delivered to her job, and reservations to a very nice restraunt and dancing afterwards. I think that should about cover it

Old 01-30-2015, 08:08 AM

42,203 posts, read 49,740,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfICould View Post
I think it's important to note that the people who are saying not to post anything on Facebook are people who don't like Facebook or don't have one. SHE is very into it and constantly checks in when she arrives places and posts a lot. People should try giving advice based on what people describe about their SO, not what they personally like.
"My gf loves horses, should we go horseback riding together?"
"No!! Horses are stinky and dangerous!"
See how that isn't good advice?
I have Facebook.
Most of my friends do.
We have had these kinds of conversations.
While most like a bday or anniversary note, no one cares much for the vday one.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:11 AM

6,958 posts, read 12,372,463 times
My wife doesn't like flowers. Why get something that will die in a few days? I've given her a potted plant so we can plant it when the warmer weather gets here. She's supposed to be watching her blood sugar but doesn't turn down a small box of chocolate. Valentine's Day is my birthday so we usually just go out to eat, but this year we may slip out of town for a couple nights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships