Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 11:35 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,306 times

Advertisements

Dating Exclusively:

My sweetie usually buys me a very nice card. I like flowers, but V-Day flowers are extra overpriced, and so I discourage him from getting them for me then. I will usually either cook a very nice meal for him, or we go out for dinner. Then we just spend the rest of the night relaxing...

I don't need much, but the card is important to me, and the time spent together is even moreso.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 11:35 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Oh, I am a woman... I can answer this! I want to see my enemies crushed, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

Or a card. I suppose a nice card will do as well. (card works great for all three choices really... but if dating for a long time/married or something, a nice candlelit dinner we work on together at home and maybe a movie* cuddled up on the couch with a box of Valentines chocolates is good too. I don't like going out on Valentine's Day. Too crowded, the menus are too limited, and everything is too overpriced!)

* Guess which movie is best?

Old 01-26-2015, 11:59 AM

245 posts, read 219,439 times
So here's a question for the ladies.

Long term relationship, living together: How much "facebook" involvement do you post to her on Valentines day, if any?

I am on facebook, but don't do a whole lot on it or social media in general. She is on it all the time, checks us in when we go places, the whole 9...

Having never posted anything on Valentines day in the past to her or anyone else, what is expected?

I have a gift / card and will get flowers, but these days, people seem all crazy about facebook and stuff

Old 01-26-2015, 12:00 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
We've never really made a big deal out of Valentines Day. Mrs. Chow for the most part doesn't care about that day, she's more into her B day and doing something fun or different for that, not so much V day.
I feel the same. I like a nice card with a heartfelt message. Other than that, just spending some quality time together. We usually buy something small for each other, but I'd rather not. We'd only been dating for 2 months and DH got me roses. I got him out of that in a hurry and if he does buy flowers, it's gerbera daisies. But buying for the sake of buying is irksome. I don't have money to waste on things we don't need, just for the helluvit.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:02 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSmith357 View Post

Long term relationship, living together: How much "facebook" involvement do you post to her on Valentines day, if any?

I am on facebook, but don't do a whole lot on it or social media in general. She is on it all the time, checks us in when we go places, the whole 9...

Having never posted anything on Valentines day in the past to her or anyone else, what is expected?

I have a gift / card and will get flowers, but these days, people seem all crazy about facebook and stuff
Eww. I see no reason to post FB messages to each other for everyone to see.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:06 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Yeah, that's kind of weird. Like you are putting on a show or something. I wouldn't advise it.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:15 PM

3,339 posts, read 5,989,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I agree. Luckily, my husband isn't on facebook at all, so that never happens. I have a profile and log in once every few months. I wouldn't worry about FB at all on V-day. If my husband DID post something lovey on my wall it would embarrass me anyway.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:25 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
They just want to know they are special to you.
However you achieve that doesn't matter.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:29 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Married.

V-day is overrated. I've always felt that way. Now that I have children, the "holiday" more for them than it is for me and my husband.

I keep stressing to my husband that he doesn't need to buy me flowers, but I guess he feels that's the least he can do on that day.

As for what I want...nothing at the moment, unless I stumble upon something that I like or want in the meantime. Then I'll ask my husband if I can get it for V-day.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:34 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSmith357 View Post

My husband and I are both on FB. He rarely uses it and I'm not active on it like most (I just read updates, look at photos, links, etc..) I check-in on Yelp though because I will do reviews and the like on that app.

If my husband ever posted something mushy or in regards to our relationship online, I'd be mortified or assumed his account had been hacked.

If you're not "active" on FB, then why change?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships