Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 11:32 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Actually I know far more men who went crazy at that age versus women. When I did online the amount of men desperate to marry astounded me.
Actually, this is the biggest group I run into... men in their 40s wanting to marry or remarry. The effect on me is like trying to make friends with a cat by spraying it down with a high pressure hose.

But while I think it's "crazy" to go out and try to find a spouse like trying to fill a job vacancy, I also realize these guys are pretty much just normal guys and I am the different one. After all, it's pretty much been what society expected for(just about)ever and that the notion of the happy single person is a newer phenomena in the grand scheme of human history. By the way, I am not "against" marriage by any means, I am just against the notion of being married to "anyone you can find" just because you are supposed to be married. And it's not really a goal of mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 11:34 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
So you didn't even know the guy long enough to know he was bipolar before you decided to have children with him? Wow!

I couldn't imagine having a child with someone before I even got to know who they were.

The more you type, the worse off your credibility becomes.
We lived together for three years at that point. He hid crazy well. Sometimes you dont know everything about someone until something happens for you to realize. We were together a total of 7 years.

So now what do you got?

Old 01-27-2015, 11:37 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
We lived together for three years at that point. He hid crazy well. Sometimes you dont know everything about someone until something happens for you to realize. We were together a total of 7 years.

So now what do you got?
I call BS. You don't just hide the fact that you're crazy. There were likely signs, but you were just too aloof. I've lived with someone who was bipolar. That became very evident after six months.

Either way, get off the food stamps that you clearly do not need because you're doing so well in life. Nobody likes a leech.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
But they will find out. Like I said, get yourself off food stamps and you will attract better men. Most men will run from a woman with two kids by two different fathers so you need to really be impressive, including a good job and good appearance. Okay maybe you didn't know he was bipolar but why did you have a child with someone you weren't married to, considering you already had a kid? That would make me more careful.
They will never find out because I will never comingle
Funds with anyone. So no, it would never be known. Any man that meets me, sees that I have my stuff together. Own cars, two houses, financially secure. Of course they might be exposed to a crazy ex at some point but i cant really control what crazy does and i gave up trying.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:38 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Actually, this is the biggest group I run into... men in their 40s wanting to marry or remarry. The effect on me is like trying to make friends with a cat by spraying it down with a high pressure hose.

But while I think it's "crazy" to go out and try to find a spouse like trying to fill a job vacancy, I also realize these guys are pretty much just normal guys and I am the different one. After all, it's pretty much been what society expected for(just about)ever and that the notion of the happy single person is a newer phenomena in the grand scheme of human history. By the way, I am not "against" marriage by any means, I am just against the notion of being married to "anyone you can find" just because you are supposed to be married. And it's not really a goal of mine.
I was looking for marriage but will not marry just to marry. These men seemed to want to marry anyone, which I never understood. You had the guys who never married and were afraid they would end up the male version of crazy cat lady. You had the divorced men who either wanted a woman to take care of them financially or babysit (these were the dads)or were so afraid of being alone. These guys for the most part were decent men but their desperation was scary.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
I call BS. You don't just hide the fact that you're crazy. There were likely signs, but you were just too aloof. I've lived with someone who was bipolar. That became very evident with six months.

Either way, get off the food stamps that you clearly do not need because you're doing so well in life. Nobody likes a leech.
Well believe what you want, but i had about half dozen witnesses in court to testify on the crazy they have been witness to and shocked by in the last 6 months. Some his family members. A few that have been his close friends for years. It has been very eye opening.

Each case is different and bipolar magnifies with age and the longer it goes untreated. It can also be managed with proper sleep, and proper diet. The most severe cases happen when they are not managed and then it is very difficult to get them back to being managed.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:44 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Funds with anyone. So no, it would never be known. Any man that meets me, sees that I have my stuff together. Own cars, two houses, financially secure. Of course they might be exposed to a crazy ex at some point but i cant really control what crazy does and i gave up trying.

Sorry, but good people can sense ethically challenged people a mile a way.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:45 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
But they will find out if you live with them. They will find out. And nope you don't have your stuff together if you are on food stamps. You aren't financially secure if you are on food stamps. The type of men you desire also have their choice of women like some of the other women in this thread who don't have kids (or at least not by two different baby daddies) and aren't on food stamps, which one do you think they'll choose?

Old 01-27-2015, 11:49 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:

lol

Old 01-27-2015, 11:52 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:

So now what do you got?

7 years!!!

You weren't very observant or ignored the signs. No one can hide this 7 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships