U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 02:40 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,414,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The problem is you. You met two decent women who had their sh-t together but all you could focus on were the three who were 'quirky' or bipolar. Shift your attention.
Well the two that had their stuff together we either didn't have chemistry and the other one got a job promotion and put me on the back burner. Said if I was still single in 6 months she would track me down. Guess it's back to square one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 02:42 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,719,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I missed her seeing that but those guys would likely give her a chance. For some reason I thought she was only open to successful men who were handsome and those guys would probably not be open to her. I definitely would have never dated a male version of her.
Ironically, it seems like those people whose lives are all screwed up have far less problems dating or being in relationships. I have a cousin who Lowonluck sounds very much like. She has three kids from two different baby daddies. She's on welfare, works low end jobs, no college education, etc. Every time I see her (once a year), she's in a relationship with a new guy. The funny thing is that they say they have high standards, but usually end up dating duds. In the meantime, a guy like me who does have it together, tends to have a much more difficult time dating/being in relationships. I really don't understand it. I just chalk it up to the the idea that I am in a far pickier dating crowd.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:47 PM

33,328 posts, read 27,106,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Ironically, it seems like those people whose lives are all screwed up have far less problems dating or being in relationships. I have a cousin who Lowonluck sounds very much like. She has three kids from two different baby daddies. She's on welfare, works low end jobs, no college education, etc. Every time I see her (once a year), she's in a relationship with a new guy. The funny thing is that they say they have high standards, but usually end up dating duds. In the meantime, a guy like me who does have it together, tends to have a much more difficult time dating/being in relationships. I really don't understand it. I just chalk it up to the the idea that I am in a far pickier dating crowd.
This is more than likely the truth, Lafleur.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:00 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,892,366 times
Yeah, Lafleur, I think you are pickier (which in this case is a good thing). I don't get why people will date these people, except they think they are just good for sex. I know a lot of men (women too but mostly men)who look at these women really as just a plaything (they have a more vulgar term that begins with pump).

Old 01-27-2015, 04:11 PM

6,911 posts, read 3,771,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Unless you don't care about being alone, good luck to you. Most men who are choices will not want a woman on welfare with two baby daddies. Sorry but that's the truth. I know lots of men who were looking for mates and not one would date someone like that. Some did date single moms or marry them but only single moms with their life together and not on welfare.
I do have my life together. So what if I get food stamps. Does not matter.

Again, I have a way better financial picture then every single guy I have met online. Only a few even owned a home. Your opinion of me is worthless.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:14 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,719,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post

Again, I have a way better financial picture then every single guy I have met online. Only a few even owned a home. Your opinion of me is worthless.
If you really think you can, then do better. Nobody is forcing you to date the men you choose to date. If you believe it's your geographic location, then pick a better region. Maybe you need to move to a larger metro area with a wider selection of people.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I think she said no to single dads.
I did not. I have dated lots of single dads. They tend to be broke and angry individuals. At least the ones I have met.

I choose single over dealing with that. I am also not necessarily looking for someone to move in with me. Of course if I meet the right guy, my house would be big enough. But cool with living with just the kids and I.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
If you really think you can, then do better. Nobody is forcing you to date the men you choose to date. If you believe it's your geographic location, then pick a better region. Maybe you need to move to a larger metro area with a wider selection of people.
I quit even attempting to date in December. I have turned men down since January. I just don't have the time to deal with it in my life at the moment. Maybe after I get into the new house, but for now, single is just fine.

I just bought a second house in my area. I am not moving anywhere.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:20 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,892,366 times
Quote:

Yes it does matter because you are taking advantage of taxpayers. Don't you get this? Of course you are attracting men without good financial situations because you aren't top of the line. Sorry but you're not, you're on food stamps and medicaid.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:21 PM

11,780 posts, read 8,252,886 times
Quote:
I did not. I have dated lots of single dads. They tend to be broke and angry individuals. At least the ones I have met.

I choose single over dealing with that. I am also not necessarily looking for someone to move in with me. Of course if I meet the right guy, my house would be big enough. But cool with living with just the kids and I.
I dated a single mom once. She was always broke too, but she had a bangin' body and never had her kid. I'm not even sure she had custody. Come to think of it I'm almost positive she didn't. No idea who owned her kid though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships