Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 06:45 PM

3 posts, read 4,181 times

Advertisements

sound like she's not telling me the full story. I'm really not liking what I'm hearing.
Thanks for inputs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 06:55 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefuseToMove View Post
sound like she's not telling me the full story. I'm really not liking what I'm hearing.
Thanks for inputs.
Are you married?

Old 01-27-2015, 07:06 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,531,949 times
You have a paid for house you are happy with. Why take on debt because something is a good deal? It might not be a good deal for you. You have proven to be fiscally sharp.

If you think something is fishy, get legal advice tomorrow. You never can tell, she might be planning to move out and leave you to pay for her new digs. Depending on where you live, you may be responsible for your wife's debts, as she yours.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:16 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
You have a paid for house you are happy with. Why take on debt because something is a good deal? It might not be a good deal for you. You have proven to be fiscally sharp.

If you think something is fishy, get legal advice tomorrow. You never can tell, she might be planning to move out and leave you to pay for her new digs. Depending on where you live, you may be responsible for your wife's debts, as she yours.
Red flag!
IF they're married. No confirmation from the OP, yet.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:19 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Well, your wife may have messed up big time - but if you want to stay married to her, you are both going to have to figure out what to do from here on out together. If it was only a hold payment that she put on the house - and she gave it to her SISTER - I can't imagine her sister not giving it back.

Now, if you DO want to stay married to her, then you need to keep that in mind when you are working this out.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:55 PM

3 posts, read 4,181 times
Yes we're married.

I will divorce her before she get me out of this house. I don't spend all those time and money into learning things and busting my ass to build the house exactly as I want it just to move because my wife have her eyes on dollars sign.

The type of house that my wife want to buy, I don't think it can be rented out and if it can, I'd not trust anyone who rent it. It is a huge house, pretty much a mansion.

I think my wife just don't want to walk up to her sister and ask for all that money back and upset her. So she's trying to get me to agree to move.

What upset me even more is, I don't know if she put money into it before asking me for first time or after I say no in hope she can talk me into it.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:58 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Yes we're married.

I will divorce her before she get me out of this house. I don't spend all those time and money into learning things and busting my ass to build the house exactly as I want it just to move because my wife have her eyes on dollars sign.

The type of house that my wife want to buy, I don't think it can be rented out and if it can, I'd not trust anyone who rent it. It is a huge house, pretty much a mansion.

I think my wife just don't want to walk up to her sister and ask for all that money back and upset her. So she's trying to get me to agree to move.

What upset me even more is, I don't know if she put money into it before asking me for first time or after I say no in hope she can talk me into it.
Well, then you have your answer. She either agrees to do as you say or you divorce her. I don't think that you are in the wrong or that you are making the wrong decision - I just think you need to know how you feel before you talk to her. And you know how you feel. So - what advice were you looking for? I'm a bit confused. If you already know what you are going to do and where you stand - then what are you asking?

Old 01-27-2015, 08:00 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Yes we're married.

I think your wife wants to live in a mansion. You and she don't seem to be on the same page regarding financial issues, long-term financial goals, how to handle money, etc.

Your wife could offer her sister a compromise (if it's true that she's uncomfortable about asking for a refund); she can offer to split the money with her sister. Her sister can keep half and return half. Your wife would just have to chalk it up to an expensive lesson.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:09 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
From what you've said here, your wife doesn't sound very money-wise. First, pulling money out of a 401k is a bad move (well, in my opinion). But has she ever stopped to consider if you can afford the upkeep of this other house? Not just the mortgage but the taxes, heating, cooling, etc, etc. I am not sure on the legality either (based on what others have said).

Maybe it would be worth it for some marriage counseling (and perhaps some financial counseling... not you telling her, but some third party that could explain all the reasons what she's doing is a bad financial move).

Old 01-27-2015, 08:32 PM

203 posts, read 178,315 times
Be careful with the divorce route. She may get your house, and level it out of spite. Reminds me of a divorce case, where a woman was wrongfullygiven custody of her husbands dog, which he has had before he even met her, and had it put down the very next day, before he had a chance to appeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships