Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 02:03 PM

3,350 posts, read 2,836,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSmith357 View Post
LoL!!!!
My point is that they barely know each other if they were bf/gf that would a different story.
How would you like it if some woman who you asking for your credit score instead of getting know your character.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:04 PM

21 posts, read 15,165 times
Why do you take online dating so seriously? It's online dating. This is where all the social losers & socially uncalibrated communicate. There's a reason they are there, and not socializing in person like normal people do.

Why even resort to online dating? EVEN resort?

It's online dating. Those people don't even matter.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:05 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,433,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I can't believe that people still use the term sl*t as a derogatory term, as if having sex, even sex for just pleasure, is someone dehumanizing. Pretty gross stuff. Clearly is the misogynist territory.
I agree. Some of the posts I've seen from some of the so-called men in this thread are really nauseating. It's like being transported back to 1950.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:08 PM

203 posts, read 177,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I can't believe that people still use the term sl*t as a derogatory term, as if having sex, even sex for just pleasure, is someone dehumanizing. Pretty gross stuff. Clearly is the misogynist territory.
You realize that most sloot shaming are women talking about other women, correct? Besides, sloot shaming will never go away, because health of our civilization depends on it. But then again, not sure you would ever understand why, so ill just leave it at that.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:10 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,938,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
If you read above, I noted that your situation is different. You married younger, where the N count question isn't nearly as important.

The implications for a guy dating right now, as a 30+ single, is far more relevant. Frankly, I don't want a woman who's been out sowing her oats for the past 10 years and now wants to snag a "nice, stable" guy who looks like a better bet now that she's ready to settle down and Chad Thunderstick isn't interested.
You didn't "note my situation was different" you agreed with someone else who did. I believe your words for me was "white knight" an insult which is usually a symptom of a severe dearth of critical thinking capacity.

FWIW I disagree with the idea my situation is different. It's not just about age. A lot of other circumstances play into it as well. When my wife and I shared our respective numbers, mine was a little higher. But I am also 6 1/2 years older than her, so she did more in a shorter time span. Furthermore she also had a baby before I was in the picture, but the child was still born. I was aware of this before we started dating. I assumed she had other partners before I arrived. And it didn't even warrant being brought up directly in a conversation until 8 years into our marriage.

If your limited capacity for critical thinking restricts you from doing anything more than dismissing me as a white knight, so be it. I'm not out to prove myself to you. I can say what I say not because I think It sounds good. I've lived it.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:12 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,222,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
So I just started okcupid yesterday. I was talking to a guy. We shared similar interests and then out of the blue, he asks me how many men I have had sex with.

What is with guys and these questions? Don't people realize it is rude to ask that kind of question? I parroted the question back to him hoping he would realize just how out of line he was for asking. It was a major turn off, as I'm not looking for sex, but a serious relationship.

He went on to say he has had sex with over a dozen women and the last time has been about ten months ago. I wish he would have gotten the hint to not answer or ask such an intrusive question.

Should I drop him? Chock it up to foot-in-mouth syndrome? Oh yeah, and he also made a sexual reference about "loving" black women and how he had sex with one and it was the best sex he ever had. Another major turn off.
Re-read your post and...think.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:15 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,767,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabasis X View Post
You realize that most sloot shaming are women talking about other women, correct? Besides, sloot shaming will never go away, because health of our civilization depends on it. But then again, not sure you would ever understand why, so ill just leave it at that.

I tend not to understand things that make no damn sense. Its a hazard of having a functioning brain.

And no, I don't know any women that denigrate other women for choosing to have sex. In real life I don't know any men that do it either. That was the territory of frat boy bozos and 20 something bro dudes that had double standards and think it is perfectly reasonable to do so. Which is probably the same demographic that is doing it here, oh, and add in some 20 something virgins that are terrified of women.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:16 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,108,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
It sucks because we were having a great conversation and it just...ruined it.
No loss, you found out what he was about and it only cost you a few minutes typing.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:21 PM

44,278 posts, read 19,941,301 times
There aren't enough hours in a day to completely clean up hijacked threads such as this one. People, read the opening post and reply to the topic presented therein. Do not use this forum to further your personal agenda. Stay on topic!

Please also note that purposely misspelling or inserting non-alpha characters into an inappropriate word in an attempt to circumvent the language filter is a violation of the Terms of Service and can earn you an infraction. Just don't do it.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-28-2015 at 03:21 PM..

Old 01-28-2015, 04:21 PM

48,356 posts, read 34,485,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabasis X View Post
Don't take it the wrong way, but you've been married for a decade, so your perception is going to be a lot different than a guy who is currently in the dating market. I don't ask that question myself, but its mostly because I can discern this information without having to verbalize it. Most men can. Its an important factor for men who are in the dating market and its never going to change. It is instinctual, not decision based.
ROFL. If it makes you sleep better at night!

I have a GF who thinks she is psychic too.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships