U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2015, 10:31 PM

6,171 posts, read 4,950,686 times

Advertisements

I am not a fan of children, so no, single moms are not desirable. Although I might consider one who has grown up kids, but that would make her a lot older than me I'm a millennial, so I feel if someone already has kids from multiple guys or is already divorced then there are serious issues there.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:38 PM

2,494 posts, read 1,852,867 times
It depends on a number of factors:

1.) The age of the kids. Adult children are out of the house while very young children (under age 6 for instance) won't have much input.

2.) The ex. Is he an absentee or highly involved father? The relationship between the mother and biological father can have a sizeable impact.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:15 PM

619 posts, read 479,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
All this talk of single moms being undateable and undesirable...

Will it always be the case for single moms? Do you ever become desirable again in the dating pool?
I've never experienced the problems that you have in the dating world. If anything, my kids raise my standards so a lot of guys no longer quite meet them. I know our situations are somewhat different. I'm not closed off to more kids, my kid's dad is awesome and we were married for a number of years. I have no bitterness towards him, nor am I negative about my dating prospects. If a guy voices general concerns about dating single moms, that tells me that he's smart. If he's completely dismissive of it, then looks like I have an opportunity to make a new platonic friend.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:56 AM

9,865 posts, read 8,007,103 times
In bed.

Old 01-31-2015, 01:49 AM

6,908 posts, read 3,740,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Women do not generally want to look for responsible, family oriented men in dive bars.

Maybe she just did not find chemistry with those two and more than merely their profession. It is a small sample size.
Chemistry /attraction... Something. Believe me, I tried. I wanted to like both of them because they are both so incredibly nice.

Old 01-31-2015, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
She just said she never dated a white collar guy.

Funny, at least half the white collar guys I know are good at fixing things. Cars, home repair, etc.

I think LoL just doesn't like white collar guys.

Which is fine, but she will likely find more white collar types who are open to a woman with kids than DECENT blue collar types who are open to dating a woman with kids.

My mom digs bad boys to this day. Some women get stuck on it and never fix that problem. And, it IS a problem for a woman with kids who wants to be married and settled down.

Mom did marry only white collar/professional types until my current stepdad (they've been together over 20 years), but he's from a wealthy family, so he's not typical blue collar.

Not to say there aren't some great blue collar types out there. There are.

There are just fewer single, mid-thirties blue collar guys who are both decent AND have enough disposable income to take on a woman with two kids.
Not saying, I don't want to like a white color guy. Maybe I just have not found the right one. I want to find a guy that I am attracted to, that is a good guy, and that is attracted to me back. I really don't care what he does for a profession. I have just found over the years that I have mostly dated mechanics.

I don't need a man with a disposable income. I am doing fine supporting my kids on my own.

Old 01-31-2015, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
I am not a fan of children, so no, single moms are not desirable. Although I might consider one who has grown up kids, but that would make her a lot older than me I'm a millennial, so I feel if someone already has kids from multiple guys or is already divorced then there are serious issues there.
My husband and I married due to an odd situation, not love. It clearly did not work out, and quickly I might add. We were married at 23, separated at age 25. Nothing wrong with either of is, except that while it was a noble attempt, neither of is had any business marrying each other.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
It depends on a number of factors:

1.) The age of the kids. Adult children are out of the house while very young children (under age 6 for instance) won't have much input.

2.) The ex. Is he an absentee or highly involved father? The relationship between the mother and biological father can have a sizeable impact.
My kids are preschool and elementary school aged, so young and preteen.

One ex is deceased and always has been. One ex is mostly absentee, he does not have my phone number and will soon not have my address after we move. Due to his craziness, the judge handling our case keeps my information confidential. So fairly drama free because I do not put my children and myself on a place to put up with his drama. (Crazy=bipolar)

Old 01-31-2015, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
In bed.
I weed that type out by not inviting them to my bed and I do not visit their bed.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:36 AM

33,061 posts, read 26,870,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Not saying, I don't want to like a white color guy. Maybe I just have not found the right one. I want to find a guy that I am attracted to, that is a good guy, and that is attracted to me back. I really don't care what he does for a profession. I have just found over the years that I have mostly dated mechanics.

I don't need a man with a disposable income. I am doing fine supporting my kids on my own.
You don't get it.

A smart man who has it together will NOT date (or marry) a woman with kids unless he has the means to help support them. It's great that you feel you'd still be supporting your kids if you got married again. But, any guy worth his salt will not make that leap unless he's got his financial house in order.

This may explain another part of your problem dating. Most of those mechanic types you like (in the age range you want) are either already married or rejects. You could find an older one that's decent, but you don't want that. If you're as attractive as you say, you could probably find a much younger one, too.

The range you want is full of already marrieds and single ones who want a woman with no kids so they can have some together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships