U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-11-2015, 06:34 PM
 
252 posts, read 246,768 times
Reputation: 263

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
Then don't date single moms. Easy.

But why is someone who IS willing to do those things a "chump"? Obviously they see value in the woman and her kids. Some people can bond with other people's kids and want to help out.
So it doesn't bother you that society over the last 50 or so years has become a mess because too many people loosened their standards and adopted Cultural Marxism? Whether you like the traditional way of doing things or not, at least most people knew who their blood relatives were. The situation wasn't always perfect, but overall? Things were far better than they are today in a world of 40% divorce rates, baby mommas and "blended" families.

Live your live however you want. It isn't my business. Just don't elevate this to some kind of superior lifestyle, because it isn't. It is the path to impoverishment and a lifetime as a wage slave.

 
Old 02-11-2015, 06:44 PM
 
5,121 posts, read 5,301,437 times
Reputation: 5798
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
Then why are so many of these men bonding with these kids and willingly providing for them?

They aren't being tricked or used, they want to be a part of the family. Obviously that path is not for everyone, but I think you're wrong when you assert that no man will willingly raise another man's child.

Just say "Not for me." and leave it there.
That's what I don't get. I don't give a rats rear end if some people won't date single/divorced parents. There are plenty of people who do. But what's with the name calling? Am I a chump because I date other single parents? And for the record, I think people who don't date single parents are fully okay (don't think they are monsters or anything like that... to each his or her own and I wish them the best in love).

But men willing raise other people's kids all the time... so do women. People adopt children all the time and lots of families marry together a la Brady Bunch style.
 
Old 02-11-2015, 06:46 PM
 
32,834 posts, read 22,780,939 times
Reputation: 29883
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresTheBeef View Post
So it doesn't bother you that society over the last 50 or so years has become a mess because too many people loosened their standards and adopted Cultural Marxism? Whether you like the traditional way of doing things or not, at least most people knew who their blood relatives were. The situation wasn't always perfect, but overall? Things were far better than they are today in a world of 40% divorce rates, baby mommas and "blended" families.

Live your live however you want. It isn't my business. Just don't elevate this to some kind of superior lifestyle, because it isn't. It is the path to impoverishment and a lifetime as a wage slave.

They thought they knew who they were, you mean.

And I'm not sure who you think things were better for 50 years ago. Children living in dysfunctional families because it was so hard to get a divorce? Members of the GBLT community? Women? People of color?

Or just white men?
 
Old 02-11-2015, 06:55 PM
 
252 posts, read 246,768 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

Or just white men?
Children. Yes, children were better off. They were better off financially, they had a place to go for the holidays, they had a chance to learn life's lessons by example instead of having to hear mommy's bed squeak while sexing her latest partner.

LGBT? LOL - These are some of the most miserable people by and large that you will ever meet. They were miserable then - they are even more miserable now. Look at the substance abuse rates, it is sky high among the sexually disordered.

By the way, the sexual revolution is also part of the Cultural Marxist infiltration of polite society. Google it.
 
Old 02-11-2015, 07:09 PM
 
366 posts, read 295,223 times
Reputation: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresTheBeef View Post
So it doesn't bother you that society over the last 50 or so years has become a mess because too many people loosened their standards and adopted Cultural Marxism? Whether you like the traditional way of doing things or not, at least most people knew who their blood relatives were. The situation wasn't always perfect, but overall? Things were far better than they are today in a world of 40% divorce rates, baby mommas and "blended" families.

Live your live however you want. It isn't my business. Just don't elevate this to some kind of superior lifestyle, because it isn't. It is the path to impoverishment and a lifetime as a wage slave.
First, all kids are a path to impoverishment and a lifetime as a wage slave, blood or not. We love them because they are super cute, not because they're economical.

Second, you seem pretty heated over this topic. I'm not trying to elevate it, I'm asking you why you keep putting down those who wish to live that way.

As for the rest, divorce rates were lower because women could not afford to leave their crappy husbands. Baby mama's and blended families are a necessary evil of women having financial independence. People do know who their blood relatives are, it's called a paternity test. "Cultural Marxism" is a term tossed around by conspiracy theorists and nut jobs, so you'll need to be a little more specific about that point.
 
Old 02-11-2015, 07:10 PM
 
Location: The Hall of Justice
25,907 posts, read 35,048,984 times
Reputation: 42372
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresTheBeef View Post
When they are legally adopted -by law, by religion and by tradition- they are the same as my kids. Usually they have to be adopted because their parents don't want them and the adoptive parent does want them.

That's a different concept from someone's baby momma, or daddy divorcing mommy because the new secretary looks pretty hot. Not anything I want to get involved with. Wallow in your own poverty because of your bad decisions. It's not up to me to plug the financial gap!!!
In other words, you don't want to be responsible for someone else's offspring ... Unless you do. Gotcha. That's how it works for pretty much everyone else too.
 
Old 02-11-2015, 07:18 PM
 
252 posts, read 246,768 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
In other words, you don't want to be responsible for someone else's offspring ... Unless you do. Gotcha. That's how it works for pretty much everyone else too.
Correct. But that doesn't mean guys are stampedeing to be the first ones to pair off with single moms. In fact, that is still the exception rather than the rule - unless it's just for sex.

Some people mentioned there might be an exception if the woman was hot. In my experience, that is usually NOT enough to overcome the negative reaction most men have to her baggage. Looks fade very quickly and you start noticing the flaws in even the best looking woman after the initial infatuation wears off. Long term dating? Maybe. Marriage? Less likely than you think. Even glamorous movie stars like Terri Hatcher are desperate and dateless at after a certain point. (I heard her say she hasn't had a date in 3 years.)

Now, if both the man and the woman have baggage, I think they are probably both in an equal position. I still don't like it, but the symmetry makes it bother me less.
 
Old 02-11-2015, 07:24 PM
 
Location: The Hall of Justice
25,907 posts, read 35,048,984 times
Reputation: 42372
Did anybody say that men are stampeding to be with single mothers? I must have missed it.
 
Old 02-11-2015, 07:25 PM
 
366 posts, read 295,223 times
Reputation: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresTheBeef View Post
Correct. But that doesn't mean guys are stampedeing to be the first ones to pair off with single moms. In fact, that is still the exception rather than the rule - unless it's just for sex.
Most of the population is less than ideal as a mate. Got debt? A criminal record? Ugly? Fat? Insecure? Unemployed? The list goes on and on and on. Some things are deal breakers to some people and that's ok. But unless you are one of the shining few with no baggage or bad traits, you're no better than the rest of us poor slobs.

And plenty of men marry single moms. Where are you even getting this stuff?
 
Old 02-11-2015, 07:29 PM
 
252 posts, read 246,768 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
First, all kids are a path to impoverishment and a lifetime as a wage slave, blood or not. We love them because they are super cute, not because they're economical.
Do you understand the concept of economies of scale? It is best summarized in the old colloquial saying "two can live as cheaply as one."

Broken families have to pay for two homes, two phone bills, two cable bills, two electric bills, two gas bills, two mortgages, two sets of property taxes, etc.

That's why broken families are the road to serfdom. That's why so many people these days are having so much trouble getting by these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
Second, you seem pretty heated over this topic. I'm not trying to elevate it, I'm asking you why you keep putting down those who wish to live that way.
I dont care how you live. I just will fight you tooth and nail when you claim it is as desirable as living in a tradtional family unit. It isn't and never will be. It is a Marxism and there are a lot of people who listen to the echo chamber and are aactually stupid enough to believe this nonsense. They need people like me to tell them there are other ways to live and that those ways generally result in better outcomes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top