U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 07:43 AM

2,827 posts, read 3,052,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
This comes up every damn time. I've dated single moms. Several. I've never been asked to, expected to, or encouraged to spend money on their child. It's never, ever been an issue.
That's because you evidently haven't gotten close to marrying one. The deeper you get into the relationship, the more you become brainwashed into paying for them.

First it's pizza and ice cream, then it's the baseball and soccer leagues... and then college tuition.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:45 AM

26 posts, read 21,480 times
As a man, single mothers are an absolute dealbreaker for me. I would never, ever, never, date a single mother. There is too much baggage, daddy drama, kid might end up hating you, just not worth it.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:46 AM

366 posts, read 294,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
That's because you evidently haven't gotten close to marrying one. The deeper you get into the relationship, the more you become brainwashed into paying for them.

First it's pizza and ice cream, then it's the baseball and soccer leagues... and then college tuition.
Women are monsters who make you love them and their children. They trick you into wanting to provide for a child you love and cherish. How dare they!

All "yous" general, of course, I doubt you'll ever have a woman try to trick you into loving her.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:53 AM

32,730 posts, read 22,676,881 times
Quote:

I have, actually.

And no, none of those things happened. Like everyone I date, she was a highly educated professional (a tenured professor) and had no need for my money for her or her child.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:02 AM

245 posts, read 162,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecross View Post
As a man, single mothers are an absolute dealbreaker for me. I would never, ever, never, date a single mother. There is too much baggage, daddy drama, kid might end up hating you, just not worth it.
So here's a question, have you actually done it before or are you just spouting BS?

Coming from a guy who has dated several, and currently IS dating a single (albeit divorced) mom, I can attest that there is the possibility of drama, but I think that is overrated, and is the exception than the rule.

And if the kid hates you, it's probably because you dont treat him/her right, or just are not fit to be a parent

I'm also guessing all of you saying stuff like this are in your early 20's and self proclaimed "alpha" males who are proud of that label, to the point where you have a pin or something, right?

Old 01-29-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
This comes up every damn time. I've dated single moms. Several. I've never been asked to, expected to, or encouraged to spend money on their child. It's never, ever been an issue.
Me either...

But then again, I don't have poor judgment, I can usually spot someone looking for a piggy bank and dont get too involved

Old 01-29-2015, 08:05 AM

32,730 posts, read 22,676,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSmith357 View Post
Me either...

But then again, I don't have poor judgment, I can usually spot someone looking for a piggy bank and dont get too involved

Its that simple. Date quality women and it won't be an issue.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:

Let me guess, when you date, you go Dutch? (look it up if you dont know what I mean)

If you are a chump that can be tricked into completely supporting your woman, than you deserve what you get

Old 01-29-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Its that simple. Date quality women and it won't be an issue.
It's quite obvious the more I read this forum that a lot of people have just no life or relationship skills, are horrible judges of character and are too tied up on perception, labels and innuendo to cope

Old 01-29-2015, 08:09 AM

13,230 posts, read 11,764,006 times
Quote:
Awwww, what a nice guy...
I'm just saying, he's Matt Damon so he obviously had non-single mom options. She's not even all that attractive but he must've really liked something about her...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships