U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-12-2015, 04:25 PM
 
Location: Scott County, Tennessee/by way of Detroit
3,330 posts, read 1,977,607 times
Reputation: 10245

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think that poster was trying to be funny, but it wasn't clearly worded.
I guess I didn't get the joke...just thought it was another gun comment...

 
Old 02-12-2015, 04:58 PM
 
10,026 posts, read 8,858,306 times
Reputation: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
I look at it differently being a woman but I would question the morals of someone who had a kid with someone who disappeared. I know people like that and it's an issue. I'd never date a man who didn't support the kids.

What are you talking about? My morals?? Women get married..have babies and the husband wigs out, so what is she supposed to do?.. It does happen... I supported my son on no child support, worked two jobs and then met a guy who accepted my stinky, germ riddled, kid... I wasn't a slug.... my husband liked that my ex wasn't around..less BS...and as a matter of fact the State of California found him recently...garnished his wages.. dropped money into my checking account which was a surprise.. and is making him pay the back child support...my son is 32...if it keeps up, maybe I can give him enough to pay toward college loans..

I agree...I would never date a man who didn't support his kids....in fact my bf now husband had custody of his two boys when they were young since his ex dropped him off on his porch one day covered in calamine lotion with chicken pox..her boyfriend at the time didn't want the baggage... like some people here....only she was their mother......
There are people who are truly victims of other people but other times they knew. Case in point my former roommate hooked up with a baby daddy who already had 4 illegitimate kids. She knew this yet had unprotected sex with him. She got pregnant and he disappeared. She should have known better because she knew he was like this.
 
Old 02-12-2015, 06:28 PM
 
321 posts, read 268,764 times
Reputation: 436
I've dated a few mothers, but I have to admit they've tended to be very attractive, very intelligent, really had their act together, and weren't looking for a father figure for their kids. For women who are more in the average range, if all else is equal, I'm going to go for the one without kids. They tend to be easier to set up dates with, for one thing, have more free time and energy, and less drama. I'm not saying this is fair, I'm just being blunt about the reality. If you have kids, you need to really up your game in other areas to make yourself attractive to most guys.
 
Old 02-12-2015, 06:53 PM
 
Location: The point of no return, er, NorCal
6,904 posts, read 4,226,960 times
Reputation: 8882
I had no problems dating as a divorced/single mother, and a good chunk of my friends, also divorced mothers, re-married childless men. As did I.
 
Old 02-12-2015, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Scott County, Tennessee/by way of Detroit
3,330 posts, read 1,977,607 times
Reputation: 10245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
There are people who are truly victims of other people but other times they knew. Case in point my former roommate hooked up with a baby daddy who already had 4 illegitimate kids. She knew this yet had unprotected sex with him. She got pregnant and he disappeared. She should have known better because she knew he was like this.
I understand... We were 22 24 and I was naive....wow...she must have had a horribly hard time...yes....she got involved with the wrong guy for sure.....
 
Old 02-12-2015, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Cumberland Co., TN
20,015 posts, read 20,514,746 times
Reputation: 20369
Quote:
Originally Posted by UC18 View Post
I've dated a few mothers, but I have to admit they've tended to be very attractive, very intelligent, really had their act together, and weren't looking for a father figure for their kids. For women who are more in the average range, if all else is equal, I'm going to go for the one without kids. They tend to be easier to set up dates with, for one thing, have more free time and energy, and less drama. I'm not saying this is fair, I'm just being blunt about the reality. If you have kids, you need to really up your game in other areas to make yourself attractive to most guys.
Or just date guys that are attracted to you as you are. I thinking has been established that most single parents don't have difficulty dating because due to being a parent. I do agree that it is easier to date a childless person tho. It's not for everyone
 
Old 02-12-2015, 07:27 PM
 
321 posts, read 268,764 times
Reputation: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Or just date guys that are attracted to you as you are.
That's basically what I'm saying. You have to have something that guys are attracted to, though. And yes, ease of dating is what I'm talking about as much as anything. In order to jump through the extra hoops necessary to date someone with kids, I need to REALLY be attracted to her from the get go-- there isn't the luxury of just casually hanging out from time to time to see if things click and passion grows.
 
Old 02-13-2015, 10:55 AM
 
Location: Cumberland Co., TN
20,015 posts, read 20,514,746 times
Reputation: 20369
Quote:
Originally Posted by UC18 View Post
That's basically what I'm saying. You have to have something that guys are attracted to, though. And yes, ease of dating is what I'm talking about as much as anything. In order to jump through the extra hoops necessary to date someone with kids, I need to REALLY be attracted to her from the get go-- there isn't the luxury of just casually hanging out from time to time to see if things click and passion grows.
I assumed that was the case regardless of having children or not.
 
Old 02-13-2015, 05:45 PM
 
321 posts, read 268,764 times
Reputation: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I assumed that was the case regardless of having children or not.
Not in my experience.
 
Old 02-13-2015, 07:06 PM
 
69 posts, read 34,049 times
Reputation: 22
i am a single mom of 2 and i get asked out all the time, people with kids people with out kids.. guys in their 30s and 40s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top