Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2015, 09:29 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,034,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Look op I'm sorry about your experiences but they aren't representative of my own. As far as my life has been, my options remain the same as they were before I had my son. I don't consider myself undesirable and have not had an issue with men finding me undesirable either. Frankly I don't care that there are men that don't want single moms, good for them. I'm only concerned with dating the men I want and from my experience it's been mutual because thus far the men I want also want me. The men that I don't want-welp I don't care if they don't want me or if they do, because they are blips on the radar. Perhaps the blips are also the men who don't want single mothers-since as of yet I have yet to meet a man that I desire that is turned off by the fact I'm a mother.

Perhaps I'm also unique in that my sons dad wants to be with me and has continuously made it clear despite the fact that I no longer want to be with him. Yes I could save the family and all would be well but i would rather be single than be with him. My happiness matters more to me than saving the family unit and upholding morals taught to me by this society that I i live in, certain morals that I myself don't care much about.
Beliefs create reality. You believe your undesirable that is how you will be treated and it will show itself to you in all your dating experiences.
I guess I should have worded it "when will single moms be desirable to the good guys again?"

Granted my issue may be more of an online dating issue than a single mom issue. I don't know. I stopped looking and as of recently, have been hanging out with a guy I have known most of my life. Maybe he is the one. Time will tell.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I'm Catholic too and this is one reason I would never marry a divorced or never married dad. I wouldn't even marry a divorced man (no kids)unless he got an annulment. Many people don't understand that the Catholic Church doesn't approve of this lifestyle for the most part (though it's changing).
Child sexual abuse is rampant in the Catholic Church. What they approve and disapprove of lost all credibility to me.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
When the kids are out of the home and mom really is "single". Kind of hard to date someone who has to get a babysitter or can be called away during the date, plus the whole sleeping over issue. Just not something most men care for dealing with.
I will be in my 50's before that happens.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:45 AM

44 posts, read 160,850 times
This thread is CRAZY!

I might just have to divorce my wife just so that I can date a single Mom. She'll still be hot even if I dump her. The only problem I see is if she decides to see other people. Then we'll have a problem.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:50 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,911 times
When the kids have moved out and the former hubby is completely out of the picture. I need, and deserve, to be number one in her life as she will be number one with me in my life. When this cannot be recognized or understood that I will not settle for anything less than being number one with her is the very essence as to why single moms are avoided and not desired.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
When the kids have moved out and the former hubby is completely out of the picture. I need, and deserve, to be number one in her life as she will be number one with me in my life. When this cannot be recognized or understood that I will not settle for anything less than being number one with her is the very essence as to why single moms are avoided and not desired.
Do you plan to never have kids?

Old 02-12-2015, 10:00 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Do you plan to never have kids?
No and the reason is perhaps selfish. I would like to be an exclusive couple for a while, maybe a very long while, just the two of us, without any distractions like kids or other individuals in the picture. I would hope that she would feel the same way too.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:06 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
No and the reason is perhaps selfish. I would like to be an exclusive couple for a while, maybe a very long while, just the two of us, without any distractions like kids or other individuals in the picture. I would hope that she would feel the same way too.
Good luck with that. Even without kids there are often other things that get put in the #1 slot. Some people consider themselves #1, work, aging parents, God. Just saying.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Good luck with that. Even without kids there are often other things that get put in the #1 slot. Some people consider themselves #1, work, aging parents, God. Just saying.
I have even seen people put pets ahead of their spouse.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:13 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,250,645 times
Single moms should only date single dads, and only if they have the same number of kids. Otherwise the relationship over the long run will be full of all kinds of unexpected conflicts. And make sure neither of you has any guns. Haven't you heard of the Brady bill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships