Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 09:10 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Bacone View Post
Why not? Don't you like kids?

Or is there some other reason? Is it because their reasons for being a single mum might reflect badly on her character and choice of men? Or is it a natural reluctance to raise another man's kids? I've heard about that but I don't believe it. I think it must probably be the first reason, the one to do with not liking kids. That makes more sense.
No, I don't like kids. I don't want to have kids. I might find the mother attractive but I will never date her if she has children.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:49 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,288,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No, that isn't obvious at all.

Good heavens.

He probably "chose" her because he fell in love with her.

I swear, so many people think this is about filling out a shopping list. It's about falling in love.
Didn't you know that without the list, that they come home with all the wrong ingredients? LOL It's evident, that people make those lists that never can be fulfilled. It's their excuse for not dating, it's safe and protects them from rejection.....

As for this thread, I think that people have to realize that not all single mothers try to get over. Not all single mothers with two different baby daddy's own two houses and two cars, while collecting food stamps and welfare. In the OP's case, it's obvious that until she stops abusing the welfare system, that she will forever be "tainted" meat, and will only appeal to men she has no interest in. It's funny that she doesn't want to have a bad boy type, one who has a prison record, who is a thief etc.....yet she is ok with stealing from the government, by abusing loopholes, and taking advantage of the system.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:50 AM

625 posts, read 952,044 times
I have dated single moms in the past. I am dating a divorced mom of 3 children, but her kids are grown adults now. She actually has grandchildren now. But she knows that I have no interest in getting married at this point of my life. If I had married, I would have done it years ago and started a family of my own. Honestly, if the woman divorced her soulmate whom she had children with, why would it work with me? Would she be as devoted to me as she was to him? Honestly, her children would remain loyal to their longtime father anyway. Most of these women who are single moms are the same women who wouldn't have looked at most men years before they had all of their kids running around their place anyway!

Old 02-18-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
But why not? Single mothers are great. Sure, you might have to put up with a bit of baby momma drama but that's all part of the fun.
And I'll tell you one last time... I will not date a single mother.... ever! If that's what you want to do all the more power to you. But don't push anything on me.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:26 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Many on welfare do work.

I bet if they fix the child support system, the welfare system would automatically see an improvement.
Or better yet not have babies with men who don't support their spawn. Not my responsibility if baby daddy doesn't pay.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:28 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
Quote:
Why not? Don't you like kids?

Or is there some other reason? Is it because their reasons for being a single mum might reflect badly on her character and choice of men? Or is it a natural reluctance to raise another man's kids? I've heard about that but I don't believe it. I think it must probably be the first reason, the one to do with not liking kids. That makes more sense.
Well believe it. Those are my reasons. Continue to live in ignorance, if that's what makes you feel better.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
I'm not. I was just asking why they don't appeal to you, that's all. What could possibly be unappealing? What's not to like? Is it a turnoff playing second fiddle to the dude that got her pregnant? Is it the prospect of dealing with a bunch of kids that have nothing to do with you? Or is it that you'd always be wondering why she's a single mother and what that says about her?
I don't want to deal with her kids. They're annoying.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:30 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
I don't understand why single parents want their kids introduced to casual dates in the first place.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:50 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I don't want to deal with her kids. They're annoying.
You are exactly the type of man who should not date a single mom. Do you want kids of your own or is this just a blanket dislike/disinterest in kids?

I've known guys who didn't like kids very much. Which is totally a normal thing. Not everyone is into kids.

The guys who are VERY into kids that have this blanket dismissal of single moms are perplexing, but not the ones who don't really like kids.

Because, if I don't like sports, I'm not gonna date a jock. Know what I mean?

Old 02-18-2015, 02:50 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I don't understand why single parents want their kids introduced to casual dates in the first place.
They shouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships