U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 03:58 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,732,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
On scale of 1-10, what is he?

On a scale of 1-10, what are you?

I'd also be curious to know why OP has such a low opinion of her appearance. Are you morbidly obese and have a bad complexion? What about you do you not like?
It is hard to put it numerically, but the disparity is very noticeable.

I am not morbidly obese, but I could stand to lose a few. My complexion isn't horrible, but it could be better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 04:03 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,715,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
It is hard to put it numerically, but the disparity is very noticeable.

I am not morbidly obese, but I could stand to lose a few. My complexion isn't horrible, but it could be better.
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I consider myself a decent looking guy (well groomed, in shape, etc.). I've hit up several women on dating sites that weren't exactly "hot", but rather average or slightly below average. They seemed like interesting and fun people though, so that's why I contacted them. In person, some of them were great, others were not so much.

The point is maybe this guy is tired of chasing after the superficial and he's trying to find something deeper, and maybe something on your profile grabbed his attention. Like I said in my previous post, you can give it a shot, just take it slow to ensure he's not just trying get some action from you and peace out immediately after. You should know what he's about after a few dates.

Old 01-30-2015, 04:03 PM

1,763 posts, read 1,173,873 times
Look, there is NOTHING wrong with exchanging e-mails or whatever. He may LOVE the way you look or he may be looking for a hookup. You won't know until you communicate with him.

And please don't be disparaging about your looks when you do contact him. That's a turnoff to a lot of men.

Just take it one message/text/conversation at a time and see what comes of it. It could end up great

Old 01-30-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I consider myself a decent looking guy (well groomed, in shape, etc.). I've hit up several women on dating sites that weren't exactly "hot", but rather average or slightly below average. They seemed like interesting and fun people though, so that's why I contacted them. In person, some of them were great, others were not so much.

The point is maybe this guy is tired of chasing after the superficial and he's trying to find something deeper, and maybe something on your profile grabbed his attention. Like I said in my previous post, you can give it a shot, just take it slow to ensure he's not just trying get some action from you and peace out immediately after. You should know what he's about after a few dates.
Yes, this.

Old 01-30-2015, 04:06 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,732,038 times
I don't know...I'm just so tired of bull****, you know?

Old 01-30-2015, 04:08 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,715,110 times
Quote:
Totally understand. But you still want a relationship, right? Or else you wouldn't be on the dating site. BS is part of the game unfortunately. But it only takes one successful endeavor to trump all of that.

Be confident in yourself. Give it a shot. See where it goes.

Good luck!

Old 01-30-2015, 04:53 PM

2,181 posts, read 2,041,532 times
Quote:
Or average people.

This guy is hot. Maybe I should ask him if he is blind/visually impaired.
I'm hot (or so I've been told), 6'3'', lean-ish and muscled 208 pounds, decent style, played professional golf for a few years and now in business school, look similar to Chris Pratt, same basic facial structure. I messaged women who aren't what you would call bombshells but who were plenty attractive and seemed like cool people in my short stint of online dating. Almost never got a response (like, only ever got two responses out of dozens of well thought out messages), maybe you can enlighten me as to why?

If I wasn't secure in my hotness and historical success with women I'd be pretty destroyed by the response rate. Actually drove me offline, totally not worth the effort. I'd see that all of them looked at my profile but none responded. I know I'm not a leper so what gives?

I don't pick my women based off of my own appearance, I pick them based off of my attraction to them. That's it.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:05 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,873,566 times
Quote:

On the mark. I contacted a lot of men who were below me in looks because something else intrigued me, like they lived around me or worked in a field I did.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:

I get it, I really do. Just don't sell yourself short and give situations like this a chance. Even if it doesn't end up exactly how you may want it, it's still a life experience.

Hang in there!

Old 01-30-2015, 06:00 PM

3,904 posts, read 4,418,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
I'm hot (or so I've been told), 6'3'', lean-ish and muscled 208 pounds, decent style, played professional golf for a few years and now in business school, look similar to Chris Pratt, same basic facial structure. I messaged women who aren't what you would call bombshells but who were plenty attractive and seemed like cool people in my short stint of online dating. Almost never got a response (like, only ever got two responses out of dozens of well thought out messages), maybe you can enlighten me as to why?

If I wasn't secure in my hotness and historical success with women I'd be pretty destroyed by the response rate. Actually drove me offline, totally not worth the effort. I'd see that all of them looked at my profile but none responded. I know I'm not a leper so what gives?

I don't pick my women based off of my own appearance, I pick them based off of my attraction to them. That's it.
Probably insecurity and thinking because you're good looking you're messaging someone like her just to have a one night stand..

Which does happen at times..My good looking friend preys on average women old because he says they're so grateful a hot guy responds to them and are willing to sleep with him right away..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or