Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 04:39 PM

938 posts, read 1,514,113 times

Advertisements

You got dumped. Move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 04:43 PM

79 posts, read 64,761 times
Lol. This chick sucks.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:49 PM

332 posts, read 286,466 times
ditto Yiuppy and IfIcould

Old 01-31-2015, 04:55 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,904,108 times
Go appologize. Tell him honestly what you feel, and ask for another try. I don't know how old you are but you both sound like a couple of 15 year olds, with all the game playing. Face it, two people trying to play hard to get doesn't work.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:12 PM

11,393 posts, read 24,430,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imss_1 View Post
I've been dating this guy for about 4 months, it has been going really well. He treats me great and is really sweet, respectful and affectionate. I have been a little bit frustrated at how things were moving quite slowly - we only saw each other about once a week at best and he was quite slow to respond to my texts, taking up to a day sometimes. However, in person things were really great and right before Xmas he met my parents and then my extended family and got me a lovely Xmas gift (I didn't get him anything).

After Xmas I went on holiday for 3 weeks and before I left, he talked about how he really wanted me to keep in touch while I was out there and how he was going to miss me. He also called me right before I boarded my flight to say bye. Once I was on holiday however, I decided to just have fun with my friend and I didn't get in touch with my guy for a few weeks, and ignored his attempts to contact me. I also got with another guy in a club while I was away, but I haven't told him this.

When I came home last week, I messaged him to say I was back and he seemed a little bit cold, but said work was really busy for him and asked when he was going to see me. We then didn't speak for a couple of days, which is really unusual for us. We made plans for Thursday night, which he then cancelled because he said he got stuck at work. This turned into a fight because I didn't believe him as he made no attempt to reschedule and is now ignoring my texts.

I'm really upset about all this and really want to get back to the way things were before I left. I'm well aware I messed up and probably hurt his feelings but I don't know how to get through to him now. He's very, very sensitive and quite non-confrontational, so I think he will ignore me for a long time now if not forever.

If anyone has any bright ideas about how to fix this, that would be great.
I think you blew it. You acted like a the female version of a jerk. People don't magically get over being treated like trash.

You personify what is wrong with society.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:20 PM

708 posts, read 822,980 times
Congratulations, you managed to cover almost every single reason why I don't bother dating in one post. Your prize is...nothing.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:22 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,110,773 times
OP, please leave this poor guy alone now. He's too good for you.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:46 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,059,854 times
You chose to ignore him while you were on a vacation...and you expect that when you return he'll be waiting with open arms?

BWHAhahahahah....good one!
wait...is this a serious question? For real?

He's a smart man to ignore you and move on. That was pretty crappy to do ESPECIALLY considering he asked if you could keep in touch with him.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:22 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,783,847 times
Funny, I had the same thing happen to me this past summer only it was the man who didn't contact me for a good 3 weeks. Then he came back and wanted to pick up again and I was very nice but made it clear that we would not be continuing to date. He was sad but too bad so sad.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:52 AM

783 posts, read 849,000 times
Basically he realized just how little he means to you when you completely ignored and blew him off. He has definitely gone cold to you. If he ever found out you had sex with another guy that would just be the finishing deal. My best advice would be to swallow your pride and tell him you're sorry, tell him what he means to you (if anything), and ask if you can get back together again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships