Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 07:53 PM

17 posts, read 10,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post
In posting this particular "problem" on this board, exactly what are you hoping for? Do you want people to validate that which you are contemplating? Are you going to tally up the opinions and do what the majority wants you to do? Are you prepared for the feelings that you many have later on in life after you decide to abort? Have you spoken to someone who can advise you impartially and knows you personally? Do you think before you act or speak? Have you learned anything from this experience?
What strikes me about so many posts on this board is that seemingly, no one is taught to respect where they are in relation to the universe. What happened to the knowledge that the actions we take will have consequences in the future?
I suppose that if sex is treated as a recreational activity, the game may have a surprise ending. Next time stick to ping pong. It's safer.
Good luck in your future. Next time keep your legs crossed and your lips sealed.
Let me make it very clear to you that I'm thoroughly aware of what my decision means and what it entails and I'm perfectly at ease with it. I'm not looking for validation, as I didn't make this for majority vote on my pregnancy, but how to handle my boyfriend's reaction to it. I won't even dignify the rest of your post because it screams ignorance, judgment and a right-wing agenda I'm not interested in.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-31-2015 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 07:54 PM

535 posts, read 515,722 times
You are wrong to terminate if he doesn't want you to. It's his child too. This will scar him for life.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfICould View Post
You are wrong to terminate if he doesn't want you to. It's his child too. This will scar him for life.
Having a child I don't want will scar me for life. And probably that baby, too.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:56 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Then he shouldn't have had premarital sex.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:57 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Then he shouldn't have had premarital sex.
But couldn't you say she shouldn't have had sex if she wasn't ready to be a mother, or until a career and adult life was stable. So you can say that about any party in the case of unwanted pregnancy.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:58 PM

111 posts, read 112,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by village801 View Post
Let me make it very clear to you that I'm thoroughly aware of what my decision means and what it entails and I'm perfectly at ease with it. I'm not looking for validation, as I didn't make this for majority vote on my pregnancy, but how to handle my boyfriend's reaction to it. I won't even dignify the rest of your post because it screams ignorance, judgment and a right-wing agenda I'm not interested in.

Short of telling you to go f-- yourself ... good day.
I suggest going offline and talk to a trusted adult, counselor, friend. I totally agree with the post you are responding to. You want support, look for it in the right place. If you can't handle the comments it's time to log off.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:01 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Quote:
We don't know for sure 100% until birth. It's a technicality that a woman can use to her own in making a decision.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-one9 View Post
I suggest going offline and talk to a trusted adult, counselor, friend. I totally agree with the post you are responding to. You want support, look for it in the right place. If you can't handle the comments it's time to log off.

I don't need to talk to a trusted adult, counsellor, etc. I've already spoken to my mother and my discussion with her was more than enough. Furthermore, I don't know how many times I have to repeat that I'm not having second thoughts or backtracking on my decision to have an abortion. If I "regret" it once it's done and need counselling, then I will cross that bridge when I get there.

I never asked for support, either.

No, I won't allow someone to tell me to shut my mouth and close my legs because I engaged in "recreational" sex.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:02 PM

535 posts, read 515,722 times
I'm not sure what advice you want.

and I think the difference between him and her is but he's willing to accept the consequences and she isn't.

but I don't know what we can tell you. How to get the bf to be ok with it? He won't. Ever.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure what advice you want.

and I think the difference between him and her is but he's willing to accept the consequences and she isn't.

but I don't know what we can tell you. How to get the bf to be ok with it? He won't. Ever.
No, if you read my original post, the only piece of advice I asked was whether I should cut all contact and go through with it.

That's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships